TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amy, send this pic over to Carroll...

Sssss

• 2 weeks later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amy B @ Apr 26 2006, 12:40 PM) 184[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

cool!

Thanks Amy,I sure would like too see those on the kr next year! Did you get my e-mail a while back on the subject?!

HI, I did get your PM, I have been behind in mail lately. We agree that the new shelby's should have that retro feel and incorporate styling q's from the past. Thats all I can say right now.

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ May 12 2006, 01:03 PM) 256[/snapback]

HI, I did get your PM, I have been behind in mail lately. We agree that the new shelby's should have that retro feel and incorporate styling q's from the past. Thats all I can say right now.

Amy

Amy,I love ya!! Thank you!! :D ;)

• 1 month later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ May 12 2006, 01:03 PM) 256[/snapback]

Amy

• 1 month later...

Not too mention the center exiting exhaust in back I put on there ,would be awesome looing too!!! ;)

The center exting exhaust perfectly compliments the retro rear. It is reminiscent of the '69-'70

Shelby exhaust but looks better than the old !

Tim

There are structural reasons why some of these things can't be done, or at least not done like they are in the picture. I like the look, though.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

There are structural reasons why some of these things can't be done, or at least not done like they are in the picture. I like the look, though.

-Rich Sparkman

Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Thanks for posting here!

Are you referring to the Thunderbird style Shelby tail lights ?

Tim

Yes. The trunk line on the vintage cars was above the taillights but the new model runs right through that area on each side. This is why none of the aftermarket companies out there offer T-bird style taillights for the new Mustang.

-Rich

Yes. The trunk line on the vintage cars was above the taillights but the new model runs right through that area on each side. This is why none of the aftermarket companies out there offer T-bird style taillights for the new Mustang.

-Rich

Rich,...Where there is a will,there is a way too redo the whole rear end look! My buddies new shelby came out great!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard for a while FoMoCo had prototype (surface mounted to keep body integrity) taillights like that using LEDs, but they encountered "some issues" and could not meet production deadlines. Not confirmed, just a fairly solid rumor. I know this is a nebulous answer, but that's all I got on this subject.

As far as the coupe on the left, that was a photoshop- very well done- that one enthusiast released as his "dream car". I think it was Burningman, for those of you familiar with his website. Great stuff...

• 1 month later...

I heard for a while FoMoCo had prototype (surface mounted to keep body integrity) taillights like that using LEDs, but they encountered "some issues" and could not meet production deadlines. Not confirmed, just a fairly solid rumor. I know this is a nebulous answer, but that's all I got on this subject.

As far as the coupe on the left, that was a photoshop- very well done- that one enthusiast released as his "dream car". I think it was Burningman, for those of you familiar with his website. Great stuff...

I talked with some SVT personnel when the 05 first came out and they did have LED versions they were testing but nothing concrete. I believe those chops were done by vyto, also frequents Brad's site with Burningman, as Burningman corrected me one time that they were not his. Although the two of them are so good it is hard to seperate each others work...or if they are real or not. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, they are both unbelievable when it comes to that stuff. Too bad that rear-end didn't make it to production, though....that was sweet. I remember also that the idea of cutting into the rear panel was tossed around (somewhere), but I know that creates a whole new set of structural (weakness) problems.

• 6 months later...

Archived