TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake upgrade

houstonnw

I have a deposit on a Shelby GT at a local dealer and am planning to use the car for autocross, drag, and track days.

I've already been researching brake upgrades and have found that drilled disks are not recommended.

Based on the SEMA pics so far it seems the 14" Shelby front brake upgrade is drilled and slotted.

Have these been tested on the track? If I'm going to track my car on a regular basis will these rotors hold up?

The reason I ask is because the Corvette Z06 guys have had all kinds of trouble with their drilled, 6-puck front rotors.

Thanks in advance and hope to see ya'll when I do my Las Vegas delivery! (If Ford lets you...)

I have a deposit on a Shelby GT at a local dealer and am planning to use the car for autocross, drag, and track days.

I've already been researching brake upgrades and have found that drilled disks are not recommended.

Based on the SEMA pics so far it seems the 14" Shelby front brake upgrade is drilled and slotted.

Have these been tested on the track? If I'm going to track my car on a regular basis will these rotors hold up?

The reason I ask is because the Corvette Z06 guys have had all kinds of trouble with their drilled, 6-puck front rotors.

Thanks in advance and hope to see ya'll when I do my Las Vegas delivery! (If Ford lets you...)

you should upgrade the brakes, we use the shelby brakes made by bear. they are also the same brakes we use on the cobra. If you call the main number and ask for ted, he will give you the specs on the brakes.

Amy

Archived