TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forum Letter To Ford Regard Deliveries

shel-b001

Reading the posts regarding deliveries of the 07Shelby it does appear that Ford must be having a problem .

Instead of us all complaining on this forum to each other ,there must be a number we could all call to complain or make a letter to send to Bill Ford . Anyone have any other ideas :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Reading the posts regarding deliveries of the 07Shelby it does appear that Ford must be having a problem .

Instead of us all complaining on this forum to each other ,there must be a number we could all call to complain or make a letter to send to Bill Ford . Anyone have any other ideas :rant::rant::rant::rant:

I dropped my letter in the mail yesterday, right to Bill Ford himself.

I know he will not read it, but it makes me feel better. I found out today mine has been stripped and ready to go since the 12th of June. I finally got to somebody at Ford that took the time to trace it for. He was a fleet guy that I talk with once in a while. They finally moved it from the upfitter that does the striping to shipping today. Maybe in a week or two now. That is so pathetic. No management exists there. Everything is hap-hazard. They wonder why Japan is kicking their ass.

msdcobra

I dropped my letter in the mail yesterday, right to Bill Ford himself.

I know he will not read it, but it makes me feel better. I found out today mine has been stripped and ready to go since the 12th of June. I finally got to somebody at Ford that took the time to trace it for. He was a fleet guy that I talk with once in a while. They finally moved it from the upfitter that does the striping to shipping today. Maybe in a week or two now. That is so pathetic. No management exists there. Everything is hap-hazard. They wonder why Japan is kicking their ass.

msdcobra

Letters you send will fall on death ears. You have to understand that the UAW unions play a HUGE roll in how many days they get off & when.

When Toyota & Honda came to America to build new plants the UAW agreed to new lower wages & less demands to gain more members. GM, Ford & Chrysler are all now suffering from concessions they made & promised on wages & benefits from 20, 30 & 40 years ago & their still paying for it now . That’s why they are in the mode of “ CHANGE or DIE” and why your car sits in a lot waiting to be delivered.

OK I'm off my soapbox now :soapbox:

what's the shutdown got to do with Ford's process of shipping and delivering already built vehicles? I think process is the same whether the union guys take time off or not.

Right On.

In reading the posts I understood that a seperate company shipped the vehicles & Ford said they would begin shipping June 26/06 & not a day sooner. It was reported that before the vacation shutdown that an estimated 600 Shelby`s were made. WHERE ARE THEY. On hold? Waiting for stripes? Inspection? :doh: :wacko:

Right On.

In reading the posts I understood that a seperate company shipped the vehicles & Ford said they would begin shipping June 26/06 & not a day sooner. It was reported that before the vacation shutdown that an estimated 600 Shelby`s were made. WHERE ARE THEY. On hold? Waiting for stripes? Inspection? :doh: :wacko:

Last I heard, they were up to 800 built before the shutdown. There must be one very large parking lot full of nothing but Shelbys somewhere in Dearborn.

:banghead:

Last I heard, they were up to 800 built before the shutdown. There must be one very large parking lot full of nothing but Shelbys somewhere in Dearborn.

:banghead:

EXACTLY. It is undoubtedly near a landfill, so seagulls have been overflying these cars for quite a while.

If the cars are stacked up awaiting stripes, then somebody apparently didn't do a good job of ficguring out how long that would take. The upfitters were supposedly working despite the plant shutdown, so if the cars are STILL backlogged imagine what it'll be like when the plant is producing again.

If they're on Quality Hold, STILL, you've got to wonder what's really going on. After all, Ford doesn't make money back until these cars are sold.

Anyone who knows something - not guessing like me - speak up. Something's not making sense here - especially with cars already built. Don't think we can blame the union vacation for this, IMO.

Just got back from the local Detroit dealer that I ordered from. Guess what, there were two (non-scheduled) executive orders that had been delivered. One black vert and one red coupe. It appears that the executives have a way to push their orders to the top of the list. The dealer has not received their #1 order yet, even though it has been built.

Sticker on the vert was $48,595.00 with two options Sirus & stripes. Couldn't believe that the stripes had a cost of $575.00.

