TEAM SHELBY FORUM

68 GT500 W/ SUNROOF

STALLY

(68 GT500 SUNROOF) DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER A PHOTO OF A RED WITH WHITE STRIP 1968 SHELBY WITH A SUNROOF. ITS THE SAME AS THE 68 COUGAR. I BELIEVE THAT THIS PHOTO COULD INVOLVE SANTA CLAUSE LOOKING OUT THE TOP. (NOT SURE OF THE SANTA JUST A POSSIBILTY) DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THIS CAR AT ALL. PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT. STALLY68@MSN.COM

• 1 month later...

A Cougars roof is very flat, a Shelby would be a fastback which has a very curved roof. It would be hard to build a sliding sunroof to fit a fastback. A few Mustang coupes were built with power sunroofs. I seem to remember a greeting card that showed a picture of Santa in a Shelby, but it was a drawing not an photo. <_< Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So I see a want ad in the February issue of Hemmings Motor News where someone will pay $500.00 for a copy of this photo :blink: Somebody wants it real bad.. Mark

Hi I am New here! I havent been able to make a new topic yet but just clicked here and i can reply! Its great to know i can chat on a shelby related forum now, how long has it been on air.

So My Brother has a 68 GT500 with a sunroof! its highgreen now but once it was red for 10 years untill 1987!

It works well and its a nice addition to having it! the sunroof has been on the car for very long time! its a webasto type! the car was once called the Snakecharmer in its drag days in the 70s.

Steve.

Hi I am New here! I havent been able to make a new topic yet but just clicked here and i can reply! Its great to know i can chat on a shelby related forum now, how long has it been on air.

So My Brother has a 68 GT500 with a sunroof! its highgreen now but once it was red for 10 years untill 1987!

It works well and its a nice addition to having it! the sunroof has been on the car for very long time! its a webasto type! the car was once called the Snakecharmer in its drag days in the 70s.

Steve.

i have an old mustang video with the snake charmer car in it.

i have an old mustang video with the snake charmer car in it.

Hi We live in the UK! Is it the snakecharmer you talk about our one here! It had heavy Fleck metalic paint with air details!

Shelby Steve, please post a photo of the car.I for one would love to see it. Stuff Santa in it, take his picture and send it to the guy looking for it. I wonder if the $500.00 offer is still good ? Mark

Hi Mark nice to meet! Theres one picture on the mocuk.net site Hold on! :o Are you going to sell this picture! Lol :rolleyes:

Heres the link for you! http://www.mocgb.net/Photos/_Silverstone04...s/DSCF0024.html

and here our car on the Lemans start line at le sarthe, you can just see the roof on both pitures!

My shelby is the Middle one click to enlarge! and if you click on it you see others i have on putfile!

My Bro informed me he wants to sell it! so is there a sales link to this forum or should i contact saac, i am a member!

23506511391.jpg

Archived