TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't fear the Gear!

Rick99gt

I am excited on this new shelby. I am currently talking with local dealers to get in line and pray to God to get one for msrp if its not to more then 32k. Back to the subject I understand this will have a little more hp compared to a basic gt. Could you offer 410 gears for 5spd. I think this would go great with the drag package. If you can't give us aggresive hp with the shelby name give us aggressive gears and sticky tires.

thanks

Rick C

Could you offer 410 gears for 5spd. I think this would go great with the drag package. If you can't give us aggresive hp with the shelby name give us aggressive gears and sticky tires.

thanks

Rick C

I feel the same way.

Another great Ford Racing product that would compliment the Shelby-GT would be the Whipple supercharger. If this would become available on the Shelby-GT I think it would stir up ALOT of interest for the fence-sitters!

Tim

Well it's not like you can't customize the car yourself after you buy it. Just save the originals to return it to stock some day. The first thing I would do, almost immediately, is buy a CS6 hood for it, and just hang up the original hood in the garage. I really can't stand fake hoodscoops. :)

Next up, you can easily add any centrifugal supercharger which will retain the stock look for the most part in the engine bay. The 4.6 3V powertrain will easily handle up to 450 hp. Given the light weight, you would have fun putting GT500s to shame....for about 2/3 the price. ;-) Now that would be a very good feeling.

Well it's not like you can't customize the car yourself after you buy it. Just save the originals to return it to stock some day. The first thing I would do, almost immediately, is buy a CS6 hood for it, and just hang up the original hood in the garage. I really can't stand fake hoodscoops. :)

Next up, you can easily add any centrifugal supercharger which will retain the stock look for the most part in the engine bay. The 4.6 3V powertrain will easily handle up to 450 hp. Given the light weight, you would have fun putting GT500s to shame....for about 2/3 the price. ;-) Now that would be a very good feeling.

I don't know if it will be putting them to shame, but it will put up a fight to a stock one. When you see the gt 500 ending up in the right hands you we will start seeing them with additional 100hp with basic mods in no time. But a Paxton would be a great choice for this Shelby gt.

I don't know if everything is final on the Shelby gt but looking at many mustang forums the request on this car is across the board. 90% of the people want to see it with just a bit more power then 325. I assume they wanted to see the feedback on potential buyers and it seems they have answered. Now will Team Shelby answer?

I don't know if it will be putting them to shame, but it will put up a fight to a stock one. When you see the gt 500 ending up in the right hands you we will start seeing them with additional 100hp with basic mods in no time. But a Paxton would be a great choice for this Shelby gt.

I don't know if everything is final on the Shelby gt but looking at many mustang forums the request on this car is across the board. 90% of the people want to see it with just a bit more power then 325. I assume they wanted to see the feedback on potential buyers and it seems they have answered. Now will Team Shelby answer?

All I can say right now is that we are finalizing the parts. On HP, we could add more, but what will that cost and will more want more, or will the majority want the 325HP and the ability to make the upgrade later.

We'll see how it goes

Amy

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Aug 16 2006, 05:33 PM) 709[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

All I can say right now is that we are finalizing the parts. On HP, we could add more, but what will that cost and will more want more, or will the majority want the 325HP and the ability to make the upgrade later.

We'll see how it goes

Amy

This is true, but adding more goodies to a car like this on your own might tarnish it being collectable in the years to come. It will no longer be stock. If you were to add just few more goodies it would be stock and hold up better with what the majority has asking for on the forums. I understand this will reflect the price but another 25hp would be all it would take to make a lot of people smile. On the price going up, it really is not going to matter once the dealers get there hands on these cars. It will no longer be geared for the majority you are shooting for. I want to thank you for taking the time to respond. I can only hope I can be one of the few to get it for msrp & join your owner forums. Worse case if not i will hold on to my 99gt for few more years and look fwd to the boss. All I want to say to sum it up as a potential buyer, if I was to line up on the side of a 05-007 stock gt it best not be dog fight to the end with equal drivers.

thanks again

Rick C

a.k.a just a pee on....

This is true, but adding more goodies to a car like this on your own might tarnish it being collectable in the years to come. It will no longer be stock.

That isn't a big deal at all. Just hang onto the original parts, easy to restore it back to stock.

If you were to add just few more goodies it would be stock and hold up better with what the majority has asking for on the forums. I understand this will reflect the price but another 25hp would be all it would take to make a lot of people smile.

I think the Shelby name is worth more than 25 hp to most enthusiasts. :) But out of curiosity, what would you recommend doing to add another 25 hp? It's not as easy as that. You get cold air intake, mufflers, and x-pipe with it, and with a tune that bumps it to 320. Your only "bolt-on" options then are headers and a more aggressive racing tune, which still won't get you up to 350 without going to 93 octane. So, what you are asking isn't easy to do.

On the price going up, it really is not going to matter once the dealers get there hands on these cars. It will no longer be geared for the majority you are shooting for.

My theory (for what it's worth) is that the market will be sufficiently saturated so that prices will start to come down next spring. If you're willing to spend 35k, I think you'll be able to get one. Add fees & taxes, though, and you're up to about 40k. The GT500 should be in the high 40s by next spring, which means it's a 50k car after fees & taxes. The S-GT probably won't be marketable at much more than that. So, I honestly believe you'll be able to get one for under 40k next spring. just don't count on "low 30s".

