TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I dont think this has been asked before

GTHERO

I would like to start off by thanking Amy for all her hard work keeping us updated on the status of the car, I have been reading for a while as a guest and finally decided to register.

I ordered my GT today and cant wait for it to arrive . White color scheme with Shaker 1000 stereo and sirius radio. Going to get the supercharger kit and other options from Shelby as soon as i get the car.

So here is my question. Does the GT have the MYcolor feature (125 custom colors for gauges)?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I have yet to stumble upon it in my readings.

Thanks

Luke

Amy, Actually a few more questions I have thought of

1. What kind of S.C. can we expect and what increase in power can be expected.

2. Is it possible to have Mr. Shelby sign the dash of the car while it is at the Shelby Plant, like it is seen in the GT-H (with a donation to the Carrol Shelby Foundation of course )

3. I am unclear on the wording you used in the previous post when this was asked. The power, suspension packages, etc... offered for the GT, are they UPGRADES or are they for people to build their own Shelby GT??

Thanks again for your help Amy

Luke

Thanks , any idea on some of the other questions??

Paxton Supercharger with "shelby" engraved into it...On another site Amy said 485+ HP. I don't know if that is hard number?

I am curious about the Shelby power pack and suspension also. It shows in the "Shelby GT only" section. Therefore, I think it may be an extra upgrade....(Amy, I hope not my car is getting more expensive than I anticipated).

I would also like to know about having the autograph also. You can send any part to be autographed for a donation but on the GT-H convertible prototype it is on the air bag door. That might be a little difficult to send in ;) .

Paxton Supercharger with "shelby" engraved into it...On another site Amy said 485+ HP. I don't know if that is hard number?

B) 485+ wow.... that would be amazing...

I would also like to know about having the autograph also. You can send any part to be autographed for a donation but on the GT-H convertible prototype it is on the air bag door. That might be a little difficult to send in ;) .

Yeah I would want teh autograph on the Shelby plaque like the picture and the GT-H has... Any info on how we can get this done??

gt103-1024.jpg

I may be misunderstanding......as far as I know all the GTs are going to have the autographed plaque that is pictured. There was an additional autograph on the GT-h convertible on the air bag door. Similar to what you see on alot of the classic cars. I don't know if that autograph is possible upon pick up.

Also as very cool as it looks I am not sure I would want it. I will have this car for as long as I am upright. I don't know if the autograph on the dash can be preserved well enough to look as cool as the day it is penned.

Also as very cool as it looks I am not sure I would want it. I will have this car for as long as I am upright. I don't know if the autograph on the dash can be preserved well enough to look as cool as the day it is penned.

See I think an autograph on the dash like the one pictured will last longer then one on the airbag door. I beleive the autograph will preserve well... If you take the car to a memoribilia store, I am sure there is some kind of coating they can put over the autograph to help preserve it.

See I think an autograph on the dash like the one pictured will last longer then one on the airbag door. I beleive the autograph will preserve well... If you take the car to a memoribilia store, I am sure there is some kind of coating they can put over the autograph to help preserve it.

Well I believe every Shelby GT will have the placque with the signature. However, I am pretty sure they are not hand signatures....thats 6000 signatures Mr. Shelby would have to do....I am pretty sure it is a manufactured facsimile.

Well I believe every Shelby GT will have the placque with the signature. However, I am pretty sure they are not hand signatures....thats 6000 signatures Mr. Shelby would have to do....I am pretty sure it is a manufactured facsimile.

Yeah I wish it was a hand signiture, or at least some way to get a hand signature.

Yeah I wish it was a hand signiture, or at least some way to get a hand signature.

I sent my passenger side upper front dash to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation last week. I removed the portion of the airbag assembely that was installed in back of the faceplate. So it's just the only the front dash cover is what I sent. It took about 20 minutes to remove it. The item is less than a pound and is approimately is wide and long as a standard cpu keyboard. As per the website, all car parts request a $200.00 donation. Once I get it back I will have it either clearcoated or get a 3M thin clear adhesive film over the signature. I have a V8 as well, but going with the CS6 format. I think this hand written signature will be a nice touch to a already nice project.

My advise is to send whatever it is you want him to sign soon. Its for a darn good cause and even legends can't be with us forever. I wish they could. Man, I wish he could. He's an awesome guy! -FB

I sent my passenger side upper front dash to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation last week. I removed the portion of the airbag assembely that was installed in back of the faceplate. So it's just the only the front dash cover is what I sent. It took about 20 minutes to remove it. The item is less than a pound and is approimately is wide and long as a standard cpu keyboard. As per the website, all car parts request a $200.00 donation. Once I get it back I will have it either clearcoated or get a 3M thin clear adhesive film over the signature. I have a V8 as well, but going with the CS6 format. I think this hand written signature will be a nice touch to a already nice project.

My advise is to send whatever it is you want him to sign soon. Its for a darn good cause and even legends can't be with us forever. I wish they could. Man, I wish he could. He's an awesome guy! -FB

Yeah when I get my GT i definately plan on having him sign some part of it... 200 dollars for an autograph of a living legend is something I would definately pay.... Hell I would pay a grand for it... It will be a very nice touch to the car and will drastically increase the value of it when it comes time to sell in 25-30 years

Yeah when I get my GT i definately plan on having him sign some part of it..... It will be a very nice touch to the car and will drastically increase the value of it when it comes time to sell in 25-30 years

I don't believe it will add one penny to the value of the car. A look at vintage sales does not seem to support that a premium is paid for cars with Carroll Shelby's signature. It is a very nice touch though.

robin

I don't believe it will add one penny to the value of the car. A look at vintage sales does not seem to support that a premium is paid for cars with Carroll Shelby's signature. It is a very nice touch though.

robin

I think you may have got some kind of sadistic pleasure out of popping this guys bubble Robin. LOL

It would be nice though if just a signature would do it!

robin

yeah not that alone, but if you keep the car in prestine shape, and along with Carroll Shelby's autograph has got to add value, the reason it hasnt shown an effect on today's vintage sales is because anybody can mail a part of the car to the CSF for an autograph, while its highly doubtful (even though most of us wish) Mr. Shelby will be around 30 years down the road :(. Then because you can no longer get the signature, there will be a significant boost in car value.

yeah not that alone, but if you keep the car in prestine shape, and along with Carroll Shelby's autograph has got to add value, while its highly doubtful (even though most of us wish) Mr. Shelby will be around 30 years down the road :( . Then because you can no longer get the signature, there will be a significant boost in car value.

I would still disagree with you on any significant value. It may make the car more attractive to the casual buyer but a discriminate buyer will be more concerned with originality, condition, and completeness. Unless there is a documented history showing the significance and authenticity of the signature, there is no added value. The cars that sell for a premium, no matter what, are those with extensive documentation.

robin

I would still disagree with you on any significant value. It may make the car more attractive to the casual buyer but a discriminate buyer will be more concerned with originality, condition, and completeness. Unless there is a documented history showing the significance and authenticity of the signature, there is no added value. The cars that sell for a premium, no matter what, are those with extensive documentation.

robin

Very good point, documentation is key.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived