TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hillbank cs6 parts on ebay?????

06ponygirl

06Ponygirl,

Im sorry you dont agree with our method of selling. I will tell you this, we have not compromised the parts one bit by selling them not even one dollar cheaper than MSRP. This is clearly another avenue to advertise the parts worldwide.

This isnt an idea and its finally hapening. I know there has been some delays from Shelby's quality control dept, but parts have been shipped and their perfect. I know you dont have an order placed with us, so where is your order at?

If theres anything I can do to help you, please give me a call.

What are cs6 parts from Hillbank doin on ebay. In my opinion that cheapens this whole idea. Which is what the cs6 parts are starting to look like just an "IDEA". Has anyone gotten anything for cs6 parts yet? I'm impatient I know but this whole process is leaving me worried!!!

:lol: I am personally glad that Hillbanks is selling cs6 parts on ebay. Made it easy to empty my paypal account.

What are cs6 parts from Hillbank doin on ebay. In my opinion that cheapens this whole idea. Which is what the cs6 parts are starting to look like just an "IDEA". Has anyone gotten anything for cs6 parts yet? I'm impatient I know but this whole process is leaving me worried!!!

I am with you Ponygirl, I ordered my parts on March 24 from Shelby, and I have not heard BOO, I am looking at Roush and some of the other aftermarket makers, they will probably get something to me before the end of the year.

• 1 month later...

Bad idea selling something on eBay you don't have in stock especially when you say you have 9 or more to sell listed in current auctions.

I have been waiting since Sep-08-06 for my SHELBY CS6 ENTHUSIAST RACING HOOD GRILLE 05+ MUSTANG and SHELBY CS6 ENTHUSIAST KIT RACING HOOD PINS 05+ MUSTANG items.

Current auction list 10 for purchase on the hood pins and the same for the hood grills.

Come on guys fill your orders before selling more items.

Rob

We Purchased some parts from hillbank on ebay as far back as Aug 15 06. and have not received any items to date. The auctions states ( NOTE: Some items are not currently available, Shelby is shipping them as fast as they can to fullfill outstanding orders already placed) We have kept in touch with hillbanks and they Have been good to let us know where we stand and that they are filling backorders in order that they where received. And understand that you wont get these new shelby parts any faster anywhere else. anyway hope we all get our parts soon..

The auctions states ( NOTE: Some items are not currently available, Shelby is shipping them as fast as they can to fullfill outstanding orders already placed)

I do understand that and I have been an eBay seller for 4 years and even if something I offer is back ordered I keep in touch with my buyers and I don't keep re-listing items I know won't be in stock for at least 2-3 weeks.

As for getting CS6 parts faster I had my hood in hand, painted and installed the 2nd week of August, it came directly Shelby.

I still want the parts and need them to complete my car and I don’t mind waiting a reasonable time to get the parts. I also know I will eventually get them but enough is enough.

As a business owner and eBayer I know you should be very cautious when selling something you don’t have especially if you have no idea when you will get the parts, at the very least don’t list multiple quantities available if they are not available. eBay is not full of patient or understanding buyers.

Sorry for the rant and I mean no disrespect to HillBank Motorsports, sometimes you just have to say what’s on your mind.

Rob

Jason, if I were you, I would not be using eBay to sell items I can't immediately ship. I've been on eBay for a few years and can attest that this can get you a really bad reputation very rapidly. And since you are using the Hillbank name you won't be able to just change your name like a lot of the bad sellers do.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Gals N Guys,

You have some valid points. As you all know there have been some unforeseen delays that Shelby hadn't expected. Mainly just getting the parts right the first time.

But, again the reason for this strategy is world-wide exposure. This form of advertising has done well for letting the people around the world know about the CS6. And I’ll tell you it’s worked great. We have orders from all over the world. Because of this ad I am meeting with a Japanese exporter next week at SEMA because he came across the ad on EBAY. He wants to build these and sell them to the Japanese buyers! HOW COOL IS THAT?? For those of you who didn’t know, the Japanese LOVE American cars and worship SHELBY for the All-American idol he is.

Back on topic. We carefully and very clearly did not misrepresent actually having everything as you will notice the disclaimer at the top of our eBay postings, not hidden in small print. I understand the theory that eBay represents but this is merely a pre-order status for some of the parts that aren’t still ready today and a way to lock in a way to reserve them as to do become available, not an uncommon practice. I hope this more clearly explains things, and at the very least.....LOL....it’s a way for some to spend their paypal accounts.

Rob, we have the grilles but haven’t received the letter backing plates yet to complete the grilles. We won’t send a part unless it’s complete. On the hood pins, we've gotten some and sent them in order they were purchased. But Shelby is b/o due to they are using them on the CS6, the Shelby GT, and the Hertz cars. So they can’t make them fast enough.

Going forward, as many of you know I am very adament about customer service and getting things done. But I cannot call each customer and properly keep them updated like I should with the rush. But I have insisted that people either call me or even better email me and you WILL get a response....that I promise.

Gals N Guys,

But, again the reason for this strategy is world-wide exposure. This form of advertising has done well for letting the people around the world know about the CS6. And I’ll tell you it’s worked great. We have orders from all over the world. Because of this ad I am meeting with a Japanese exporter next week at SEMA because he came across the ad on EBAY. He wants to build these and sell them to the Japanese buyers! HOW COOL IS THAT?? For those of you who didn’t know, the Japanese LOVE American cars and worship SHELBY for the All-American idol he is.

You're right, that is cool!

Gals N Guys,

You have some valid points. As you all know there have been some unforeseen delays that Shelby hadn't expected. Mainly just getting the parts right the first time.

But, again the reason for this strategy is world-wide exposure. This form of advertising has done well for letting the people around the world know about the CS6. And I’ll tell you it’s worked great. We have orders from all over the world. Because of this ad I am meeting with a Japanese exporter next week at SEMA because he came across the ad on EBAY. He wants to build these and sell them to the Japanese buyers! HOW COOL IS THAT??

That is VERY cool about going world wide but............

Kind of like asking for money to feed all the hungry children in Africa when we cant even take care of all the starving, homeless kids here in the US.

I do understand about delays in manufacturing as I have been involved in manufacturing for the last 25 years so I am done ranting, I'll go and sit quietly in the corner until my parts come in.

Rob

Jason, I too agree, you must take care of all the people here first before we sell to Japan.

sory for the delay all, we wanted everything to be just right, we have some manufacturing issues, but it sems we are all good now

aMY

• 4 weeks later...

Rob,

If you have a question about your order, you can call me or even email me. With the hundereds of people waiting for this or that, we cannot call or contact everyone as parts continue to come in. As for the two parts you are waiting on, we are waiting for them to finish making more. Again, I still have neither. If you want, a chrome version of the hood pins are available. Let me know if you want those instead.

Archived