TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 Hood - S/C Clearance

chritaka

I think I read that the CS6 hood is raised 1" over stock to compensate for the dip and the dip in the hood would be the same height as the factory hood, is this correct? I will be going with a Kenne Bell or Whipple S/C on my '06 GT and want to see if there would be any clearance issues with the hood. There are not any clearance issues with the factory hood and if the CS6 has an additional 1", it should be fine? Just looking for confirmation. Thanks!

Thanks, I appreciate the info! If it clears the Roush, then it should clear the others.

Hopefully I can tell you for sure soon. The hood is still sitting in my garage. Waiting for the fascia before i get anything painted. I want to get everything painted at the same time as it doesn't matter how good a shop is, if they have to mix paint twice, chances are something will be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the question is then, Is the CS6 Hood clearance on the inside the same as the stock hood? I was told yes way back when I purchased my hood. If it is not and poses a problem for my Rouscharger I would not have went this route.

Guys, I am not sure what the issue is here, and I think there is confusion. We all have SC on our cars with the Gt-H/CS6 hood. they all fit and we have used paxton . So if its not fitting, then there is another issue. we have both the CS6 and CS8. The hood was made with paxton /vortex in mind as that is part of our kit. If you diviate from our kit, you should call before you buy.

Jason, you have a lot of stuff on your car, please check to make sure what it is before posting that the hood doesn't fit our SC.

Amy

Guys, I am not sure what the issue is here, and I think there is confusion. We all have SC on our cars with the Gt-H/CS6 hood. they all fit and we have used paxton . So if its not fitting, then there is another issue. we have both the CS6 and CS8. The hood was made with paxton /vortex in mind as that is part of our kit. If you diviate from our kit, you should call before you buy.

Jason, you have a lot of stuff on your car, please check to make sure what it is before posting that the hood doesn't fit our SC.

Amy

Understood Amy, that is what I did since I have a Roots style blower sitting ontop of the engine that fit's under the stock hood with no issue. When I purchased the hood from Hillbank I was told there was no issue that the clearance is the same as the stock hood.

Understood Amy, that is what I did since I have a Roots style blower sitting ontop of the engine that fit's under the stock hood with no issue. When I purchased the hood from Hillbank I was told there was no issue that the clearance is the same as the stock hood.

thanks GP, merry christmas!!!

Not sure where the confusion is, the paxton fits, the roush fits and I suppose as long as it's a roots sytem there will bo no issues. I am waiting for Jason to tell me whay he did differently that made him cut a hole.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

thanks GP, merry christmas!!!

Not sure where the confusion is, the paxton fits, the roush fits and I suppose as long as it's a roots sytem there will bo no issues. I am waiting for Jason to tell me whay he did differently that made him cut a hole.

Amy

Amy, FYI. My Bodyshop called today to inform me the hood does not fit on my car with the Roush blower (I assume will be the same with other roots/twinscrew blowers as well). They will need to cut the inner support basically in the area that looks like it is meant to be cut out for a drag racing style blower.

They are going to put some dye on top of the blower and mark where it hits and send me pictures. I will be sending those to Ted once I get them as I am not thrilled about the idea of changing the structural support.

I will post here as well.

So the answer appears to be no, the underside of the CS6 Hood is not the same clearance as the stock hoods.

Amy, FYI. My Bodyshop called today to inform me the hood does not fit on my car with the Roush blower (I assume will be the same with other roots/twinscrew blowers as well). They will need to cut the inner support basically in the area that looks like it is meant to be cut out for a drag racing style blower.

They are going to put some dye on top of the blower and mark where it hits and send me pictures. I will be sending those to Ted once I get them as I am not thrilled about the idea of changing the structural support.

I will post here as well.

So the answer appears to be no, the underside of the CS6 Hood is not the same clearance as the stock hoods.

Sorry to hear about the clearance issue. I hope it works out. -FB

Archived