TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ANOTHER 1ST OF THE MONTH AND NO PARTS

boggs47

Boggs47,

What do you have ordered and where did you order it? Hoods left yesterday and parts have been being delivered for two weeks now. Call me on tuesday and ill help you sort this out.

I have been monitoring this forum for months, many months, and every week I read the same thing, Hoods left yesterday, call me and we will straighten things out. Well see yah in 2007, or 2008?

I am real sorry, but I am so disappointed with the whole Shelby experience that when my stuff comes in, ( ordered on March 24, the order said 4 to 8 weeks for delivery, I quess it meant MONTHS, not weeks) I will get it installed and dump the car as soon as I can and put my order in for the new Camaro. ( sorry Hillbanks) Summer is gone and time is up. If it wasn't for that I got some mats and the wheels, and some other stuff I would get rid of it now.

I thought placing my order and paying the deposite would make things happen. Is that not the way it is suppose to work?

:D My stuff came yesterday and will be painted and installed next week. I only got the hood and hood pins. I should have some pictures up the week of the 25 after I get back from vacation. The installer said the quality of the hood was great. Only thing he mentioned is that the hood needed some clean up and couple coats of base. I am not sure when you placed your order, but I ordered it a day or two after it was up. God knows that I wanted this back in June, but it seems like its worth it! Thanks Jason!

:D My stuff came yesterday and will be painted and installed next week. I only got the hood and hood pins. I should have some pictures up the week of the 25 after I get back from vacation. The installer said the quality of the hood was great. Only thing he mentioned is that the hood needed some clean up and couple coats of base. I am not sure when you placed your order, but I ordered it a day or two after it was up. God knows that I wanted this back in June, but it seems like its worth it! Thanks Jason!

Great to hear you got some of you stuff. I just have a question, did the installer mention if he had to modify the hood at all to give it ta better fit (sand,drill,ect)? Im looking forward to seeing the pics...

Thanks

Great to hear you got some of you stuff. I just have a question, did the installer mention if he had to modify the hood at all to give it ta better fit (sand,drill,ect)? Im looking forward to seeing the pics...

Thanks

They have not got to that point yet. The only thing he said was that it was going to take a couple coats of base with sanding in between because the surface finish. We had both thought that the hood would be like a facorty hood since they are mass producing for the GTH and Shelby GT and would be a quick paint, but its not. But he said all aftermarket fiberglass hoods are like that. I saw the hood last night and the quality looked awsome, but I am not mechanically inclined so who am I to say. I can only go on my personal opinnion. However, the guy said that the quality was the best he has ever seen for an aftermarket hood.

They have not got to that point yet. The only thing he said was that it was going to take a couple coats of base with sanding in between because the surface finish. We had both thought that the hood would be like a facorty hood since they are mass producing for the GTH and Shelby GT and would be a quick paint, but its not. But he said all aftermarket fiberglass hoods are like that. I saw the hood last night and the quality looked awsome, but I am not mechanically inclined so who am I to say. I can only go on my personal opinnion. However, the guy said that the quality was the best he has ever seen for an aftermarket hood.

Ok, thanks! Again Im looking forward to the pics.

Archived