TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Progress Update

Paleoc

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a SGT. Its at SAI getting a S/C. But the more I see these Shelby Kits, the more I think those things are kick ass! This is history in the making... Buy a GT and rig it out with Shelby Parts! That is so cool. These cars are really good lookin and now I am doubting myself buying the SGT... Maybe some one will want too buy mine and I build one of those CS8's. I envy you guys building these cars...

I took the factory tour yesterday and saw one of the prototypes for the CS6. I was told it beats a stage 3 Roush.

Hmmm if it was a V6 S/C'd CS6 that might be a stretch however not impossible.

According to Shelby:

CS6 with Paxton SC: 350HP (not sure if this is at the flywheel or rear wheels)

Roush Stage 3 has 415 HP (Flywheel) and around 360 HP at the rear wheels.

Of course then there is the matter of SC type. Roush being a Roots blower and Paxton being a centriphical (SP) on the quartermile who knows. Not an expert on these things but would love more details.

350 at the flywheel. It might beat a Roush on a road course due to better weight distribution. Not everything is judged on the quarter mile.

Oh yea no doubt not to mention the Paxton builds boost from the start where as most Roots blowers don't start until a range. The Roush is around 3k. HP numbers can be misleadeing, thats why I asked about more details. But don't want to turn this thread into a HP debate :lol:

Nice looking setup! Does the 0008 serial number mean yours is the 8th one out the doors at Shelby?

When you get some driving under your belt, I'd be intersted to know how gas milage is affected under cruise situations with the supercharger, custom tune and larger injectors.

Nice looking setup! Does the 0008 serial number mean yours is the 8th one out the doors at Shelby?

When you get some driving under your belt, I'd be intersted to know how gas milage is affected under cruise situations with the supercharger, custom tune and larger injectors.

It's probably the 8th one made by Paxton for Shelby.

When I get it, I can report the gas mileage but I can't compare it to stock as I have never seen the car in person much less driven it yet.

When I get it, I can report the gas mileage but I can't compare it to stock as I have never seen the car in person much less driven it yet.

Nice! On my GT the gas mileage with the SC actually averages the same. On the one highway trip I did with it I got 22.8 miles to the gallon. I normally get around 16.4 daily as 85% of my driving is city (4.10 gears in the future). Of course it would drop a bit if I had the SC screaming everytime I planted the gas down.

Here is a base line to compair to. My stock V6 gets 19-20mpg or so around town and as high as 31mpg on the freeway with the cruise control set between 65 and 70. If I bump up to 75 the milage drops to 26mpg.

On another note, how much rerouting of stuff does the SC install require? Is it something an experianced person could install themselves or should it be done by a shop? I've never installed a centrifigal SC, only positive displacement blowers.

On another note, how much rerouting of stuff does the SC install require? Is it something an experianced person could install themselves or should it be done by a shop? I've never installed a centrifigal SC, only positive displacement blowers.

I asked the installer about the instruction book which is lengthy (you can download a pdf of it from Paxton). He said it had a lot of simple steps, i.e. written at the basic level for self installers. Some rerouting of stuff, belts hoses, clamps but not a lot. It requires you to remove the front fascia, however.

More progress:

06856.jpg

350 at the flywheel. It might beat a Roush on a road course due to better weight distribution. Not everything is judged on the quarter mile.

correct! Its HP, weight, torque, balance, wheels and tires. And its also driver. You can have the best car in the world, but a great driver and can beat you with a less perfect car.

The CS6 did very well at Tulsa last year. It beat many a v8. We also had gary patterson driving, and he is a great road course driver. As it was said up top, not eerything is drag quarter mile

Amy

I'm going to look at a Legend Lime '05 tomorrow after my passport training. If I do get it, I can't decide whether to keep it Legend Lime, as this is my favorite color for a Mustang, or to paint it black, once I finish the whole car.

Keep it lime! It would look great! :D

Archived