TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy,do you think the weight.....

Sssss

...of next years Shelby(kr) will hopefully be alot lighter than 3920 lbs. of this years 07 GT500 coupe,because it'll be done with a more "carroll shelby influenced" touch, with more cool old school looks and technique, and greater performance? ;) Thanks, John

....Or better yet,make with old school design que's in a new "R" (or 'KR") model,all lightened up with carbon fiber,weighing in at under 3300lbs,with 600 hp to compete and beat ,...against the Z06 on and off of track. Plus, I have a brother that works for gm,and in 2009,he said a special z06 will have 700hp,to compete with the new styled viper coming out,also around 700hp! I hope that the FRT team and Carroll will be coming out with a limited "R" model,basicly a factory race car for the street and track,to compete!! I wouldn't mind paying more money,for such a car!....Or better yet,just bring back an affordable new ac cobra with alot of hp and light in weight,to beat the new z06 and new viper coming out with even more hp! But keep the price under those to cars and you will then have incredible success in dusting them both,in performance and price! ;)

....Or better yet,make with old school design que's in a new "R" (or 'KR") model,all lightened up with carbon fiber,weighing in at under 3300lbs,with 600 hp to compete and beat ,...against the Z06 on and off of track. Plus, I have a brother that works for gm,and in 2009,he said a special z06 will have 700hp,to compete with the new styled viper coming out,also around 700hp! I hope that the FRT team and Carroll will be coming out with a limited "R" model,basicly a factory race car for the street and track,to compete!! I wouldn't mind paying more money,for such a car!....Or better yet,just bring back an affordable new ac cobra with alot of hp and light in weight,to beat the new z06 and new viper coming out with even more hp! But keep the price under those to cars and you will then have incredible success in dusting them both,in performance and price! ;)

I think what cars are built next year will be as cool as this years GT500, which every magazine is calling "one hel of a Mustang"

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Jun 14 2006, 11:43 AM) 393[/snapback]

I think what cars are built next year will be as cool as this years GT500, which every magazine is calling "one hel of a Mustang"

Amy

Well I hope the 2008 looks even cooler(with carroll shelby old school design ques) than this years,and less weight,as the weight issue has been the biggest issue with just about every magazine mentioned! ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Jun 14 2006, 11:43 AM) 393[/snapback]

Amy

Amy, cool is nice... that's assumed when it comes to a Shelby ;-)

But there's a great hunger out here for Shelby magic focussed on GREATLY REDUCED WEIGHT (3350lbs max) and GREATLY IMPROVED WEIGHT DISTRIB (50/50, 52/48 worst case).

Further, as the Camaro and Challenger emerge, the venerable modular will eventually not cut it against big cubes. Yes, for $23-25K you can get 1000+HP with the 5.4 iron block (already several offerings for boat/drag racing) but what will be needed to go up against [blown] Hemis (which you know are coming) in the new muscle car wars is the DOHC Hurricane since the bigger bore spacing is essential to make -EITHER- naturally aspirated hi-po motors with more square/oversquare designs that will rev higher -OR- blown undersquares analygous to a largerer blown modular. BOTH OFFERINGS ARE ESSENTIAL. The point is, you only get that choice with a larger bore spacing than the modular. The modular is a venerable motor, but is hamstrung by its small 3.55" bore which forces low-revving, long-stroke designs that are limited to modest displacement and must be forced-fed to make HP. There is a long battle coming and the modular won't cut it long term with bigger displacement offerings from GM/DCX. Ford needs the DOHC Hurricane and you need Ford to have it.

I realize you're a small niche company with limited influence, but the Shelby name is golden and to preserve that lustre there has to be an ass-kicking Shelby coming (if not the GT500KR, then when?) that is to the GT500 what the 350R was to the 350, followed up with a killer GT1000R (or whatever you might call it) before MY2010. Do that and the name Shelby will be immortalized for all time (not that it isn't already, but it got that way based on innovating, leading and successfully competing in a changing marketplace; the competition is about to change dramatically again!). If you speak, Ford might listen. If you don't, they can't listen.

