TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Phoenix to the Grand Canyon in a GTH

gthfan

Had a fantastic weekend. Rented a GTH in Phoenix.

Looks great in my driveway.

med_gallery_129_8_54580.jpg

med_gallery_129_8_183673.jpg

#67 of 500

med_gallery_129_8_280606.jpg

Lots of good road. Freeways, 2 lane blacktop, and curves. Spent the night in lovely Sedona.

The Shelby GTH is a great drive. Put your foot down on an open stretch and I guarantee it will put a smile on your face. I think the 330 hp rating may be conservative for insurance purposes.

The sound is fantastic! Shebly really know what we want a car to sound like. If you rent one of these you will have to answer questions because every where we parked it drew a crowd. Trucks blasted their horns when we past. Cars would pull along side (when we let them) to take pictures from the camera phones.

med_gallery_129_8_391944.jpg

med_gallery_129_8_565485.jpg

med_gallery_129_8_436547.jpg

med_gallery_129_8_549151.jpg

The next day off to the grand Canyon via a very small part of Route 66.

med_gallery_129_8_572292.jpg

I won't bore you with the unimportant stuff but we did see somethings that were almost as pretty as the GTH.

med_gallery_129_8_350645.jpg

2 days. 570 miles. 1300 ft to 9000 ft elevation. Good open road and a Shelby Gt-H. It was a blast.

Amy and Rich, tell Carroll he was right on the money.

"That's what I call a rental car"

Mark

wow!!! that is great and the pics are cool!!! thanks for posting. We at Shelby are glad we could deliver the goods on this one :)

Amy

OK, thats not fair. Here the rest of us are drooling on our keyboards while your out in a GTH. Thanks for the great photos. B) Mark

Very cool! we will be starting a section for the GT-H and everyones experiences.... cool,

Amy

Hello Amy

I sent Rich an email suggesting such a section as I thought it would be interesting.

Hey while you are still making them, how about making 501 and I'll buy it.

What do you want for it? (please be reasonable as I am grabbing the ring)

Mark

Archived