$1300.00 GG tax

$795.00 Destination

this is rediculous my eta was 6/27 WHATEVER, dealer said it is at the upfitters but he doesn't know if it has been shipped from there or not and he said he has no way of tracking and I'm getting pissed off!!!!! For all I know someone could be out cruisin in it right now. I think I'm going craaaaaazy! :sos::kuko:

this is rediculous my eta was 6/27 WHATEVER, dealer said it is at the upfitters but he doesn't know if it has been shipped from there or not and he said he has no way of tracking and I'm getting pissed off!!!!! For all I know someone could be out cruisin in it right now. I think I'm going craaaaaazy! :sos::kuko:

I just found out today how much customers and customer service really means to Ford. I called customer service to ask about where my Shelby was and I could tell she was reading from a piece of paper so I asked her a few questions. She admitted all she had was a script she was suppose to read from that had not been updated for a while, but that was not the worst part. I ask for another number I could call and she said I do not know because I am actually located In Florida and I do not really work for for Ford Motor Company. Ford has outsourced it's customer service to us and all they give us is one sheet to read from. That tells you where customer service is on their list. They are to busy to worry about us customers so they hire that unimportant stuff out.

No wonder they are in trouble! How lame is that.

msdcobra

I found out today mine has been stripped and ready to go since the 12th of June. I finally got to somebody at Ford that took the time to trace it for. ...That is so pathetic. No management exists there. Everything is hap-hazard. They wonder why Japan is kicking their ass.

msdcobra

Obviously if it were "ready to go" it would have been shipped. Then you continue to state that it was moved from the striping to shipping. Geeze practice a little patience. Every time a new car is released the internet buzzes with rumor and hearsay. And of course if it is online it is the truth. So there must be some conspiracy to keep your vehicle from you. (Its called plant vacation if you must know) The reason cars do not ship when the plant is shut down for vacation is because there is no one at the plant to ship the vehcile. If your car were produced the week of June 12th (not the day of June 12th) and was sent to have the stripe installed it is not unlikely that the plant shut down before your car was released from the plant. Just because the car is built does not always mean that it is ready to ship. In your case the car is not complete until the stripes were installed. Then there is the Final inspection (you do want them to inspect it dont you?) It is not Fords job to let you know where the car is, that is the job of the dealership. If the dealer does not help you it is not poor management on the part of Ford, it is poor management on the part of the dealer. And for what it is worth. The import companies do not always let you place an order for a specific vehicle. There are many times the dealer get what the plant gives them, so they dont face this issue because they do not let you order what you want.

what's the shutdown got to do with Ford's process of shipping and delivering already built vehicles? I think process is the same whether the union guys take time off or not.

The relase of a vehicle from the plant is done by a plant employee. The plant passes the car to the rail, who inspect the vehicle and accepts responsibility for the delivery. So if the plant is on vacation then the person who is responsible for releasing the car to the rail/trucking company is also on vacation. This process is not handled by some regular joe.

Since the plant is responsible for the car until it is accepted by the rail, the release must be made by a plant employee. There is also a pretty significant railcar problem in most of the US right now, so even if the plant releases the car, the rail may not have a car to immediantly load the vehcile on. Not all cars are released to rail, but the vast majority are. Typically the vacation break allows the railyards to flush the cars from the system. Our local railyard is so busy right now that the delivery times have been impacted by as much as 4 days. This means that the car might make it to our city, but not be delivered for four days because they are delivering cars that arrived before. (This procees is supposed to be first in first out also)

The "E" stands for ESTIMATED. If your dealer cannot check the computer system for the vehicle then he probably has not given you a correct ETA, that is a problem with the dealer not Ford. If this ETA is the ETA that was given when the car was scheduled it has probably changed since then. Ford will change ETA several times during the process to try to forcast the delivery time accurately. And one more thing the dates that Ford uses represent the "Week of" Not the date. So if you are given an ETA of 7/17. The ETA is somethime that week, not the 17th of July.

I just found out today how much customers and customer service really means to Ford. I called customer service to ask about where my Shelby was and I could tell she was reading from a piece of paper so I asked her a few questions. She admitted all she had was a script she was suppose to read from that had not been updated for a while, but that was not the worst part. I ask for another number I could call and she said I do not know because I am actually located In Florida and I do not really work for for Ford Motor Company. Ford has outsourced it's customer service to us and all they give us is one sheet to read from. That tells you where customer service is on their list. They are to busy to worry about us customers so they hire that unimportant stuff out.

No wonder they are in trouble! How lame is that.

msdcobra

You would have better luck checking with your dealer for information. So many posts here think that calling VOPC is like calling the plant, it is not. Ford has always used a call center for vehicle tracking. It is not poor service and it works really good, if they do not have to look up the same car five times in one day. Some people here have been calling every two to three times per day. This is a large waste of time. I know many might dispute this but the dealerships can check the status of any vehicle online. This information is the same info that is given to VOPC. The other number you should have called is the dealership. Every dealership can check the status of thier vehicles anytime they like.

