TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT to Shelby GT?

Andretti

I currently have a '06 Mustang GT. My parents had a '65 fastback when I was a kid and when I saw the Shelby GT pictures released, I realized that the hood scoop shown on it was very close to the ones that came or was installed on alot of the '65's and '66's even down to being pop rivited on the hoods.

So, how do I persue getting the hood scoop? The Ford dealerships in the area seem to have no knowledge if the scoop will be available for them to stock. Is this something that Shelby will only sell direct? Either way, when (or if) will these be available to purchase?

I might have missed it, but what are the rest of the upgrades to the "shelby gt" verses the regular gt? I read the exhaust is upgraded (how?), the cold air induction is upgraded (is the chip flashed too and if so, will this void the ford warrenty?), the side air scoops, and there is a shock piller stiffener under the hood. What else are the changes and again, how would someone go about persuing the parts to do the same upgrades personally?

Thanks for any help

Andretti

I know that most of the performance pieces are right out of the Ford Racing Parts Catalog. The hood scoop is undoubtably a Shelby part. Adding a cold air kit virtually requires a computer tune since the extra air leans out the engine.

how would someone go about persuing the parts to do the same upgrades personally?

Andretti

See: http://www.shelbyautos.com/news.asp?id=10

"Available in the first quarter of 2007, the component upgrades for 2005 and later Mustangs will be sold through Shelby Automobiles Las Vegas headquarters and a national dealer network. Interested buyers can contact Shelby Automobiles at (702) 942-7325 or visit the company's web site at www.shelbyautos.com for more info."

How about the Door Sill Plates I would really love to get some of those.

Tony, check the main page for a list of all the new parts, we will have door sill plates and other options for your mustang, the GT-H will be an option on the shelby Gt, so you can consider a shelby hood and other parts listed.

Amy

Archived