A paxton with the Shelby Automotive badging would look friggincool under the hood. :) Get the intercooled version, along with new cams and other mods, and you can do 450+ hp with a 4.6 3V. I think the weight would make a huge difference. It would be a fun contest.

That isn't a big deal at all. Just hang onto the original parts, easy to restore it back to stock.

I think the Shelby name is worth more than 25 hp to most enthusiasts. :) But out of curiosity, what would you recommend doing to add another 25 hp? It's not as easy as that. You get cold air intake, mufflers, and x-pipe with it, and with a tune that bumps it to 320. Your only "bolt-on" options then are headers and a more aggressive racing tune, which still won't get you up to 350 without going to 93 octane. So, what you are asking isn't easy to do.

My theory (for what it's worth) is that the market will be sufficiently saturated so that prices will start to come down next spring. If you're willing to spend 35k, I think you'll be able to get one. Add fees & taxes, though, and you're up to about 40k. The GT500 should be in the high 40s by next spring, which means it's a 50k car after fees & taxes. The S-GT probably won't be marketable at much more than that. So, I honestly believe you'll be able to get one for under 40k next spring. just don't count on "low 30s".

A paxton with the Shelby Automotive badging would look friggincool under the hood. :) Get the intercooled version, along with new cams and other mods, and you can do 450+ hp with a 4.6 3V. I think the weight would make a huge difference. It would be a fun contest.

I agree another 25 crank hp might be tuff. Maybe a mild cam and headders might do the trick. They could take advantage of the 3v. I don't know if it would be little easier to get more hp then I was able to gain from my 2v. I know with my 2v with bolt ons with out touching timing only air fuel on 87, I was able to take it from 231 to 259 hp sae. This was done with underdrive pulleys, full exhauast, cold air intake w/ s&b filter. This works out to 35 crank hp. Granted To get 25 more crank looking at 21 rear wheel hp. I guess getting more hp might be asking a lot, but its enjoyable talking it up. It comes back to what I org started this thread. If they can't give us more h.p. how about some 410s and sticky tires will do the trick with the right driver.

About the price I think 32k for 5spd and 33k for auto sounds about right. I did find a new motor trend mag right up on the hertz and it had the price if it was sold to public would be 32k. Now keep in mind that is a auto and does not have 18 inch rims.

We will just have to keep our fingers crossed that it come out at the good price. We will also hope to find a dealer ship that will be willing to sell them at msrp.

I agree another 25 crank hp might be tuff. Maybe a mild cam and headders might do the trick. They could take advantage of the 3v. I don't know if it would be little easier to get more hp then I was able to gain from my 2v. I know with my 2v with bolt ons with out touching timing only air fuel on 87, I was able to take it from 231 to 259 hp sae. This was done with underdrive pulleys, full exhauast, cold air intake w/ s&b filter. This works out to 35 crank hp. Granted To get 25 more crank looking at 21 rear wheel hp. I guess getting more hp might be asking a lot, but its enjoyable talking it up. It comes back to what I org started this thread. If they can't give us more h.p. how about some 410s and sticky tires will do the trick with the right driver.

Keep in mind for Shelby to bump the hp, they are limited to external parts and nothing that threatens the warranty, 50 state accreditation or the consumer's use. Ford Racing makes shorty headers but I don't know if they are 50 state. A cam shaft is out as it would require a special engine run at Ford. Underdrive pulleys are out as someone would hang a 2000watt sound system on it and hook up their barbacue grill and then complain that the battery was draining. Actually, it might even struggle with the shaker1000 and Ford is not going for that at all (remember Ford has to take into account people who don't maintain their battery or electrical system and are driving it in Wisconsin in the winter). The cold air kit, exhaust and tune are already included. So there is very little Shelby can do (short of SC) to up the power much and a SC would add a few $thousand$ to the price of the car (they are not free).

Well my initial reaction was very negative, but after chatting about it on this and other threads, it should end up being a very nice car, and hopefully the "mildness" of it will contribute to a reasonable price. I am certain it will not be going for 32k, more like 35k, and 6k over a GT is not unreasonable considering the two FRPP packs, Hurst shifter, hood scoop, stripes, and custom items like the floor mats. If they do become available for MSRP at dealerships, the big decision will not be whether to buy one, but which color. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well my initial reaction was very negative, but after chatting about it on this and other threads, it should end up being a very nice car, and hopefully the "mildness" of it will contribute to a reasonable price. I am certain it will not be going for 32k, more like 35k, and 6k over a GT is not unreasonable considering the two FRPP packs, Hurst shifter, hood scoop, stripes, and custom items like the floor mats. If they do become available for MSRP at dealerships, the big decision will not be whether to buy one, but which color. :)

remember also that we will have mods down the line for our cars, so if you upgrade with Shelby authorized parts it won't hurt the value

Amy

• 4 weeks later...

What I would like to see is a factory blower option check box. And the designation GT350 for that option. How cool would that be????!!!!!

I think this car could be a greater overall road car than the '500. 400+- HP, tons 'o' torque, and just the right weight distribution to carve up the corners. Just what I need.

Now, I'll go back to pacing the floors..... :blink:

Archived