TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby or clone?

shelbycs6member

Hi Everyone,

I am a new members of this fourm. Me my wife and son love the Shelby CS6 and this site, :D

So much that we purchased an 05 Mustang Premium V6 and are really excited to make it a Shelby CS6. But we cannot afford the whole kit at once. We have purchased the grille, side scoops, rear deck letters, and Shelby Razor 20 inch wheels, We plan on purchasing the hood, front fascia, hood grille,and lights this week. then the Paxton in a month or two when our Mustang hits 36,000 miles (so it doesnt void the warranty). Anyway is it true that the only way to dash plaque this car and make it "a real Shelby" <_< is to buy the total kit at once? We can't afford the total kit at once. We plan on finishing it by next summer and needed to know what you all think about making something that it is not?

Thanks Everyone,

Dave

With it being up to individual owners to build the CS6, I think it will be hard to call it a "real" Shelby. I feel build quality will be variable amongst the different installers.

However, the whole reason behind the CS6 is to allow you to get "real" Shelby styling and performance as best suits your budget. I have no problems with that concept.

robin

Well Robin is somewhat correct. I will try to have the regulations up this week but they're are 3 stages that can be in the "Shelby Authorized Independant Enthusiast Registry" which with only getting to Stage I gets you a certificate of purchase from Shelby and the ellegibility to be in the registry after the owner has completed the process. For more information check our website www.hillbankmotorsports.com . The rules should be in in the next few days.

But building your car in stages at your own pace is what this is all about.

Congrats!

Well Robin is somewhat correct. I will try to have the regulations up this week but they're are 3 stages that can be in the "Shelby Authorized Independant Enthusiast Registry" which with only getting to Stage I gets you a certificate of purchase from Shelby and the ellegibility to be in the registry after the owner has completed the process. For more information check our website www.hillbankmotorsports.com . The rules should be in in the next few days.

But building your car in stages at your own pace is what this is all about.

Congrats!

Thanks Robin and Jason for your input, Please let me know when the rules are in. Thanks again,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived