TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT options

Milstang

http://www.shelbyautos.com/MustangParts2.asp

Here is the link to the Shelby options being listed currently. Now I see that it lists a Shelby handling pack and a Shelby Power Pack. A few questions now...

(1) Is this the FRPP packs that are normally on the car or upgrades to the standard Shelby GT items?

Most likely they are so others can make their own Shelby GT but just wanted to be sure...trying to plan out my option listing. :D

(2) I see the center dash cluster for S/C cars but don't see the supercharger and was wondering if it is going to be centrifical or screw type...or will there be an option of either one?

(3) When will we find out about the upgraded brakes? (Big item to me with the S/C)

(4) Do the Shelby Razors come in chrome/polished etc. (I am not keen on having a black vehicle with wheels dark as well, seems to be a big black blob then. MY opinion only...no problem if others want that.)

(5) Feel free to discuss the rest of the options in this thread.

And one last thing...can't wait to see a picture of the Arm rest cover.

Brian

Sounds cool. I especially like the carbon-fiber mirror covers....very cool. Would look great on Black or Alloy. And, you know..... they are guaranteed to increase your top-end by at least 2-3 mph! :P Great products offered....

Love the 40th Anniv. treatment to the '500, too. *sigh*

glad you like it

Amy

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 01:29 AM) 1391[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

glad you like it

Amy

Amy can you or anyone else answer any of the questions I posted please?

If you are not allowed to at this time I understand. Also one more question, can we order the Shelby GT from the Ford dealership with the extras or do we have to bring the car back on our own for the Shelby mods? Of course the salesmen I have talked to have no idea and I want to make sure I get the car the way I want it. Thanks so much for all the hardwork and the mods for the Shelby GT and the 40th package, they are both great!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 01:29 AM) 1391[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

glad you like it

Also one more question, can we order the Shelby GT from the Ford dealership with the extras or do we have to bring the car back on our own for the Shelby mods?

I should check the other sources before asking more questions to waste your time. I would love any answers you are able to give on the options listing above...second part I have now. :D

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51744&page=8

Amy can you or anyone else answer any of the questions I posted please?

If you are not allowed to at this time I understand. Also one more question, can we order the Shelby GT from the Ford dealership with the extras or do we have to bring the car back on our own for the Shelby mods? Of course the salesmen I have talked to have no idea and I want to make sure I get the car the way I want it. Thanks so much for all the hardwork and the mods for the Shelby GT and the 40th package, they are both great!

I should check the other sources before asking more questions to waste your time. I would love any answers you are able to give on the options listing above...second part I have now. :D

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51744&page=8

place you order, we dont start till mid december, by then we will have the options. If any are approved. The dealer will update you then, check with him in december just incase

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 02:35 PM) 1402[/snapback]

place you order, we dont start till mid december, by then we will have the options. If any are approved. The dealer will update you then, check with him in december just incase

Amy

Thanks Amy for such a fast reply! I have to wait until Monday because no one at the dealership knows what a Shelby GT is...they keep saying they only have 2 more to order. It took forever to get them to understand it is not a GT500. Oh well, I have waited 3 years already so a few more days won't hurt. I can't wait to get such a great car from all of you. Thanks again.

Brian

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 02:35 PM) 1402[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

Thanks Amy for such a fast reply! I have to wait until Monday because no one at the dealership knows what a Shelby GT is...they keep saying they only have 2 more to order. It took forever to get them to understand it is not a GT500. Oh well, I have waited 3 years already so a few more days won't hurt. I can't wait to get such a great car from all of you. Thanks again.

Brian

Soooo, dude: You are "pulling the trigger" on this? Glad to hear it! It really seems like a sweeet ride. As for me......I am too indecisive at this point. Love the Shelby GT, but need a 'vert. And as you & I know too well...the '500 vert is too pricey with adms right now, and the Shelby GT has no 'vert option-- YET. Sooooo....I wait. & I pace. & I wait. You get the idea! Let us all know how the order process pans out and what you selected. Good luck!!! B)

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 11 2006, 01:29 AM) 1391[/snapback]

glad you like it

Amy

"Like it", Amy???......talk about the understatement of the year! :lol:

Soooo, dude: You are "pulling the trigger" on this? Glad to hear it! It really seems like a sweeet ride. As for me......I am too indecisive at this point. Love the Shelby GT, but need a 'vert. And as you & I know too well...the '500 vert is too pricey with adms right now, and the Shelby GT has no 'vert option-- YET. Sooooo....I wait. & I pace. & I wait. You get the idea! Let us all know how the order process pans out and what you selected. Good luck!!! B)

glad you like it

Amy

"Like it", Amy???......talk about the understatement of the year! :lol:

I will as soon as the dealership figures out how to do it. Their GM has still not called me back and I am starting to feel as if I am getting the blow off. I will contact them again...

One last questions Amy...I know I know.

Once a supercharger is approved will it fit under the CS6 hood if you go with the Whipple? (twin screw)

I figure you will have the Paxton one but I would prefer the Whipple that FRPP has listed now.

I do LOVE that CS6 hood though....

:wub:

(1) Is this the FRPP packs that are normally on the car or upgrades to the standard Shelby GT items?

>> these are all upgrades to the car.

Most likely they are so others can make their own Shelby GT but just wanted to be sure...trying to plan out my option listing. :D

>>>>Yep, all options....

(2) I see the center dash cluster for S/C cars but don't see the supercharger and was wondering if it is going to be centrifical or screw type...or will there be an option of either one?

>>> we are finalizing the supercharger now, it will be a paxton with the shelby brand on it.

(3) When will we find out about the upgraded brakes? (Big item to me with the S/C)

>>> the brakes we will offer are bear. the have shelby in the calipers

(4) Do the Shelby Razors come in chrome/polished etc. (I am not keen on having a black vehicle with wheels dark as well, seems to be a big black blob then. MY opinion only...no problem if others want that.)

>>> They will have both in the new year, call the las vegas office, ask for steve, he can help you more

(5) Feel free to discuss the rest of the options in this thread.

And one last thing...can't wait to see a picture of the Arm rest cover.

>>> in the parts section now

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 22 2006, 06:54 PM) 1535[/snapback]

>>> we are finalizing the supercharger now, it will be a paxton with the shelby brand on it.

>>> the brakes we will offer are bear. the have shelby in the calipers

>>> in the parts section now

Well you just made my year!! Now if only the dealership can figure out how to order me my car Christmas will be done for me.

Thanks so much Amy for all the hard work and offering everything the way I was hoping to get the car...even down to the Baer brakes. B)

If you look at the prototype pictures you will see that the Shelby GT has no rear spoiler.

I did notice that, but as the car options firm up, I would think the spoiler would eventially be one of those options. It's so easy to incorporate. A GT-500 spoiler would do a world of good in shaping up the rear end!

Amy,

OK, I have my white Shelby GT ordered. :) Now, when and how will I be able to add the Shelby options (CS hood, Supercharger, brakes, instrument cluster, brake ducting,) to the order. Also, how to set up the Shelby Factory pick up.

Thanks,

Chris

Umm..same as above plus one other! :D

Will these be offered in an anodized black as well? http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=66

As always thanks for building such a great car for the masses. (aka the peons) :P

Umm..same as above plus one other! :D

Will these be offered in an anodized black as well? http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShowDetail.asp?id=66

As always thanks for building such a great car for the masses. (aka the peons) :P

there will be an option for shelby pickup, when that is done, you can call us to place an order to add stuff to your car.

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Dec 1 2006, 09:53 PM) 1684[/snapback]

there will be an option for shelby pickup, when that is done, you can call us to place an order to add stuff to your car.

Amy

Amy,

Thank You. Can't wait to pick up my car in Vegas with some cool stuff and take the long way home.

Amy :

If we opt for Las Vegas pickup, can the Shelby additional options be included in the final price of the car through the dealer ? I would rather do everything all together.

-Tim-

hi tim, yes, if you pick Las vegas, we can then do SC or any other options...

Amy

Amy,

Can you elaborate on the order process for the Shelby add-on options to the Shelby GT?

What is holding up the distribution of the information?

thanks,

Mark

first we had to arrange for las vegas pickup, dodne, now we are working on options we can get enough of and how much time is needed. we will have an update soon

A

Another question, Amy-- do you have the final HP output for the s/c option - and- will a s/c'd car have the Ford warranty intact? Thanks!!!

I think most, but the SC is always the issue, if you have something needing work, theywill know if the SC has caused it.

Amy

I have a black shelby gt ordered through my dealer but the only options available are shaker 1000, interior upgrade,sirius radio, anti theft alarm and locking wheel nuts. We tried to option a lot of other stuff but couldnt.

On the Vegas pick up, please clarify if additional items (ie lower gears, supercharger etc) could be put on the original shelby gt invoice thru my ford dealer. I got the impression that I couldnt change anything on the order thru the local dealership.

When will youre first finished cars be delivered? Thanks for the forum, Ross

• 2 weeks later...

I have a black shelby gt ordered through my dealer but the only options available are shaker 1000, interior upgrade,sirius radio, anti theft alarm and locking wheel nuts. We tried to option a lot of other stuff but couldnt.

On the Vegas pick up, please clarify if additional items (ie lower gears, supercharger etc) could be put on the original shelby gt invoice thru my ford dealer. I got the impression that I couldnt change anything on the order thru the local dealership.

When will youre first finished cars be delivered? Thanks for the forum, Ross

Reb,

From other threads it sounds like the additional items will not be wrapped into the Ford financing. I am going to make sure I have the money on hand or take out a loan before I get to Las Vegas...might have to be a loan at the rate my "must have options" keeps going.

:lol:

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Dec 1 2006, 09:53 PM) 1684[/snapback]

Amy

Amy, two questions, if I may:

1) For those of us who do order Shelby parts that actually replace the parts on the car as delivered to you by Ford (e.g. wheels, hood, suspension components, etc.), what do you do with the original pieces? Do you give them back to us? Or do you keep them and give us some kind of credit (core charge)? Just wondering how that works.

2) For those of us who live close to Vegas (I'm in SoCal and get to Vegas pretty regularly) and thus getting to your facility is not a big deal, do you have some type of showroom or parts counter there where we can actually see the Shelby parts before actually ordering them? I'd much rather see the parts in person (especially appearance items such as wheels and spoiler) than just looking at a picture on your web site, and it would be worth a trip to Vegas to look over the parts before actually placing my order for the ones I'd want to add to my Shelby GT. Is this do-able?

Thanks. I think I speak for every one of us Mustang/Shelby enthusiasts when I say you're a God-send!

Archived