TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Repro parts

glhs444

I'm just trying to get some info about some possible parts for the Shelby Dodge era automobiles.

During 2003 I had the chance to talk to Mr. Shelby about his GLHS Omni, and he stated that he was working on a 16V head for the GLHS since he had to have the one on his GLHS replaced and would be releasing it to the Shelby Dodge group.

Is there any chance that anyone here has at least a rumor if this project is continuing or has been shelved due to the re-issue of the GT 500 Mustang?

Is there ANY reproduction parts for the Shelby Dodge era being considered for build?

The Shelby Dodge community would like to know.............

Dan

• 1 year later...

Will Shelby Automobiles ever produce anything for the 80's era cars?

Can anyone with in Shelby Automobiles let us know if there is even any rumors milling around about it?

Or are we on our own to come up with these products?

I'd settle for just a repop'd Shelby / Mobil 1 decal right now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All, If carroll is working on this, it is probably thru his engine company.

I will try to find out some info

Thanks Amy, there are alot of folks that would love to hear the the answer we want, if you know what i mean ;-)

Is the engine company the same one he is using to build the 427 engines?

Carroll has several back up Hans Hermann heads for his 1986 GLHS besides the other HH heads out in our community.

What everyone fails to realize is that Carrolls GLHS is made up of more than just the HH head. You have to add in camshafts, valves/springs, intake manifold exhaust manifold, turbocharger, fuel injectors/rail, wiring harness modifications, logic module (computer) among many other smaller items.

For a "kit" to be made my best guess is that its selling price would be between $10,000 to $15,000 which most people know the Shelby Dodge folks wont or can't buy at that price.

There was a reason the HH head was never made into a "kit" back in the day and besides emissions I'm pretty sure it was the cost that kept it from ever being anything more than a prototype induction system.

Steve

It is my understanding that Hans Herman worked for Volkswagen. So the valvetrain parts (cams, valves, springs) were readily available Volkswagen parts.

I would be happy with any reproduction 16 valve system. The Maserati/Cosworth system is nearly equal in flow numbers to the Hans Herman set up. A redesigned Lotus setup with better matched components would also be good.

No matter how it would be accomplished, the price tag would be very high.

robin

For a "kit" to be made my best guess is that its selling price would be between $10,000 to $15,000 which most people know the Shelby Dodge folks wont or can't buy at that price.

There was a reason the HH head was never made into a "kit" back in the day and besides emissions I'm pretty sure it was the cost that kept it from ever being anything more than a prototype induction system.

Steve

You won't get an argument from me on that one Steve.... :lol:

I realize that there are far too many factors to pull in other than just a HH head to make this work, however, some of us SD guys maybe willing to part with such sums to get a true Shelby issued performance upgrade for their numbered car.

I have given in to the fact we will most likely never see the 16V head upgrade, but some repro parts like the Shelby valve cover or dare I say Shelby stamped Centurian (sp) wheels would be a VERY welcomed site to see.

Hmm, a set of Fiberride GLHS wheels sounds pretty cool to me also :rolleyes:

You won't get an argument from me on that one Steve.... :lol:

I realize that there are far too many factors to pull in other than just a HH head to make this work, however, some of us SD guys maybe willing to part with such sums to get a true Shelby issued performance upgrade for their numbered car.

I have given in to the fact we will most likely never see the 16V head upgrade, but some repro parts like the Shelby valve cover or dare I say Shelby stamped Centurian (sp) wheels would be a VERY welcomed site to see.

Hmm, a set of Fiberride GLHS wheels sounds pretty cool to me also :rolleyes:

I hear you and trust me the idea has been looked into more than once over the years but the demand just isn't there......yet?

With Carrolls current vision that is being spearheaded by Amy with the help of others for all of his "creations" to be under one banner may just possibly create some additional interest about the easily overlooked Chrysler cars. With more interest comes more demand and you know what happpens when the demand goes up :)

Steve

• 2 months later...
I hear you and trust me the idea has been looked into more than once over the years but the demand just isn't there......yet?

With Carrolls current vision that is being spearheaded by Amy with the help of others for all of his "creations" to be under one banner may just possibly create some additional interest about the easily overlooked Chrysler cars. With more interest comes more demand and you know what happpens when the demand goes up :)

Steve

There is more than they see. Most of the SD people are back east, yet for the 20 year reunion the Shelby group thought about 4-5 people would show and 150 showed? So people drove from Florida like Rick D to sit in a parking lot for an hour, thats about all that happened. I was taking the kids to D land in the GLHS anyway so it didn't matter as much. I drove the GLHS 3,700 miles that week with my 3 boys to D land and Sea world.

Still a few things like floor mats and valve covers and posters. Little stuff at first. The valve covers go for $300 on Ebay if they are the last type with the O ring gasket off the 89 CSX. I got $520 for my Shelby Dakota headers from Mopar lol. I have 3 numbered cars and have added over $10,000 just to my 86', there are more people doing more with them now days.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree, start with the small things first like the decals, stickers and accessories and see where it goes. Please support the Shelby Dodge Community!

positive impressions has been making all new decals in vinyle for the Dodge Shelbys for years. But other items aren't being made. I would love to buy a roll of fabric the same as the Shelby Dakota and CSX had. Repairing old Recaros and doing custom interiors. Thats a small one that would be nice too. Much has his name on it and requires the Shelby group to OK it or sell it, which makes it harder to get stuff.

Archived