Obviously if it were "ready to go" it would have been shipped. Then you continue to state that it was moved from the striping to shipping. Geeze practice a little patience. Every time a new car is released the internet buzzes with rumor and hearsay. And of course if it is online it is the truth. So there must be some conspiracy to keep your vehicle from you. (Its called plant vacation if you must know) The reason cars do not ship when the plant is shut down for vacation is because there is no one at the plant to ship the vehcile. If your car were produced the week of June 12th (not the day of June 12th) and was sent to have the stripe installed it is not unlikely that the plant shut down before your car was released from the plant. Just because the car is built does not always mean that it is ready to ship. In your case the car is not complete until the stripes were installed. Then there is the Final inspection (you do want them to inspect it dont you?) It is not Fords job to let you know where the car is, that is the job of the dealership. If the dealer does not help you it is not poor management on the part of Ford, it is poor management on the part of the dealer. And for what it is worth. The import companies do not always let you place an order for a specific vehicle. There are many times the dealer get what the plant gives them, so they dont face this issue because they do not let you order what you want.

You are totally wrong. You must work for Ford, probably customer service. I verified it was striped and back waiting for shipment before the shutdown. I know a person on the fleet side that is very high up the ladder. He talked directly to a person that put their hand on that car and said it had stickers, was inspected, and was released to ship. Nice try though.

Ford is just that bad!

msdcobra

I'm not getting mine until December or early next year. So, I'm having a hard time feeling any symphathy for you guys. :rolleyes:

You are totally wrong. You must work for Ford, probably customer service. I verified it was striped and back waiting for shipment before the shutdown. I know a person on the fleet side that is very high up the ladder. He talked directly to a person that put their hand on that car and said it had stickers, was inspected, and was released to ship. Nice try though.

Ford is just that bad!

msdcobra

Nope I do not work for Ford. I do sell Ford's. And for what it is worth, I get calls from people high up on the Fleet side who want information from me. Despite the fact that they work for Ford, many of thier sales people do not understand the actual production side of the process. If it was "released to ship" then the problem is not with Ford, it is with the transportation companies. Once it is released all Ford can do is call the rail and beg for the vehicle to be delivered. If your contact discussed this car with somenone who 'put thier hand on the car' then he must have spoken to someone from the rail, or transport company because once it is released to ship it is out of the plants control. That is why they call it released.

I'm not getting mine until December or early next year. So, I'm having a hard time feeling any symphathy for you guys.

You'l understand when December rolls around and the promised delivery date is December 23rd and you can't get ANY information as to whether it left the plant before the Christmas holiday shutdown.

The fact there is no information is the problem, followed closely by the fact that other information is just wrong. My car was due the week of the 7th at the dealer, with a 'no later than' arrival of the 14th. There's no info.

You'l understand when December rolls around and the promised delivery date is December 23rd and you can't get ANY information as to whether it left the plant before the Christmas holiday shutdown.

The fact there is no information is the problem, followed closely by the fact that other information is just wrong. My car was due the week of the 7th at the dealer, with a 'no later than' arrival of the 14th. There's no info.

Ok, I see your point.

Ok, I see your point.

I'm sure most of us with these problems hope our bitchin' might make it easier on you folks with the later production units. If the rumor they will put the stripes on during assembly rather than afterwards is true, then you'll have benefited from some of the stuff that's screwing our deliveries up.

Either way, I know I don't feel like you need to have this happen to you also just to make me feel better. This is just a less than world class way of doing business - that's the gripe.

Nope I do not work for Ford. I do sell Ford's. And for what it is worth, I get calls from people high up on the Fleet side who want information from me. Despite the fact that they work for Ford, many of thier sales people do not understand the actual production side of the process. If it was "released to ship" then the problem is not with Ford, it is with the transportation companies. Once it is released all Ford can do is call the rail and beg for the vehicle to be delivered. If your contact discussed this car with somenone who 'put thier hand on the car' then he must have spoken to someone from the rail, or transport company because once it is released to ship it is out of the plants control. That is why they call it released.

Both my dealer and SVT Customer Service had bad information. SVT told me yesyerday that my car was shipped and should have been at the dealership on the 15th. My fleet friend found the car and said it will be leaving tomorrow by rail and he will give me the rail car number so I can track it. I can also track it by the last eight of the vin on BNSF. He has been with Ford for over thirty-five years and knows who to call.

