TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW SHELBY GT

68fastback

Amy, concerning making the Shelby GT in LV, can you give a rough idea of production volumes anticipated on the Shelby GT (realizing it can change of course based on a variety of things)?

I believe we stated publically, or mark fields did, it will be under 10K, we are still finalizing.

Aside from gear ratios, what do you plan to install in LasVegas? FRPP power packs (CAI/exhaust)? It would seem all of that can be done more cost effectively in Flat Rock. Or are you getting a special group option build from Ford and then doing some final fit-up in Las Vegas? It would seem crazy to be swapping rear axles again out in Las Vegas, yes? Appreciate your thoughts on this because I'm confused right now -- are these Shelby-serialed cars?

>> I think the main point to understand is that it is very hard for ford to make small runs on the line in less then a year turnaround. We are their "hit the ground running" partner. They give us advice, help with certification and are a true partner, we give them speed. we have the suspension kit, x pipe. The axels are not currently a line item, so hence we have to do it. It works ok.

I'm assuming they'll be sold through Ford dealers, or is the widespread talk that Shelby Autos cannot sell Shelbys directly under the contract with Ford inaccurate? Appreciate if you can clarify these points now that the car is anounced.

The partnership with Ford is that we will do everything with and thru them. That is why it is important to conform and comply to the regulations and systems.

Thanks Amy

----------------------------------

Amy, thanks so much for your quick and thoughtful response.

Makes much more sense in that context and leaves the door open for some special SA work in the future -- nice win-win, I think. Hope you can convince Ford to be a little less conservative than they traditionally are. With Camaro and Challenger coming Ford will need an quick-response build team to complement Hau Tai-Tang and SVT/FRPP folks for sure. Let's hope we don't need the ADM police on these cars so some working folks can afford the :)

Thanks again... -Dan

PS - with the Hurricane/385-series motor looking like it may be coming back into production, I would think SA's 427 side-oiler goodies (thru Venice CA shop) might be a real Godsend. If Ford were to serve you up a big-block MY '10 revised mustang, kicking it up into a KR or offering the parts as a kit might be a nice venture. Good luck and success to all involved as this renewed raltionship with Ford finds its sea legs -- I know everyone I talk with is excited by the possibilities.

Amy, concerning making the Shelby GT in LV, can you give a rough idea of production volumes anticipated on the Shelby GT (realizing it can change of course based on a variety of things)?

I believe we stated publically, or mark fields did, it will be under 10K, we are still finalizing.

Aside from gear ratios, what do you plan to install in LasVegas? FRPP power packs (CAI/exhaust)? It would seem all of that can be done more cost effectively in Flat Rock. Or are you getting a special group option build from Ford and then doing some final fit-up in Las Vegas? It would seem crazy to be swapping rear axles again out in Las Vegas, yes? Appreciate your thoughts on this because I'm confused right now -- are these Shelby-serialed cars?

>> I think the main point to understand is that it is very hard for ford to make small runs on the line in less then a year turnaround. We are their "hit the ground running" partner. They give us advice, help with certification and are a true partner, we give them speed. we have the suspension kit, x pipe. The axels are not currently a line item, so hence we have to do it. It works ok.

I'm assuming they'll be sold through Ford dealers, or is the widespread talk that Shelby Autos cannot sell Shelbys directly under the contract with Ford inaccurate? Appreciate if you can clarify these points now that the car is anounced.

The partnership with Ford is that we will do everything with and thru them. That is why it is important to conform and comply to the regulations and systems.

Thanks Amy

----------------------------------

Amy, thanks so much for your quick and thoughtful response.

Makes much more sense in that context and leaves the door open for some special SA work in the future -- nice win-win, I think. Hope you can convince Ford to be a little less conservative than they traditionally are. With Camaro and Challenger coming Ford will need an quick-response build team to complement Hau Tai-Tang and SVT/FRPP folks for sure. Let's hope we don't need the ADM police on these cars so some working folks can afford the :)

Thanks again... -Dan

PS - with the Hurricane/385-series motor looking like it may be coming back into production, I would think SA's 427 side-oiler goodies (thru Venice CA shop) might be a real Godsend. If Ford were to serve you up a big-block MY '10 revised mustang, kicking it up into a KR or offering the parts as a kit might be a nice venture. Good luck and success to all involved as this renewed raltionship with Ford finds its sea legs -- I know everyone I talk with is excited by the possibilities.

Thanks Dan, I appreciate all the support here and elsewhere ;)

Everything that is said on the boards is the samething we thought about here, but cost, epa, etc, all made us wonder if we should get out a car that is completely customizable and fun. We do have other cars in the works, that might be more popular with the HP crowd....lol

As an FYI, we talk to Ford, SVT and FRP all the time, so some of the things you mentioned are absoluetly a possibility. We know more soon.

thanks again and if I can ever answer anything don't hesitate to write.

Amy

PS- these are shelby serialized cars in the registry, and we are currently capable of manufacturing about 100+a week right now. I think you asked me this somewhere, but I might not have answered in all the posts.

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Aug 16 2006, 09:46 PM) 713[/snapback]

Thanks Dan, I appreciate all the support here and elsewhere ;)

Everything that is said on the boards is the samething we thought about here, but cost, epa, etc, all made us wonder if we should get out a car that is completely customizable and fun. We do have other cars in the works, that might be more popular with the HP crowd....lol

As an FYI, we talk to Ford, SVT and FRP all the time, so some of the things you mentioned are absoluetly a possibility. We know more soon.

thanks again and if I can ever answer anything don't hesitate to write.

Amy

PS- these are shelby serialized cars in the registry, and we are currently capable of manufacturing about 100+a week right now. I think you asked me this somewhere, but I might not have answered in all the posts.

Thanks for your insight, Amy... can't wait to see what you all cook-up :) finally, we live in fun car times again -- thank God! (don't think I could survive the dog days of the 70s/80s again <lol> )

-Dan

Archived