TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT 350?

carsona37

:blink: OK, I saw on another site that there are many rumors floating around about the reentry of the GT 350. Many questions about this. Is it a Shelby project? A ford project? MPH magazine apparently has a cover shot of a black and gold Mustang with a heading "Rent Me" - Here are some links to get you started. Appears to have the CS6 hood, and some parts from the SHELBY GT500.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/top/spy-photo...egas-165790.php

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ype=post&id=537

Amy? Anything?

:blink: OK, I saw on another site that there are many rumors floating around about the reentry of the GT 350. Many questions about this. Is it a Shelby project? A ford project? MPH magazine apparently has a cover shot of a black and gold Mustang with a heading "Rent Me" - Here are some links to get you started. Appears to have the CS6 hood, and some parts from the SHELBY GT500.

Amy? Anything?

well, I am still in NY and by now it's offical, we will do 500 for hertz. They are currently being made in las vegas.. We are very excited and as Carroll said in NY, it's only the beginning

Amy

OK, yup I saw the official press release on the main web site. Now the question that begs asking is any information about how/when they may be made available to the public? Or is that going to be left up to Hertz? What about SA offering kits to the general public to build the same car based upon the Hertz design? I am still pursuing the CS6 myself...gonna build it in stages...would still covet the dash plaque...any chance of having the car "certified" by SA when it reaches a certain stage? (Not necessarily numbered with a manufacturer's serial number, but a form of acknowledgment that the parts applied are genuine Shelby components?)

Drew

OK, yup I saw the official press release on the main web site. Now the question that begs asking is any information about how/when they may be made available to the public? Or is that going to be left up to Hertz? What about SA offering kits to the general public to build the same car based upon the Hertz design? I am still pursuing the CS6 myself...gonna build it in stages...would still covet the dash plaque...any chance of having the car "certified" by SA when it reaches a certain stage? (Not necessarily numbered with a manufacturer's serial number, but a form of acknowledgment that the parts applied are genuine Shelby components?)

Drew

Hehe...Drew...they've been tight lipped about that for a while now. :) You can get a cheesy "California Edition" package from Ford dealers for an 06 V6 with a dash plaque, but at least it's numbered. But I don't think that will make any difference without documentation. Every serious builder offers a build sheet...Saleen, Roush, SVT...but so far no word on the CS6...and probably will never be as long as it's only offered in a kit. But...is that really such a big deal? I mean, the CS6 is gorgeous...I especially like the front grille. Along with some of the other mods, this is a fantastic kit for a V6 Mustang.

Figure the cost of the FRPP kits ($1000+ each) added to a V8 Mustang, and you're in probably around $32k on a new GT. The CS6 smokes that, and adds the great-looking mods and Shelby logos. If I already owned a V6, I would definitely do it!

Hehe...Drew...they've been tight lipped about that for a while now. :) You can get a cheesy "California Edition" package from Ford dealers for an 06 V6 with a dash plaque, but at least it's numbered. But I don't think that will make any difference without documentation. Every serious builder offers a build sheet...Saleen, Roush, SVT...but so far no word on the CS6...and probably will never be as long as it's only offered in a kit. But...is that really such a big deal? I mean, the CS6 is gorgeous...I especially like the front grille. Along with some of the other mods, this is a fantastic kit for a V6 Mustang.

Figure the cost of the FRPP kits ($1000+ each) added to a V8 Mustang, and you're in probably around $32k on a new GT. The CS6 smokes that, and adds the great-looking mods and Shelby logos. If I already owned a V6, I would definitely do it!

there will be a lot of new offerrings from shelby in the near future, stay close

Amy

You can bet I will! But, that said, I will likely hold off my order so I can see what else is coming. Hate to do that, but with a limited budget for upgrades, I would hate to place my order today and then be kicking myself in a month or two when "A lot of new offerings" are made available. I am upgrading wheels and tires this week to the CS66 wheels and adding lowering springs. Will post pics when I get em. I also agree with CObRa fan that the CS6 front end looks fantastic. But I have to admit that I still prefer my stock rear fascia and single exhaust - although it's a give away that I have a V6, it looks slimmer than the GT and visually makes the rear of the car seem lower, even though it's higher off the ground than the GT ground FX. Also, I have chosen to keep my matte black side skirts for basically the same reason, makes the side profile look a bit slimmer (I noticed that the early proto GT500's also had black side skirts, splitter and rear ground FX) :P

Drew

UPDATE - 4/21/06 - I purchased and added the CS66 wheels, 18x9.5 in anthricite shod with BFG Rubber - looks great - will post pics next week just for fun. B)

Amy? Anything?

hi drew the MPH mag is the newly released hertz rent a car for 2006. It does have the cs 6 hood. Its a cool car, shelby is making 500 for hertz.

On the Gt 350 front, rumors are rumors, but we are working on a lot of cool things in partnership with Ford. Stay tuned

Amy

:D

Amy (and everyone else interested) -

Here is a current photo of my CS6C as I have dubbed it (CS6 Convertible) "Project car" - OK, so far only the CS66 18x9.5 rims with BFG G-Force TA's have been added...but I thought I would try and post for fun.

Drew

post-142-1130201604_thumb.jpg

On another note...anyone care to buy a bass boat? It would speed up my CS6 conversion process by freeing up more funds!!! :lol:

:D

Amy (and everyone else interested) -

Here is a current photo of my CS6C as I have dubbed it (CS6 Convertible) "Project car" - OK, so far only the CS66 18x9.5 rims with BFG G-Force TA's have been added...but I thought I would try and post for fun.

Drew

gt500_blue3.jpg

On another note...anyone care to buy a bass boat? It would speed up my CS6 conversion process by freeing up more funds!!! :lol:

very cool drew...don't worry, everybody starts somewhere....cool car!!! and red......it's already faster :lol:

Archived