Do not beleive your dealer or customer service. The dealer gets the same information that customer service gives out. I even had to tell my dealer on the 13th of March that the Shelby information was on his computer and that you could order that day. Nice people, but not up on things. I am a fleet manager for one of the worlds largest companies and order hundreds of cars and pickups so I know how things work. They dealers cannot BS me. I have been ordering fleet vehicles from Ford, GM, and Chrysler for decades.

msdcobra

Both my dealer and SVT Customer Service had bad information. SVT told me yesyerday that my car was shipped and should have been at the dealership on the 15th. My fleet friend found the car and said it will be leaving tomorrow by rail and he will give me the rail car number so I can track it. I can also track it by the last eight of the vin on BNSF. He has been with Ford for over thirty-five years and knows who to call.

Do not beleive your dealer or customer service. The dealer gets the same information that customer service gives out. I even had to tell my dealer on the 13th of March that the Shelby information was on his computer and that you could order that day. Nice people, but not up on things. I am a fleet manager for one of the worlds largest companies and order hundreds of cars and pickups so I know how things work. They dealers cannot BS me. I have been ordering fleet vehicles from Ford, GM, and Chrysler for decades.

msdcobra

I would agree that the majority of salesmen are out of the loop on product updates. I would also agree that many dealers do not follow what is happening. Most just are not that involved. Some people have a passion for cars, while others just have a job in the car business. There is a difference.

If you order so many vehicles you may want to pay attention to the status of the orders. You will learn that released is different than built. I do not think that most dealers are conciously giving you BS (That takes effort) most just make up something rather than admit they don't know, or don't know where to look for information.

I maintain it is less important to know the answer than to know where to look for the answer. Obviously your fleet contact was the correct source to look for the answer. The difference is that he took the time to find the vehicle. I work on the other end from you selling vehicles to fleets, and I order and track over 2000+ vehicles per year. The dealer probably could get the info the fleet contact did, however either he did not know where to look or was just to lazy to put in the effort. I can only think of one instance were it was not possible to find the location of a car within 20 minutes, and that was because the whole railcar had been returned to the mixing center without being unloaded. The computer indicated the railcar had been delivered, and everyone assumed the cars were unloaded, however the car was reconnected to the train and the cars were sent back. Even then it was still posssible to track the status of the vehicles.

Just out of curiosity did you order your car from the same dealer you order your fleet from?

If so how is he so far out of the loop.

Platnum Lion is 4.0 on this. My salesman recently said exactly the same thing. 'Most of the folks at the dealer are just not that impressed by 'the metal' anymore. They see it every day. When it comes in is when it comes in.' He almost always has less info than I do. He says few customers care to the extent I, and people like us, care. He even was surprised I knew about the VOPC and had the number: 'Where did you get that?' (He didn't have the number.)

I would agree that the majority of salesmen are out of the loop on product updates. I would also agree that many dealers do not follow what is happening. Most just are not that involved. Some people have a passion for cars, while others just have a job in the car business. There is a difference.

If you order so many vehicles you may want to pay attention to the status of the orders. You will learn that released is different than built. I do not think that most dealers are conciously giving you BS (That takes effort) most just make up something rather than admit they don't know, or don't know where to look for information.

I maintain it is less important to know the answer than to know where to look for the answer. Obviously your fleet contact was the correct source to look for the answer. The difference is that he took the time to find the vehicle. I work on the other end from you selling vehicles to fleets, and I order and track over 2000+ vehicles per year. The dealer probably could get the info the fleet contact did, however either he did not know where to look or was just to lazy to put in the effort. I can only think of one instance were it was not possible to find the location of a car within 20 minutes, and that was because the whole railcar had been returned to the mixing center without being unloaded. The computer indicated the railcar had been delivered, and everyone assumed the cars were unloaded, however the car was reconnected to the train and the cars were sent back. Even then it was still posssible to track the status of the vehicles.

Just out of curiosity did you order your car from the same dealer you order your fleet from?

If so how is he so far out of the loop.

Built means just that. Released could mean released from the plant to an upfitter for stripes of released to shipping. You have to ask them to be specific. Just because it has been released does not mean it is on the road to you. The majority of dealers just do keep up on their products or their deliveries. I have actually drove to a Dodge dealer and pointed out one of our pickups to him that had been there for over a week and we were waiting for it. They kept telling us it was still on the way.

It is sad. It is not just Ford dealers that do this.

msdcobra

Archived