TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Progress Update

Paleoc

I decided it might be a good idea for a log of people's progress in building their CS6's now that parts delivery is about to begin shortly:

My progress:

Full CS6 kit + extra wheel for spare ordered and awaiting delivery to assembler

2007 V6 Premium (Vista Blue) in Ford assembly line (have VIN number)

5 x 255/35ZR20 tires at assembler

Shorty Headers at assembler

Performance plug wires at assembler

Kevlar/metallic clutch plate enroute to assembler

Aluminum drive shaft & front driveshaft loop ordered today

8" antenna at home (to fit under car cover)

New Racing Helmet at home (assembler is also building a full size track)

Excitement is building!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided it might be a good idea for a log of people's progress in building their CS6's now that parts delivery is about to begin shortly:

My progress:

Excitement is building!

I look forward to hearing about your progress. What an exciting time for you! Ron

2006 Vista Blue Pony package 5 speed manual in the Garage

Added JBA True Dual Exhaust

Mustang GT Vista Blue rear fascia

Mustang Vista Blue (Running boards)

Vista Blue Plennum cover

Blue neon lights surounding engine for shows. Switch next to fuse box in engine compartment.

See Photo

CS6 appearance package on Order

JBL 9mm blue spark plug wires

Blue anodized AN fittings and braided steel hose covers.

Blue anodized fuel rails - Duplicolor blue anodize "metalcast" works AWSOME but you need to practice first on something. Red turns orange on items that get really hot. Blue holds its color well with High temps.

CNC fuel door on order. Local punk kids shot the car with a BB gun tagged it right in the exsisting fuel door.

Everything I own that is not Mustang related going on ebay.

saving hard for the rest of the full kit supercharger, rear end brakes suspension etc.

gallery_116_13_364929.jpg

gallery_116_13_131707.jpg

It looks like your guy's cars are coming together.

Mine has so far:

Eclipse AVN 5500 installed

Painted Vista Blue Mirrors

Painted interior pieces

Shelby Razor Wheels

Falken Tires on order

Paxton Supercharger on the way

JBA headers on the way

Smoked lights already on

TV Monitors on the way.

I have much more coming but havent ordered it yet. Your guy's phone calls are tremendous. Again, its awesome getting to meet you. Stay tuned for the Enthusiast Registry rules coming in the next week or so. In the meantime Im working on a place for us to post pictures and updates. Stay tuned.

My progress:

Excitement is building!

Added Billet Rear Trailing Arms

Added Billet Rear Trailing Arms

this is a great thread, I think a "build " section might be better, great job guys, keep it coming and pictures!!!!

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Aug 2 2006, 07:36 PM) 592[/snapback]

this is a great thread, I think a "build " section might be better, great job guys, keep it coming and pictures!!!!

Got the stickers for the helmet today.

DSC00011.JPG

Unfortunately I am not able to afford a full CS6 kit, which Id love to do, But I am using alot of the CS6 styling and adding my own touches along the way. I am very excited about my project and looking forward to getting my CS6 parts.

So Far, Ive gotten a GT style rear bumper

Custom X pipe dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers

and because I went and broke my neck in a crash last year, my Mustang has

polished hand controls.

I have a CS6 front fascia on order and plan on more parts soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Billet Pedal covers ordered

Car finished by Ford and on way to dealer (will check with him next week)

6 boxes of parts arrived from Hillbank at builder (don't know what is in them)

Dual guage pillar delivered

Gauges ordered

Shift light delivered

Some difficulty obtaining Hi-po Clutch & pressure plate. Ordered one but company didn't complete order or charge it - called today and owner has an answered service handling his calls - hope he is not sick. If anyone knows of a location to get a Hi-po clutch for a 4.0L V-6 let me know (I'm told it has a 10 inch clutch plate)

Once car is delivered, assembly can begin even if some parts are still on back-order. A couple more weeks and the project will have begun.

How is that you have parts arrive from Hillbank, I ordered my parts in March from Shelby and have not heard BOO. There is something funny about that. Do you have an answer for that Amy? Rich?

Parts are probably enroute, Canada being a longer shipment (as in another country). Hillbank didn't inform me of the shipment. I just happened to call the shop doing the conversion (late Friday) to ask them if a part from a different company had arrived and they said no but these other boxes had just arrived. I do know for a fact that the boxes are not the complete shipment (mostly suspension parts from what I understood). Don't be so angry, your stuff will get there soon.

Parts are probably enroute, Canada being a longer shipment (as in another country). Hillbank didn't inform me of the shipment. I just happened to call the shop doing the conversion (late Friday) to ask them if a part from a different company had arrived and they said no but these other boxes had just arrived. I do know for a fact that the boxes are not the complete shipment (mostly suspension parts from what I understood). Don't be so angry, your stuff will get there soon.