---End of [hopefully unnecessary] motivational speech ;-) and thanks for listening and for all the goodies you're working on -- it's much appreciated---

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Jun 14 2006, 11:43 AM) 393[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Amy

Amy, cool is nice... that's assumed when it comes to a Shelby ;-)

But there's a great hunger out here for Shelby magic focussed on GREATLY REDUCED WEIGHT (3350lbs max) and GREATLY IMPROVED WEIGHT DISTRIB (50/50, 52/48 worst case).

Further, as the Camaro and Challenger emerge, the venerable modular will eventually not cut it against big cubes. Yes, for $23-25K you can get 1000+HP with the 5.4 iron block (already several offerings for boat/drag racing) but what will be needed to go up against [blown] Hemis (which you know are coming) in the new muscle car wars is the DOHC Hurricane since the bigger bore spacing is essential to make -EITHER- naturally aspirated hi-po motors with more square/oversquare designs that will rev higher -OR- blown undersquares analygous to a largerer blown modular. BOTH OFFERINGS ARE ESSENTIAL. The point is, you only get that choice with a larger bore spacing than the modular. The modular is a venerable motor, but is hamstrung by its small 3.55" bore which forces low-revving, long-stroke designs that are limited to modest displacement and must be forced-fed to make HP. There is a long battle coming and the modular won't cut it long term with bigger displacement offerings from GM/DCX. Ford needs the DOHC Hurricane and you need Ford to have it.

I realize you're a small niche company with limited influence, but the Shelby name is golden and to preserve that lustre there has to be an ass-kicking Shelby coming (if not the GT500KR, then when?) that is to the GT500 what the 350R was to the 350, followed up with a killer GT1000R (or whatever you might call it) before MY2010. Do that and the name Shelby will be immortalized for all time (not that it isn't already, but it got that way based on innovating, leading and successfully competing in a changing marketplace; the competition is about to change dramatically again!). If you speak, Ford might listen. If you don't, they can't listen.

---End of [hopefully unnecessary] motivational speech ;-) and thanks for listening and for all the goodies you're working on -- it's much appreciated---

Very well said Brother!!! ;) Especially make one thats extra memorable,...as this might be the last Shelby Hoorah! We need a car that will go done in history,..as Carroll Shelby's last special bad -boy beast that ruled the track as well as the street for many, many years too come!!! Carroll (as well as Ford's FRT team) will live on forever with this type of car,just adding too His and Ford's Legacy!! Along with the involvement of FRT as well! Come-on Carroll,...you beat the vettes back in the day,...give us one that will toast the new z06 vette as well!! For a car like that,I am willing to pay more money! Keep price under z06's and Shelby will Rule the Track and the Boulevard for many,many years of memories to come,as the bad-boy that no one could beat!!Now that's a Real Carroll Shelby Car!! ;)

Or better yet, start a partnership with Dodge again.

Shelby Challenger - that has a nice ring

robin

<lol> Hope you're not serious... there is no way that will happen again -- Ford has 'dibs' and Carroll will take his partnership with Ford to the grave -- ask him...

But, it does have a nice ring to it... ....Shelby GT1000 Hurricane does too ;-)

:lol: Hope you're not serious... there is no way that will happen again -- Ford has 'dibs' and Carroll will take his partnership with Ford to the grave -- ask him...

