TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS8

allen246

Hello,

I'm here in Vegas and just bought a Sheby GT, Alloy in Color, V-8, 5 Speed manual and the dealership gave me a sheet stating this is a Turn 1 Package. Can you please give me more information on what I have here? The car is awesome!

never heard of it, i am taking a guess at saying that it might mean it is from the first production run

Hello,

I'm here in Vegas and just bought a Sheby GT, Alloy in Color, V-8, 5 Speed manual and the dealership gave me a sheet stating this is a Turn 1 Package. Can you please give me more information on what I have here? The car is awesome!

Alloy in color? The only colors offered for the Shelby GT are white and black. The stripes are alloy but the cars are only white or black.

Alloy in color? The only colors offered for the Shelby GT are white and black. The stripes are alloy but the cars are only white or black.

I know. The stripes are silver with CS (instead of the Cobra as shown above) under the right and left side mirrors, (see the above CS6 with Shelby standing next to it) and Shelby decal runnung along the left and right doors. The stripes are Lemans runnung fron the front fasica to under the rear bumper. It is almost exactly like the Hertz GT except the wheels are the ones they show on the CS6. I actually called the Shelby plant here in Vegas and believe it or not, the guy I talked to was familiar with this model but was not aware it had been released.

I know. The stripes are silver with CS (instead of the Cobra as shown above) under the right and left side mirrors, (see the above CS6 with Shelby standing next to it) and Shelby decal runnung along the left and right doors. The stripes are Lemans runnung fron the front fasica to under the rear bumper. It is almost exactly like the Hertz GT except the wheels are the ones they show on the CS6. I actually called the Shelby plant here in Vegas and believe it or not, the guy I talked to was familiar with this model but was not aware it had been released.

If you bought a Shelby Mustang GT would you mind sharing what equipment was on it and the pricing info, our understanding has been the cars were not ready yet.

If you bought a Shelby Mustang GT would you mind sharing what equipment was on it and the pricing info, our understanding has been the cars were not ready yet.

I think it may be a GT with a stage-1 CS8 appearance kit.

Stage-2 adds a handling package.

Stage-3 adds a supercharger.

I think it may be a GT with a stage-1 CS8 appearance kit.

Stage-2 adds a handling package.

Stage-3 adds a supercharger.

The following is the literature that came with the car:

Shelby Component Package

Turn 1 Package

Specifically tuned Race suspension (Dampers/springs/sway bars)

Unique 20x9 Shelby wheels

Shelby hood and inset hood grille

Shelby front fascia and lower grille

Shlby upper grille insert and grille shell

Custom Shelby driving lights

Hood pins and brackets

modified radiator cover (for hood pins)

Side scoops (set)

Shelby CS6 racing stripes

Rear fascia

Rear Spoiler

Shelby door sill plates

Custom dual exhaust with H-pipe

Custom tip exhaust

Shelby Component Package

Turn 1 Package

Hood pins and brackets

Side scoops (set)

Rear fascia

Rear Spoiler

Shelby door sill plates

Custom tip exhaust

It looks better than the GT500

Price for the package is $20,000.00

Shelby Component Package

Turn 1 Package

Hood pins and brackets

Side scoops (set)

Rear fascia

Rear Spoiler

Shelby door sill plates

Custom tip exhaust

It looks better than the GT500

Price for the package is $20,000.00

Is the car a V8 or V6?

Edit: sorry just read above, the price sounds like alot considering the entire shelby cs6 package with supercharger is $15000.00. but maybe its installation.

Is the car a V8 or V6?

Edit: sorry just read above, the price sounds like alot considering the entire shelby cs6 package with supercharger is $15000.00. but maybe its installation.

Seems to be a stage-2 package though I have never heard the term Turn-1. I'll bet Shelby decided to do away with the three stage package and change it to a two stage package (Turn-1 and 2). There is some logic in this in that an appearance package without the handling upgrades (or dual exhaust) is not really worthy of the name.

Other than the sill plates are there any other interior changes or additions?

In the first post he said it was a V8.

Seems to be a stage-2 package though I have never heard the term Turn-1. I'll bet Shelby decided to do away with the three stage package and change it to a two stage package (Turn-1 and 2). There is some logic in this in that an appearance package without the handling upgrades (or dual exhaust) is not really worthy of the name.

Other than the sill plates are there any other interior changes or additions?

In the first post he said it was a V8.

