TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can you tell us whats really going on?

jrav8er

Hello, I am writing this to find more info about the CS6. I ordered my parts and paid for them through an authorized Shelby dealer and installation center. However WE were not able to come up with pricing for the stripes, nor the door stripes. I know there was issues with the scales on the snake logo and Ford's approval but do you have a price? Also Now that the GT-H Hertz/Shelby Mustangs are on the way out the door when can I realistically see my parts being boxed up and shipped off to my autorized shelby dealer? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you.

Jim

Hello, I am writing this to find more info about the CS6. I ordered my parts and paid for them through an authorized Shelby dealer and installation center. However WE were not able to come up with pricing for the stripes, nor the door stripes. I know there was issues with the scales on the snake logo and Ford's approval but do you have a price? Also Now that the GT-H Hertz/Shelby Mustangs are on the way out the door when can I realistically see my parts being boxed up and shipped off to my autorized shelby dealer? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you.

Jim

I have ordered my parts direct from the Shelby Autos.com site, and what I am reading in the forums is that shipping of the CS6 parts will commence in June, (I don't know what year) I am going to have a local shop paint my strips and cobra on the car like the proto type pictures.

If you have CS6 parts on order they are in process with our parts department. Ted is your contact, tedk@shelbyautos.com, or 702-942-7325.

Most parts will begin shipping some time in June (2006, of course). We have made allowances for the fact that we're putting some of these same parts on the GT-H production line. What parts did you order?

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

I ordered the Hood Of course, Front fascia, side scoops, shelby letter kit, hood grille, and hood pins. I am also going to have my local shelby dealer install the parts, paint them and have the stripes painted as well as the painted cobra logo on the side. My thoughts about the rims with the new color choice is now up in the air. American racing shelby rims have a printed shelby name that will match the font of the side door painted shelby name. I do like the signed rims but not everybody will recognize the signature. My shelby show had said that in painting the stripes the whole car except for the front fenders will have to be re-cleared this is to take the clear to a hard edge panel line without having delaminating if featherd in.

Rich, Thank you for the info. Hey what is up with the smiley face on your administrator profile on the left side of the page. Are you getting tired of the same questions and getting frustrated? I know there were issues with your vendors dragging there behinds in the mud but I have not seen any postings in the news section of the website. Thanks again.

Jim

Our parts department will be contacting those who have parts on order soon. They know the production schedule and will be matching that up with the component orders they have. They will start shipping the orders they can fulfill just as soon as the parts are available. I wish I could give you a specific date, but June is the best I can do.

As for my smiley, it's the closest I could get to my real face. :)

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the time when this kit is in full swing of production!

I was at a local car show in Phoenix and someone brought in a GT-H rental that he had rented for the weekend. It was fun seeing the car after keeping up with things here at shelbyautos.com for many months. I love the hood you guys came up with for the GT-H and CS6, and think any body shop could cut out the air extractors and make the vents functional without too much difficulty.

The one thing that surprised me was how quiet the exhaust sounded. Given that it has upgraded FRPP mufflers, I was surprised by how mild it sounded. In contrast, the Flowmasters on my 06 have a very satisfying low-pitch tone, while the FRPP mufflers on the GT-H sounded basically stock. I'm just surprised, and wonder whether the Ford mufflers are really any better than stock, because normally you get that lower bass tone due to less restriction. This is by no means a critique...just an observation of the FRPP pack.

The beautiful work on the GT-H is just a factor really, in my opinion, of what a beautiful job Ford did with the new 05 in the first place. Loved seeing the Shelby nameplate in the engine bay, and on the dash. I wish something like this would be made available to those who buy the whole CS6 kit. That would be wonderful, even if it is something simple like "Official Product of Shelby American, Inc."

I read that SAA is cracking down on cloners, and I applaud the effort. I feel that clones are a good way for someone to enjoy the cars without taking the chance of damaging an original. But at the same time, there are now so many clones, and people are rebuilding original Shelby Mustangs with 100% aftermarket (i.e. Tiaiwan) parts. I don't understand why anyone would pay $200,000 for a rebuild like that, when unmolested originals are available. But I digress.... My personal feeling on the matter of getting the CS6 officially recognized by SAAC is that buyers of the complete kit could use their receipt as proof of authenticity. But I would just encourage S-A to consider sending kit owners a certificate of some kind, if no badge will be available.