But, it does have a nice ring to it... ....Shelby GT1000 Hurricane does too :)

You are probably right. I would just like us fans of the Dodge based Shelbys to be given a bone once in a while. It would be nice if the reproduction companies would recognize that these cars are both historically significant and worthy of restoration. It is very difficult to properly restore these cars with no source for something as simple as window seals.

robin

You are probably right. I would just like us fans of the Dodge based Shelbys to be given a bone once in a while. It would be nice if the reproduction companies would recognize that these cars are both historically significant and worthy of restoration. It is very difficult to properly restore these cars with no source for something as simple as window seals.

robin

There is a lot we can't talk about yet, but if it's a shelby will stand apart

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Jun 16 2006, 05:36 PM) 411[/snapback]

.... but if it's a shelby will stand apart

What does that really mean? If you are dropping hints that you will be supporting the old Dodge program - that is great news. I can see the value of these cars quickly appreciating with the proper support.

robin

Well too get back on topic,..I sure hope the '08 Shelby(either R or KR) version,..is alot lighter than the '07 Shelby,...and I hope its lowered and tweaked with all kind of performance mods,and classic old school styling ques!!! ;)

Well too get back on topic,..I sure hope the '08 Shelby(either R or KR) version,..is alot lighter than the '07 Shelby,...and I hope its lowered and tweaked with all kind of performance mods,and classic old school styling ques!!! ;)

I agree- the '07 GT500 is a overweight. I was amazed to see the C6 vette smoke it in the Car & Driver article. Maybe the Ford boys compromized too much, I sure hope that a lighter car comes out - to me - that would be much closer to the what I would envision a modern Shelby should be.

3900 # for a modern Mustang is a to "Old School" (great HP, but a pig!), IMHO.

I agree- the '07 GT500 is a overweight. I was amazed to see the C6 vette smoke it in the Car & Driver article. Maybe the Ford boys compromized too much, I sure hope that a lighter car comes out - to me - that would be much closer to the what I would envision a modern Shelby should be.

3900 # for a modern Mustang is a to "Old School" (great HP, but a pig!), IMHO.

That's Ford and svt doing that,not carrol shelby! They basicly used his name on the first one,...but believe me,if the FRT team gave more control of how a shelby should really look and feel like,...you would have 1 very hott and tough looking shelby with old school looks,..alot lighter,..more performance,..lowered,too loose the 4x4 look,..and basicly Kicking the vette's butt all over the place!! I mean the 07 is a pretty good start by the FRT team for the first year though!That's why I'm hoping for next years model,..too really get it right,...and let carroll contribute alot more too accomplish this!! Now that would be a car that would be worth paying alittle more for,..and a Real Shelby!!!! Go get 'em Carroll!! ;)

• 2 months later...

That's Ford and svt doing that,not carrol shelby! They basicly used his name on the first one,...but believe me,if the FRT team gave more control of how a shelby should really look and feel like,...you would have 1 very hott and tough looking shelby with old school looks,..alot lighter,..more performance,..lowered,too loose the 4x4 look,..and basicly Kicking the vette's butt all over the place!! I mean the 07 is a pretty good start by the FRT team for the first year though!That's why I'm hoping for next years model,..too really get it right,...and let carroll contribute alot more too accomplish this!! Now that would be a car that would be worth paying alittle more for,..and a Real Shelby!!!! Go get 'em Carroll!! ;)

First, You can't take anything Car and Driver does seriously. They have a definate agenda and thier article/tests are written to support thier predetermined conclusion. There are gonna be some very confused Vette drivers as all they will see is the SHELBY on the decklid.

Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car.

First, You can't take anything Car and Driver does seriously. They have a definate agenda and thier article/tests are written to support thier predetermined conclusion. There are gonna be some very confused Vette drivers as all they will see is the SHELBY on the decklid.

Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car.

Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .

Hope that helps.

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Sep 16 2006, 03:23 PM) 905[/snapback]

Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .

Hope that helps.

Amy

Yes Maam, Hey are you taken ;) LOL

• 1 year later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Sep 16 2006, 03:23 PM) 905[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hope that helps.

Amy

And I am very proud of my Black GT500 conv. w/stripe delete, and Carroll is very fortunate to have you, Amy! You make things work and, if you don't have an answer, or if there's something going on that you don't know about, that's what you say. But you will go out of your way if there's something that you can help with. It's rare to find people in your position take such interest. You must take after that snake that Mr. Shelby made so famous! :D

Archived