TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's attendance at Mid-America Shelby Meet

Mustangwizard

Being new to the forum, I don't want to ask too many questions but I have been a member of the SAAC club ,for quite a while and a member of the Mid-America Shelby meet ,sponsored by Jim & Terry Wicks & others now.

I was in the first club get-to-gether ,when jim & terry decided to get some regional "Shelby Cars" together!

I owned a 69 Shelby GT 500 Fastback ,(428 CJ & C6 auto) at the time but didn't have it there as it was being retrofitted with a Bob Tasca 427 ,Dual Quad MR. & a T10 Top Loader. that I had bought out of one of the old 68 1/2 Tasca Mustangs.

The Mid-America Fast Fords & Shelby Meet has grown into a big Ford Performance and Shelby ( True Factory cars & Clones) meet and word goes around each year that the "BOSS MAN"-Mr. Shelby might attend. My wife & I ,will be attending again this year with hopes that the "BOSSMAN" will attend or just show up for one day!

We heard that he was going to attend last year but at the last min. , something came up!

Since the price & scarcity of the TRUE -Real Shelbys have gotten so high, most true Shelby owner don't bring there cars to the meet anymore. Most people are just glad to see some clones show up! There are alot of Youth that attent this show,future owners of HIPO Ford & Shelby cars, wanting to learn about the Classic & New Shelbys coming out.

It would be nice to see the BOSSMAN in person instead of dad's pointing to a poster of Mr. Shelby,and saying to there sons & daughters, " This is the man that started all this !!! We hope to see Mr. Shelby at this years Mid-America Meet in Tulsa this year!

Mustangwizard

For those of you who don't know about this event, the Mid-America Ford/Shelby event takes place in Tulsa, OK, June 7-11, 2006 and is always a very well-attended and popular event.

We have it on our schedule to attend and should be bringing one of our new cars to tear up the track a bit, but I can't honestly say whether Carroll will be there. I heard he's going to attend the SAAC event later that month at Virginia International Raceway but I don't know about his plans for Mid-America this year. I will try to find out for you and post it here.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

For those of you who don't know about this event, the Mid-America Ford/Shelby event takes place in Tulsa, OK, June 7-11, 2006 and is always a very well-attended and popular event.

We have it on our schedule to attend and should be bringing one of our new cars to tear up the track a bit, but I can't honestly say whether Carroll will be there. I heard he's going to attend the SAAC event later that month at Virginia International Raceway but I don't know about his plans for Mid-America this year. I will try to find out for you and post it here.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Sorry, Mr. Shelby will not be at Tulsa this year

Amy

Archived