If you would like to purchase any of the Shelby CS6 Componet kit, contact Hillbank Motorsports @ 888-445-5226 or visit our website www.hillbankmotorsports.com We have a complete listing of all the parts needed to build your own Shelby Mustang!

Thanks Jason

Which again brings up the question, which has never been answered, as to why order it from you rather than ordering it direct from Shelby?

Because we are handling the ordering and shipping of the CS6 parts. Thanks.

So what you are saying is that if we do the "add to cart" on the Shelby site, the parts are really being handled by you.

In that case, perhaps you would be kind enough to answer questions that no one else on this site seems willing to do.

What additional parts come with the complete kit (beyond the individual parts listed)? I.e., interior, dress-up items, etc.

What do the current side stripes look like (they have been revised several times and pictured in several different styles - including omitted)?

When will the parts be shipped, we have been told June, but that obviously ends tomorrow?

Will they fit on the soon to be available 2007 model mustang?

Are tires included in the complete kit? If so, what kind?

Your site lists the Hurst Shifter for the V6 at $0 which is either a typo or means it's unavailable, the Shelby site lists it at $200. Is $200 correct?

Does a tuner come with the Supercharger for setting it up properly?

Paleoc,

I will try to anwser your questions as best as I can.

As far as the non-listed items ie: interior stuff, there is alot more coming. We are working directly with Shelby to develop more exciting parts to complete the car, but at this time they are top secret.

The official stripe logo will be the Carroll Shelby "CS" at the top of the strip and "SHELBY" along the bottom.

Realisticly we are looking at mid August for delivery of 90% of the parts if not all. Full swing production is already commenced.

From what we have found out there is no changes in the 07 Mustang other than the GT500 being released!!!

As far as tires go, I dont know. I will ask.

The Hurst shifter on our site is a typo at $0. It is in fact $200.

Yes, a tuner comes with the Shelby/Paxton supercharger. It is a Diablo Sport Prediator.

If anyone has any other questions, you can email me directly at www.jasonc@hillbankusa.com Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Parts are now becoming available! Everything minus the front fascia is ready! The front fascia is going to be a few weeks behind (approx 2-3 weeks).

There will also be certified badging with the COMPLETE kit purchase as originally stated along with a certificate from Shelby Performance Inc. Orders are well under way and waits are to be expected. If your a serious candidate, order now!

Oh, btw Goodyear COMP T/A are the original tires on the CS6 and we will be offering them shortly.

Thanks Jason

Parts are now becoming available! Everything minus the front fascia is ready! The front fascia is going to be a few weeks behind (approx 2-3 weeks).

There will also be certified badging with the COMPLETE kit purchase as originally stated along with a certificate from Shelby Performance Inc. Orders are well under way and waits are to be expected. If your a serious candidate, order now!

Oh, btw Goodyear COMP T/A are the original tires on the CS6 and we will be offering them shortly.

Thanks Jason

Do the cobra emblems come with the lettering like the picture shows?

Not sure which emblems your refering too. Shoot me a picture of it to www.jasonc@hillbankusa.com

Product is arriving today direct from Shelby in Las Vegas!!! I will be working shortly tomorrow to place and ship orders!

UPDATE!!!!!!

Guys and Gals I have went to bat for the True Enthusiast!

We will have a certification plaque for the dash from SHELBY!!! as well as a Registry head up by me! What an exciting time it is to be apart of something sooo big! I can tell you this, the top secret things that were being developed for the Mustang were approved by Shelby and are in process of being made so stay tuned for updates!

Jason Cenora

Hillbank Motorsports

www.hillbankmotorsports.com

I just wanted to say that there must be a whole lot of people like me that are getting frustarated with all the delays and are checking out other options to pimp out there ride, well I was hoping to cruise the strip this weekend with my completed CS6, that is what I thought in January when I saw the proto type.

Well hold on, I just got off the phone with Jason @ Hillbank Motorsports and things are falling into place (thanks Jason for the info). I was so pumped when I got off the phone that I had to go outside and wash my Stang first before I put this out. CAN'T WAIT!!!! I have been dreaming of this since I saw that first white '65 with the blue strips and the logo that said Shelby.

thanks again Jason.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Jason (at Hillbank) yesterday ordering the parts for a complete CS6 conversion and then called the Ford dealer and placed my order for 07 premium mustang V6 to install them on (I wanted it with the colors and options I selected).* Prior to calling Jason, I got information from independent source who said that Jason was a great guy to work with and an completely upstanding, honest and decent person. Talking to him on the phone absolutely confirmed what the source said. It appears that after delays and false starts that the program is back on the right track.