I have the same problem, ordered months ago and still haven't heard anything! I email them and get no answer. I live in New Jersey so the Canadian angle doesn't work.

Guys we are still waiting for some of the parts. I have recieved some hoods, but with no boxes. We are trying to source some asap, but its not as easy as you think.

For the few other parts, Ted said stuff is becoming available daily and we should recieve more product in the next week or so. Due to Shelbys strict quality control the fascia still isnt ready as up my update last week. I understand you guys are anxious but its really coming together.

If you have any questions please email me.

Thanks

Well I am in the very early stages of a build. I am just starting the process of looking for a '07 Mustang, so yall are way ahead of me.

My plans are:

'07 White Pony Package Mustang w/ 5 speed manual

CS6 Hood

CS6 S/C

CS6 or California Special front facia

Shelby GT or stock grill

GT500 spoiler

Performance coil springs of some kind

Stock pony package wheels

It should be a good garage mate for my SVO mustang

My plans are:

'07 White Pony Package Mustang w/ 5 speed manual

CS6 Hood

CS6 S/C

CS6 or California Special front facia

Shelby GT or stock grill

GT500 spoiler

Performance coil springs of some kind

Stock pony package wheels

Check with Amy or Rich about the grill/fascia, I believe there are some issues with mixing V6 front end parts with GT or CS front end parts. They should know what can go with what.

The GT500 spoiler is a Ford installed option for 07 and probably available as a separate part from Ford.

Coil springs are included with the Shelby suspension upgrade from Hillbank.

Also want to think about upgrading the rear end. The 7.5" inch stock gears are not built for that kind of power, are not limited slip, and the gearing is high (3.31). You can purchase aftermarket stronger 7.5" gears (Ford Racing for example) or upgrade to 8.8".

The CS6 front fascia will fit ALL 05+ Mustangs. However, either the Shelby upper grille needs to be used or a V6 grille, a GT grille wont fit.

What are the mounting issues between a V6 and a GT upper grill? To the causual observer they both look to be the same size (large driving lights aside)? By Shelby upper grill, I assume you mean the CS6 grill.

The 7.5" inch stock gears are not built for that kind of power, are not limited slip, and the gearing is high (3.31). You can purchase aftermarket stronger 7.5" gears (Ford Racing for example) or upgrade to 8.8".

I was not aware Ford was still using the 7.5" axle. My SVO has a stock 7.5 inch limited slip rear end. So far it has held up fine to 300 rwhp.

At the least though. I will plan on converting the new mustang a limited slip axle.

• 2 weeks later...

The Car arrived from the dealer (2007 model) and here are some before pictures:

*WARNING: Ford has changed the V6 spoiler for 2007 (of course they didn't make the change on their website until today). I built the car on their website and ordered it out of state so I had no way of knowing. Instead of sharing a spoiler with the GT (like the 05's & 06's and saving on parts inventory) they decided to create a V6 unique spoiler in the shape of a giant coin holder, i.e., flat with indentations. The spoiler looks just like it came off a Toyota. After all isn't that why you bought a mustang so it can look just like a Toyota from the back? And of course the CS6 stripe kit is not going to fit over this -thing-

The dealer (who is great) is going back to Ford with my complaints and hopefully straighten this out.

Other than the trunk mounted coin holder, I think the car looks great but not as good as it eventually will look once the conversion is finished.

Yes, Its a GT Mustang with only the Supercharger, shorty headers, exhaust and a electric water pump. I will get a copy of the dyno sheet up here if someone can tell me how to do that.

The car is freaken fast!!! And as soon as it gets Shelbyized, it will tear up the show scene and racetrack!

Try posting it in the file attachments as a picture file...

Yes, Its a GT Mustang with only the Supercharger, shorty headers, exhaust and a electric water pump. I will get a copy of the dyno sheet up here if someone can tell me how to do that.

The car is freaken fast!!! And as soon as it gets Shelbyized, it will tear up the show scene and racetrack!

What supercharger? Shelby does not yet offer one for the V-8... or do they?

Nevertheless, beware Jason! I have done a lot of research and have it on good authority (from a Ford insider) that the 4.6 block really cannot handle more than 425 HP. They begin blowing up after that. Be careful about your passes at the dragstrip!

I cannot comment on anything yet.

As far as the block goes, ive had extensive testing on the 4.6 3v and they are good till about 525 and commonly blow at 550rwhp. I am very confident in these numbers. Let me know what you've heard.

Jason,

What does you testing show regarding the 4.0L V6 block?

Archived