TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 front fascia

GTS6

Oh be nice guys. I know they just fixed the last of the fittment issue's making it a flawless fit. We should see the front fascia's coming to us in the next few weeks, seriously!

Keep in mind Amy wants these flawless and that is what you come to expect from Shelby.

Thanks!

Im being patient, I really respect the fact that things will be perfect, thats why i chose Shelby products. Perfection since the very beginning!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im getting disappointed now myself, Im a very patient guy but months and months guys? Come on! everybody blames it on the vendor, I say find a better vendor. I have no complaints about Jason at Hillbank, he has helped me out but I ordered a Predator tuner that is taking plenty of time to get here, thats not a new custom part. If it isnt here or shipped by mid next week, I dont want it.

Im getting disappointed now myself, Im a very patient guy but months and months guys? Come on! everybody blames it on the vendor, I say find a better vendor. I have no complaints about Jason at Hillbank, he has helped me out but I ordered a Predator tuner that is taking plenty of time to get here, thats not a new custom part. If it isnt here or shipped by mid next week, I dont want it.

I cancelled the front facia last week when my hood came in damaged and I decided to throw in the towel ( I surrender) now I want to see how long it will take before I get my deposite back.

Hey, I try! But with all the Shelby craze its been rough!

Hey guys, we have 10 pallets of more Shelby stuff that arrived last thursday! So more stuff on the loose.

Any word on how the fitting of the front fascia went last week? Hopefully it went well and we all can have an idea of when to expect ours. Does anybody know if there will be problems fitting the pony package grille into the CS6 front fascia?

Hey Guys,

I spoke to Dale and the SRT Coronado Speed Fest this past weekend and he said they were supposed to be getting another version to approve this weekend. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

Do you mean another version of the fascia to work with the pony package or another attempt to get the original one right?

We are working to get the CS6 fascia problems corrected before we start shipping them out. We want you to be happy with your Shelby parts and for you to get the quality you expect from Shelby Automobiles.

Does that mean we should be expecting them soon? Also, for those of us that ordered from Shelby, what can we expect for shipping costs? Hillbank is $60 but the quote Ted gave me was much higher. I hope the shipping cost from Shelby will be comparative to Hillbank, we have waited too long to take it in the shorts on shipping. Any information is greatly appreciated.

GTS6,

Our shipping cost may be less, but you payed alot less too. So expect Shelby to ship for their cost to cover the expense. Ill tell you this, it cost us alot more than we charge to ship it. But again, when Shelby initially priced the parts, they were below cost. So for the fortunate ones who got a "DEAL" expect to pay the fair shipping charges. Hope this clairify's everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Vegas this last week and got the chance to tour the Shelby museum and take the tour. To say the least, I was impressed!! I saw the black prototype CS6, it was amazing. I was hoping to see the GT-H but it had just left that morning. My wife and I thouroughly enjoyed the tour. I was so caught up in the nostalgia and the beauty of the original cars on display, I forgot to buy a hat and shirt. Fortunately on the day we left Vegas, my wife told me to stop back the museum on the way out to get a hat and shirt. We went back and took another look at the cars on display and I bought a hat. As I was checking out, I asked "which one is Ted?" Ted happened to be standing right there. I introduced myself and asked about the front fascias. Ted told me that mine was actually sitting on the loading dock waiting shipping! I was so excited! If I could have fit it in my Mustang, Id have taken it home right there. Ted then told me that he was building a CS6 of his own and that he has done all the performance modifications but was still waiting on the Fascias and body parts. Ted asked my wife and I if we would like to see his car, and he pulled it around the front of the building to the parking lot. I thought it was awesome to see a Shelby prototype car before it was completed. I was fortunate enough to get some pictures of Ted's car and also pictures of my Mustang at the Shelby Museum beside a CS6 prototype! To top off Our experience at the Shelby museum, A very clean GT-H pulled up just before we left, I GOT PICTURES :)

I am very excited about building my CS6 and seeing the cars in Vegas also worked to get my wife excited about our build. MY fascia is on the way and the paint shop is ready for its arrival.

I just got home from my vegas vacation less than an hour ago, but hopefully I will post some of my pics soon.

