TEAM SHELBY FORUM

78'shelby ranchero gt

RAYHIDANGLER

i'm trying to find out if in fact did shelby produce a ranchero gt in 1978' . in the book ford ranchero 1957-1979 photo history by james c, mays he states shelbys workshop on west ten mile rd in southfield michigan produced 39 rancheros [ all were black with gold stripes ,modified suspensions, modified 400engines , modified interiors etc.] to celebrate fords diamond anniversary , he goes into a detailed description of the car. i've never heard of this ,and neither has anyone at ranchero.us . so does anyone know if this is true or where i can find out if this is true or not. any help would be appreciated thank you

i too,have loved mr. shelby's cars since i saw my first one in the 60's . i just don't have the resources to own one . regarding the 78' shelby ranchero , one of the fellow members of ranchero us recently had the oppurtunity to talk to mr. shelby and he assured him it never was . we had all read in the book {rancheros photo history 57' thru 79' } that he had built them, but evidently it only existed in the writers imagination . i have to agree with you it would have been a neat concept . thank you for your time . rayhidangler

Archived