TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 new colors for the Shelby GT?

AFBLUE

This poster on TMS mentions an article in Car and Driver on the Shelby GT

Colors will be black and white with silver stripes. They also mention the possibility of two other colors.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...760&postcount=1

Can anyone in the know shed any light on this? Like is it true, and what are the 2 new colors?

No official announcements yet. My guess for one of these would be some kind of dark blue. Alloy or Tungsten would be one of my personal favorites...

Good to see you around still Crispy! I hope we can get this one without too much pain like the GT500 has been. I gave up on it. Dealerships are still calling me offering the "great deal" of only 10K over MSRP! Wow....what a steal. <_<

Nice to see you too, Milstang! Same story, different state. I flat out refuse to do business with these folks on the basis that they broke their word. If they had not promised, I would not hold this ADM thing against them. But, since they did...I won't buy from them. I managed to eloquently (read "no swears") let them know that Myself, my family, and my friends & associates will take our business elsewhere. I just hope that I can find someone who is not out to fleece me this time.

I'm not bitter, I just won't forget who is good for their word.

Do you have any favorites? I think Alloy would look both cruel and unusual (in a good way)!!! Think I will start a poll... ;)

Nice to see you too, Milstang! Same story, different state. I flat out refuse to do business with these folks on the basis that they broke their word. If they had not promised, I would not hold this ADM thing against them. But, since they did...I won't buy from them. I managed to eloquently (read "no swears") let them know that Myself, my family, and my friends & associates will take our business elsewhere. I just hope that I can find someone who is not out to fleece me this time.

I'm not bitter, I just won't forget who is good for their word.

Do you have any favorites? I think Alloy would look both cruel and unusual (in a good way)!!! Think I will start a poll... ;)

I like the alloy as well but it is always basic black for me so I have almost the exact car I wanted from the start.

:)

IF... the Shelby GT were to be offered in additional colors besides black and White, I believe Vista Blue and Redfire Metallic would be the colors. This is based on California Special stock colors and the probable installation of the front bumper in Flatrock instead of in Las Vegas. Other colors would mean extra cost to paint at the Shelby facility. It makes sense to me that it would be done this way but it is all speculation on my part.

Any other options that could be installed at the factory would also lower Shelby manufacturing costs and could make available most of the GT options that are available now such as: Two-tone seats, comfort package, satellite radio, Shaker 500 and 1000 radio, side airbags, rear spoiler, etc

Torch Red with silver stripes would be my choice but I don't think it is even a remote possibility. I also think the 2 additional colors rumor will not happen as AMYB was pretty adamant in some of the other threads that Black and White would be the only choices.

Mark

IF... the Shelby GT were to be offered in additional colors besides black and White, I believe Vista Blue and Redfire Metallic would be the colors. This is based on California Special stock colors and the probable installation of the front bumper in Flatrock instead of in Las Vegas. Other colors would mean extra cost to paint at the Shelby facility. It makes sense to me that it would be done this way but it is all speculation on my part. Mark

Absolutely correct...unless they introduce new colors for the CS. It would have to be on the color pallette for the CS to be produced for the Shelby-GT...

I agree with your assessment that based on the GT/CS they would go with Vista Blue and Redfire.

However, based on the prototype pix of the Performance White Shelby GT, there will be additional painting required at the Shelby facility. Unlike the white GT/CS, the prototype Shelby GT has an all-white front spoiler (GT/CS has a black front spoiler).

I agree with your assessment that based on the GT/CS they would go with Vista Blue and Redfire.

However, based on the prototype pix of the Performance White Shelby GT, there will be additional painting required at the Shelby facility. Unlike the white GT/CS, the prototype Shelby GT has an all-white front spoiler (GT/CS has a black front spoiler).

You are absolutely correct. The center section of the front spoiler for all of the GT/CS cars is black but I believe that that small piece may be able to be painted with the bumper assy on the car.

Here's a closeup of a Redfire GT/CS spoiler.

Put this thread to bed!

See original post by AMYB at

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...indpost&p=48114

"The colors are the colors, black and silver and white and silver. We will make between up to 10K, we are working on options like the supercharger the Gt-H hood, upgraded exhaust, etc. I will absolutely update you guys as i know more, do come see me at the ford booth at SEMA, we have some new stuff to show

Amy"

Archived