Now I've got my spreadsheet out (which I spent almost a year building) and have begun ordering all the accessories off of it for the car. I.e., JBA shorty headers, aluminum driveshaft to replace the Ford monstrosity, BFGoodrich KDW tires, shorty antenna so that a car cover will fit over it, etc. If anyone wants info on places to look for parts, I have a lot of research to include pricing info that I will be happy to share, drop me a tell or an email to ..Paleoc@hotmail.com..

*There may be some computer issues with the Vortec supercharger and the 07 model which between my installer - a Shelby Cobra dealer, the Ford dealer, Jason at Hillbank and Vortec we will all work out. I guess my car will be kind of the prototype for the 07 models.

This might be a dumb question--I apologize if so. But I noticed one or two parts in the CS6 parts listing that seem to point to an automatic transmission. Is that the standard for a CS6, or is it just up to the customer? If the "official" build of a CS6 is A/T, perhaps that is an issue to consider? Otherwise, I'd lean toward a M/T.

This might be a dumb question--I apologize if so. But I noticed one or two parts in the CS6 parts listing that seem to point to an automatic transmission. Is that the standard for a CS6, or is it just up to the customer? If the "official" build of a CS6 is A/T, perhaps that is an issue to consider? Otherwise, I'd lean toward a M/T.

What parts?????

It is getting near the end of July now.... and still no word from ShelbyAutos.com, (where I ordered my parts from) not even a reply to my email...........Whats up with that?

What parts?????

It is getting near the end of July now.... and still no word from ShelbyAutos.com, (where I ordered my parts from) not even a reply to my email...........Whats up with that?

B) I just got off the phone with Tim at Shelby. He has been at a show in Virginia and the emails he recieves daily have grown to a mountain. Alot of people are emailing him every day and when you go out of town on busines the emails still roll in. I got lucky and happened to call him between calls. He is not ignoring you so dont worry they are not running off with your $$$. We have all waited this long so far so one or two weeks more is no big deal. I have been watching all that is going on with shelby and I am excited for them for the release of the GT-H and the long awaited GT500. And now just around the corner the CS-6. So be patient he will get back to you or your parts will show up before you get the response. Also remember he has an official job to do and sitting chained to the desk answering 100s of emails and phone calls plus trying to conduct business. What we are all experiencing is what is known as growing pains. Please BEAR IN MIND that Shelby is an extremely reputable company and QUALITY is their number one concern. When shelby looks for parts vendors they have the exact opposite approach than NASA. One million parts wrapped in Foam strapped to the top of a flaming rocket= 3 billion dollars, 1 mylar payload =$20 Million ,7 astronaut salaries =$450,000 Lighting the match on the whole package and launching it into orbit at speeds reaching 35000mph in upper orbit all built by the LOWEST Bidder $$$Priceless$$$$. Shelby goes for quality first and are sometimes at the mercy of the vendor. When you get your parts remember they are endorsed by FORD and SHELBY also. So rest assured what you will recieve will be litterally just shy of bulletproof. I have full confidence in Shelby and all the authorized dealers/installers as they to are all endorsed by Shelby and Official Shelby technicians. I to have parts on Order And I to want to be the first on the block with a shelby kit. But I also want quality components with the MADE in the USA heritage. Lets call John Ratzenbeger for an episode of made in the USA to feature Shelbyautos. Read the other posts others have made and you will see what you need to be doing right now is polishing that stang and getting her ready for the new parts.

Jim D.

Well I want to thank you guys for the kind words. I work hard to take care of my customers. And I truly am an enthusiast and the future owner of a CS6 Component car. Yes, I am building one myself. So I to am going through the pains of anxiously waiting. But Ill tell you, having the opportunity to work with Amy and the guys at Shelby developing more options has been an experience in itself. And it was said correctly; Shelby Auto's led by Amy B. refuses to manufacture a less than superior product. So as the old phrase goes, "good things come to those who wait" goes along way in this situation. I know being able to custom build my SHELBY is going to be a dream come true.

Lastly, being so involved, creating the registry and being able to work with enthusiast like Bill Heim who emails me everyday with new and exciting news is memorable. I mean, I get to be apart of most of your guy's projects and watch your car become something great.

If any of you guys have any questions regarding the development of this car please feel free to email me. jason@hillbankusa.com Have a great weekend guys!

Archived