TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 Boss GT

C0braFan

Some of you know I've been visiting this forum since mid-2005. I am first in line at a local Ford dealer for a GT500. But I recently have become more and more frustrated with how the sale of this car has been handled, and by the markup. I finally got the dealer to admit that they haven't received their allocation yet, but they are expecting two of them. I have dibs on the first, the second will go to ebay. Unfortunately, I can't afford $60k for this car, and it's pretty clear the markup will be $20k over.

So, I've finally given up on buying a GT500. I guess I've been anticipating it more than I realized, because when I accepted this fact, I felt relieved. Whew! I feel much more relaxed. Isn't it silly how stupid we get over cars? :-) Mustang Monthly printed my letter in Sept-05 in which I wrote "I'm thrilled that I'll be able to afford a new GT500 when the originals are out of sight" or some such statement.

I guess after 15 months I just became too impatient to wait for a special model to come out of Ford, like the new GT/CS that was announced at New York last month (basically just a $1800 kit added to a GT). I considered building a CS6 but in the end, it's going to be a lot of work and I wanted a complete car.

So, I'm very happy to have just purchased a 2006 Boss GT, and will be picking it up from the dealer out of state next week. The car is beautiful. It's a tribute to the 1970 Boss 302, a custom modification to a 2006 GT Premium. I have put up some photos here: www.jharbour.com/2006bossgt.mht. (IE6 required). I got the car for only a little more than the cost of a 2006 GT Premium, and I love the job they did on it, very tasteful IMO.

I like the rear window louvers. I like the quarter window louvers. But I don't like the combination together. I would opt to remove the quarter louvers. But that is just me.

Yellow and Black are a good color combo. Should provide much enjoyment after your future upgrades.

robin

Some of you know I've been visiting this forum since mid-2005. I am first in line at a local Ford dealer for a GT500. But I recently have become more and more frustrated with how the sale of this car has been handled, and by the markup. I finally got the dealer to admit that they haven't received their allocation yet, but they are expecting two of them. I have dibs on the first, the second will go to ebay. Unfortunately, I can't afford $60k for this car, and it's pretty clear the markup will be $20k over.

So, I've finally given up on buying a GT500. I guess I've been anticipating it more than I realized, because when I accepted this fact, I felt relieved. Whew! I feel much more relaxed. Isn't it silly how stupid we get over cars? :-) Mustang Monthly printed my letter in Sept-05 in which I wrote "I'm thrilled that I'll be able to afford a new GT500 when the originals are out of sight" or some such statement.

I guess after 15 months I just became too impatient to wait for a special model to come out of Ford, like the new GT/CS that was announced at New York last month (basically just a $1800 kit added to a GT). I considered building a CS6 but in the end, it's going to be a lot of work and I wanted a complete car.

So, I'm very happy to have just purchased a 2006 Boss GT, and will be picking it up from the dealer out of state next week. The car is beautiful. It's a tribute to the 1970 Boss 302, a custom modification to a 2006 GT Premium. I have put up some photos here: www.jharbour.com/2006bossgt.mht. (IE6 required). I got the car for only a little more than the cost of a 2006 GT Premium, and I love the job they did on it, very tasteful IMO.

Congrats!!! Cobrafan :)

• 2 months later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ May 12 2006, 10:01 AM) 255[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Congrats!!! Cobrafan :)

Thank you! The good thing is you won't hear me complaining or ranting any more. :-)

Did you do the conversion or was it purchased as part of the car (turnkey)?

PS - Looks great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived