TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order Time Line

DMOCONNOR

Does anyone have an idea as to when these cars will actually hit the pavement at the Shelby facility in Las Vegas.

I have had an order in for several months and the dealer is just waiting for ordering instructions to open from Ford.

Thanks

Don :D

My understanding is that the order banks will open end of November/beginning of December timeframe with the cars hitting the pavement in January sometime.

More info can be found here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55000

She, nor Shelby can control what the dealers do...that would be collusion. I'm not too worried. Yet. :rolleyes:

On the bright side, this should help take the pressure off the '500 B)

The order line is now open as of today, the option list will be updated shortly, but the ordering of the car is open.

Amy

Hey, Amy, you might want to check the Ford Shelby GT ad running at www.thoroughbredford.com a Kansas City Ford dealer stating that they "have the Ford Shebly (sic) GTs cars in stock and offer competitive pricing! The ad carries the factory photo of the Shelby GT.

Hey, Amy, you might want to check the Ford Shelby GT ad running at www.thoroughbredford.com a Kansas City Ford dealer stating that they "have the Ford Shebly (sic) GTs cars in stock and offer competitive pricing! The ad carries the factory photo of the Shelby GT.

lol.... I will check it out but they don't have any, believe me, I would know :)

Amy

Amy. What is meant by the order line is open. Does this mean we can go to the dealer right now and order the car? Do they have all the information needed to try to deal for a price?

Well, I gotta laugh at this one. That dealership is all of about 2 miles from my house. I'll see if I can swing by and take a look at it. ROFL

They are a dealership that I actually avoid doing business with. They made the purchase of my GT a pain in the "butt" when I was dealing with another dealership in the area and they had a GT on the lot that I was interested in (I was getting one thru autobytel, so I couldnt go to thoroughbred directly).

Suffice to say, I'm not at all surprised that they are making mistakes like this either.

Andretti

To All:

Hello, I've been reading awhile and appreciate most input and information I have read. I plan to order a black Shelby GT. Which is why I started posting tonight....

Amy,

I have been talking with the General Manager of a large dealer here in Southern California. As of Tuesday morning he told me that Ford is not accepting orders and we can't order the car yet. I have no reason to doubt you or him but I am confused and very anxious.

Second, I understand the Shelby options (super charger, brakes, hood, etc.) aren't quite approved yet for ordering. If that is the case, can a car be ordered to be built by Ford before the options are available and then the order be modified later?

Lastly, Amy thank you for keeping us updated.

To All:

Hello, I've been reading awhile and appreciate most input and information I have read. I plan to order a black Shelby GT. Which is why I started posting tonight....

Amy,

I have been talking with the General Manager of a large dealer here in Southern California. As of Tuesday morning he told me that Ford is not accepting orders and we can't order the car yet. I have no reason to doubt you or him but I am confused and very anxious.

Second, I understand the Shelby options (super charger, brakes, hood, etc.) aren't quite approved yet for ordering. If that is the case, can a car be ordered to be built by Ford before the options are available and then the order be modified later?

Amy,

I placed a deposit back in Aug when the GT was first announced and am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to place my order. My dealer has been in almost daily contact with the Cincinnati zone office in attempt to find out when the order line will be opened, but they have not been able to give a definitive answer.....only "soon". This is contrary to your reply that the order line was opened on Nov 10. Would you please clarify your reply and share any additional info that you may have on ordering, opton availability & pricing?

Thanks.

To All:

Amy,

thanks, I believe the ordering is open, The options are not finalized yet, and some things like a supercharger will have to be done afterwards or with a shelby las vegas delivery and piickup. I believe the price being quoted will be around 35K.

aMY

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Nov 22 2006, 02:59 PM) 1537[/snapback]

thanks, I believe the ordering is open, The options are not finalized yet, and some things like a supercharger will have to be done afterwards or with a shelby las vegas delivery and piickup. I believe the price being quoted will be around 35K.

aMY

Shelby delivery and pick up option with the supercharger and everything else will perfect for me. The details of how to order htat is still to come for the dealers I suppose?

Thank you Amy.

Archived