Interior upgrade package with the Mycolor dash. Instead of pulling out the light switch for the fog lamps, there's a separate button mounted on the dash on the left side of the steering wheel for the modified fog light system. Otherwise, the interior is exactly the same as standard GT. I'm sending the vehicle back to Shelby to correct some paint and body flaws and also, before you drive it off the lot, I strongly advise you to run the computer diagnostics. My tire pressure alarm came on and now the sensor is not working properly. Shelby stated they needed to adjust or replace the sensor because of the low profile tires and 20 inch wheels. I'm also going to ask for some extras while it's in the shop due to the inconvenience of having the car laid up not even a week after I've had it. Whoever did the finishing work on the paint and body must have been sleeping.

As it doesn't have the supercharger, it shouldn't have the dash plate.

I just got off the phone with Shelby Auto here in Vegas and I finally got some answers. The model I bought is a Shelby CS8 Mustang GT. It comes with all the bells and whistles minus the supercharger. To date, only four have been made and he did not give me any indication of how many where going to be produced. They are currently discussing CSM issues for Shelby registration purposes. Another addition to my car is the Sirious Satellite radio which is pretty cool. Again, Alloy in color, silver lemans stripes with Shelby on the doors, etc. Thanks all for your help and I'll answer any additional questions if you all have any.

Will do. I still have to figure out how to do it. Please be patient.

Easy enough. When you reply, look on the bottom of the page, you will see:

"File Attachments

Global Space Left: 210.19k"

Click the white "Browse..." button to the right of this. This enables you to select pictures from your computer. A "Choose file" window will open. Select the area in your computer where you store these pics (ie: My Documents > My Pictures). Click on the selected picture. It will fill the "File Attachments" window on the Shelby web page. Then click the "Add this attachment" button and wait a few seconds. If you wish to add more than one pic, repeat the process until finished. Then click the "Add Reply" button. Hope this helps! ;)

Sounds like a regular GT with all the features (AND THEN SOME) that the Shelby GT comes with. Maybe I should research this instead of trying to locate 1 Shelby GT when each dealer gets only one or two. There

are some listed on Ebay now at 10k over MSRP, BUT, what is MSRP going to be. 20k over the regular GT?

does anyone know...

Sounds like a regular GT with all the features (AND THEN SOME) that the Shelby GT comes with. Maybe I should research this instead of trying to locate 1 Shelby GT when each dealer gets only one or two. There

are some listed on Ebay now at 10k over MSRP, BUT, what is MSRP going to be. 20k over the regular GT?

does anyone know...

Look at the post on build sheets in the forum under Shelby GT and also a post from AmyB on $35.9 with Shelby Add-ON, plus whatever you add at Las Vegas.

Be careful this website is very addictive................ :lol::lol:

does anyone know...

Here in Vegas, total cost of the Shelby CS8 is $49,320.00. They listed the Shelby Street Package for $20,000.00. After looking under the car, the suspension system is the Eibach Street Performance Suspension (Red Sway Bars) front and rear. Next, I'll be trying to figure out the brakes. The rear are Ford but the front are not stamped. Still working on pictures. Otherwise, the car is a Mustang GT premium package.

Look at the post on build sheets in the forum under Shelby GT and also a post from AmyB on $35.9 with Shelby Add-ON, plus whatever you add at Las Vegas.

Be careful this website is very addictive................ :lol::lol:

I crawled under the car last night and learned for info. The suspension is Eibach Street Racing suspension (red in color) sway bars and springs and the chrome exhaust tips are JBA. MSRP on the car is $49,000.00.

I crawled under the car last night and learned for info. The suspension is Eibach Street Racing suspension (red in color) sway bars and springs and the chrome exhaust tips are JBA. MSRP on the car is $49,000.00.

Hi Allen, it sounds like a beautiful car. Its a Mustang Gt with the shelby CS8 package.

for the record and clarification guys, and so there isn't confusion this is not a Shelby Gt, they haven't shown up yet from ford. Also the color and the stripes Allen discribed are from the cs6/cs8 package. and it sounds like a complete package minus SC . Post some pictures, I bet it's cool. we have many dealers that are buying our fully authorized kits and putting them on mustang Gt's. These kits are all inclusive, like the CS6 on our site, makes for a pretty car in many colors.

I heard you were bringing in the car for a stripe ajustment. We will send it to catalyst striping who I believe the dealer used. Since we are in vegas, we offered to help out

Allen, I editted your first post and changed the wording from Shelby Gt to Shelby CS8.

Amy

Archived