I also think my build might even go further than i had planned.

Going further is what it is all about.

Just a FYI guys, the Shelby Musuem is completely free and well worth the drive. If you are in the Southern Nevada area, you have to stop by. Call for hours, but they even give you a tour of the whole facility, its amazing. I take the tour everytime im out there!

There # is 702-942-7325, call for details and current hours.

Hopefully this gets seen under this thread. I love the CS6 package and I have been dealing with Jason for the CS6 Hood. I have an 06 GT (toying with the idea of my own CS8) and would love to go with the CS6 facia but I love my grill fogs to much at the moment to lose them. It looks like there are a few options I could do to keep my fogs with a V6 aftermarket grill which is great but I just thought of something else that may pose a problem. My car has a Roushcharger on it and the intercooler is mounted down behind the front facia. Anyone have any idea if the CS6 Facia will fit with aftermarket chargers such as the Roushcharger?

Thanks.

It doesnt matter you will never get a front fascia anyway! Some of us have been waiting since April. i ordered mine from Tampa Bay shelby in florida and still dont have it. :(

Do let me know what they say. we have them, so if they don;'t let me know why. We are in full production now

Amy

Hopefully this gets seen under this thread. I love the CS6 package and I have been dealing with Jason for the CS6 Hood. I have an 06 GT (toying with the idea of my own CS8) and would love to go with the CS6 fascia but I love my grill fogs to much at the moment to lose them. It looks like there are a few options I could do to keep my fogs with a V6 aftermarket grill which is great but I just thought of something else that may pose a problem. My car has a Roushcharger on it and the intercooler is mounted down behind the front fascia. Anyone have any idea if the CS6 Fascia will fit with aftermarket chargers such as the Roushcharger?

Thanks.

GPStang06, The CS6 fascia should easily fit your GT and your existing intercooler shouldn't have a problem either since I believe the CS6 intercooler mounts in the same location (verify this with Jason at Hillbank).

Regarding the grill. I think you should be able to fit the GT grille to the CS6 fascia, but you really need to check with Jason at Hillbank to be sure, or you might call Shelby in Las Vegas and check with Ted. Since Shelby just got done building the GT-Hs and is probably still working on the 07 Shelby GTs, Ted would most likely be the one to have first hand knowledge as to whether or not you could fit the GT grille to the CS6 fascia and probably the intercooler question too.

GPStang06, The CS6 fascia should easily fit your GT and your existing intercooler shouldn't have a problem either since I believe the CS6 intercooler mounts in the same location (verify this with Jason at Hillbank).

Regarding the grill. I think you should be able to fit the GT grille to the CS6 fascia, but you really need to check with Jason at Hillbank to be sure, or you might call Shelby in Las Vegas and check with Ted. Since Shelby just got done building the GT-Hs and is probably still working on the 07 Shelby GTs, Ted would most likely be the one to have first hand knowledge as to whether or not you could fit the GT grille to the CS6 fascia and probably the intercooler question too.

Thanks Pyrat. After I made this post I went and studied the install instructions on the Roushcharger and the intercooler installs behind the front bumper (the actual bumper) I think LOL. If so I think you are right and any facia should work but I will verify.

And to the guy above, I would suggest doing what Amy suggested. I ordered a hood from Hillbank and I will admit, it has been less then perfect but I am a patient and fair person. Lets face it, who could have predicted the Shelby craze exploding like it has, not to mention, couldn't you have canceled your order by now if you are that mad? So far everything that Jason from Hillbank told me (from phone and email) has been spot on. The only thing I felt was wrong was it "appeared" my CC was charged before the hood actually shipped. There was an issue with the shipping company apparently and Hillbank did not hide that, they re-shipped another hood that day and it is here in Florida (just not to my door yet). Hillbank gave me all the info for the shipping company so I have been riding their (the shipping comany) a$$es making sure they don't screw up again.

Waiting since April is a long time but I could be wrong but from what I have seen from Shelby through that time is they have been honest about what has happened. I personally wouldn't be thrilled with the wait but I would rather the products be perfect that rushed. I guess I don't see the reason to flame them when there are other avenues to take. Then again, hats off to Shelby to allow you to post your complaints :).

Archived