TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Factory Pickup

Zootster

Amy.

On 12/1 on the New Shelby Mustangs you said there would be a factory pickup option. Know I won't save any destanation charges but since I only live 22 miles from the factory and may be working through a Motown dealer it sounds ideal for me. Is there a letter code for this? Thanks

Amy.

On 12/1 on the New Shelby Mustangs you said there would be a factory pickup option. Know I won't save any destanation charges but since I only live 22 miles from the factory and may be working through a Motown dealer it sounds ideal for me. Is there a letter code for this? Thanks

....by factory, do you mean SAI or Ford. There is a museum pick up at SAI in Vegas.

Im guessing that he lives in Vegas and ebayed or otherwise bought a car from back east.

Yes I mean 22 miles from SAI. Used to live about 65miles from the Mustang factory.

....by factory, do you mean SAI or Ford. There is a museum pick up at SAI in Vegas.

Is there a code for this?

Yes I mean 22 miles from SAI. Used to live about 65miles from the Mustang factory.

Is there a code for this?

From what I understand, No.

I was told you take care of financial and registration with your dealer. Either before or after that and when you have your VIN call SAI and ask for the Museum pickup. They will take the car of the line when it is complete and not put it on a truck. I would call SAI as soon as you have the VIN. I am bothering my salesperson weekly.

From what I understand the Museum pick up will occur on Fridays only. You will have a tour of the museum, the factory and a lunch.....oh and delivery of your car. :D

I was given this information via a phone call to SAI. Therefore I am confident it is accurate. If not, please correct me. Picking up the car at SAI is not a deal breaker but it would be a bittersweet moment to pick the car up at my dealer.

From what I understand, No.

I was told you take care of financial and registration with your dealer. Either before or after that and when you have your VIN call SAI and ask for the Museum pickup. They will take the car of the line when it is complete and not put it on a truck. I would call SAI as soon as you have the VIN. I am bothering my salesperson weekly.

From what I understand the Museum pick up will occur on Fridays only. You will have a tour of the museum, the factory and a lunch.....oh and delivery of your car. :D

I was given this information via a phone call to SAI. Therefore I am confident it is accurate. If not, please correct me. Picking up the car at SAI is not a deal breaker but it would be a bittersweet moment to pick the car up at my dealer.

You are correct, we are hoping the dealers will get a code before cars are shipped to us, but I am still working on this with ford.

Amy

You are correct, we are hoping the dealers will get a code before cars are shipped to us, but I am still working on this with ford.

Amy

Amy,

Will we save some money on shipping by picking up the car? It would help pay for airline tickets/gas. Do you have a rough idea what the supercharger would cost with installation by SAI? Thanks, Ross

Archived