TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby in the making....

Sssss

...for later this year!! This is cool,...but I still want a light weight monster kr model,with classic old school looks and more hp than the 07 gt500,too smoke the new Z06 vette!! http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608030376/1148 Here's the inside word: Shelby Automotive will offer a third Shelby Mustang to fill the gap between the 300 horsepower Mustang GT and 500 horsepower Shelby GT500.

The Shelby GT--produced at Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas--is essentially the same package as the rental-only Hertz Shelby GT-H.

With its trademark gold-on-black color scheme and exterior modifications including a unique hood, Mustang GT/CS front fascia, and side scoops, the Shelby GT-H can be mistaken for no other car on the road. Ford Racing provided suspension and performance modifications improving the car's handling and increasing horsepower to 325 and torque to 330. The Shelby GT is expected to share many of the same characteristics.

Unlike the Hertz edition, the Shelby GT will be available to the public for purchase at local Ford dealers. ;)

I cant wait to see images of this new Shelby.

LB

...for later this year!! This is cool,...but I still want a light weight monster kr model,with classic old school looks and more hp than the 07 gt500,too smoke the new Z06 vette!! http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608030376/1148 Here's the inside word: Shelby Automotive will offer a third Shelby Mustang to fill the gap between the 300 horsepower Mustang GT and 500 horsepower Shelby GT500.

The Shelby GT--produced at Shelby Automotive in Las Vegas--is essentially the same package as the rental-only Hertz Shelby GT-H.

With its trademark gold-on-black color scheme and exterior modifications including a unique hood, Mustang GT/CS front fascia, and side scoops, the Shelby GT-H can be mistaken for no other car on the road. Ford Racing provided suspension and performance modifications improving the car's handling and increasing horsepower to 325 and torque to 330. The Shelby GT is expected to share many of the same characteristics.

Unlike the Hertz edition, the Shelby GT will be available to the public for purchase at local Ford dealers. ;)

I am very excited when I first heard about a affordable Shelby Mustang becoming available. It has been a dream of mine since I was 14 years old to own a Shelby. ( 23 years ago )

After seeing the images of the Shelby-GT I am left with a partly deflated feeling. I was expecting more since Shelby Automobiles, Inc was involved.

The rearend defintely needs a Shelby touch ( ala 1967 GT350-GT500 tail lights )

This image here is exactly what I was expecting to see Shelby re-create.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?act...type=post&id=11

If this was the car available I would be doing backflips and would be trying to be 1st in line at

my local Ford dealership

It needs at least a 65-66 GT-350 hood scoop. Perferably a '67 hood scoop and tail fin.

The frontend needs a whole new "Shelby" design like they did in '67 or '68.

Please see what is possible with designing a real Shelby like pictured above!

Sincerely, Tim Duncan

I am very excited when I first heard about a affordable Shelby Mustang becoming available. It has been a dream of mine since I was 14 years old to own a Shelby. ( 23 years ago )

After seeing the images of the Shelby-GT I am left with a partly deflated feeling. I was expecting more since Shelby Automobiles, Inc was involved.

If this was the car available I would be doing backflips and would be trying to be 1st in line at

my local Ford dealership

It needs at least a 65-66 GT-350 hood scoop. Perferably a '67 hood scoop and tail fin.

Sincerely, Tim Duncan

I hear ya brother!! Those photos are actually mine that I designed of what I would like a "real carroll shelby influenced" car too look like with old school styling. I have past them on too Amy,Rich,...and hopefully they reached Carroll! Time will tell,but I'm counting on a high HP KR model. Now if you want somthing more affordable you might want this new shelby gt they're making,or wait for the boss model! For me though,...I looking for the old school styled BIG DOG,that has yet to be made!!!!! ;)

According to www.autonews.com and confirmed by a local dealer in my area, there will be a 325 HP Shelby GT-H without Hertz logos. It will be available in white or black with silver stripes. After having a fun run in a GT-Hertz a couple of days ago, I was very impressed with the Ford Racing suspension tightness. This is a road coarse wonder, but it could use wider treads. It is as tight and as fun as my Paxton equipped '66 GT350. It is does take getting used to :lol: an automatic tranny and non adjustable traction control, but still a blast. With hopes of production in the thousands, it should be a fabulous and affordable mover.

Congrats to Shelby Auto team for getting those 500 GT-H models out the door as scheduled. Great to see the shop doing well after years of "challenges". Much applause to all the staff.

my local Ford dealership

As stated it's an entry level Shelby, as the 350 was 40 years ago. We will have hoods, facsias, performance parts, etc, for upgrade, but we had to design a car at a mid price point that was a good shelby, that could be upgraded

Amy

Sincerely, Tim Duncan

Archived