TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS 6 Questions

DeLa1Rob

I thought I would start a thread for potential buyers of the CS6 to get answers for their questions.

I have several questions myself. I hope Amy or Gary or someone knowledgeable will answer.

1. Are the kits "Do-It-Yourself" or will Shelby Autos and their dealer network be doing the installation?
  2. With the extensive modifications being made, will Shelby Autos be issuing a MSO on this car?
  3. Will this conversion void the Ford warranty?
  4. Is there any warranty on the CS6? If so what are the details as far as scope and service?
  5. Can the conversion be done on a convertible? It seems it would only affect the LeMans stripe.
  6. Does it matter if the interior is cloth or leather for the interior upgrades?
  7. Are 20" wheels required with the upgraded brakes? Will 18" or 19" also work?
  8. The components list does not mention tires. Are these to be supplied by owner?
  9. There have been hints about upgrades to the Mustang GT and GT500 being made available. Can you give any details on what these upgrades would possibly be?

Knowledge is power. I would like to have as much information as possible before I commit to a purchase.

Thanks

robin

Great Questions Robin. I have been very interested in the news about the CS6, and am really perplexed as to whether the SVT GT500 or the CS6 is the more authentic Shelby. Frankly, I am a bit disappointed that Shelby Automobiles won't be installing the modifications...and I wonder too how the CS6 will be valued without having a numbered series of cars being produced.

I thought I would start a thread for potential buyers of the CS6 to get answers for their questions.

I have several questions myself. I hope Amy or Gary or someone knowledgeable will answer.

2. Are the kits "Do-It-Yourself" or will Shelby Autos and their dealer network be doing the installation?

3. With the extensive modifications being made, will Shelby Autos be issuing a MSO on this car?

4. Will this conversion void the Ford warranty?

5. Is there any warranty on the CS6? If so what are the details as far as scope and service?

6. Can the conversion be done on a convertible? It seems it would only affect the LeMans stripe.

7. Does it matter if the interior is cloth or leather for the interior upgrades?

8. Are 20" wheels required with the upgraded brakes? Will 18" or 19" also work?

9. The components list does not mention tires. Are these to be supplied by owner?

10. There have been hints about upgrades to the Mustang GT and GT500 being made available. Can you give any details on what these upgrades would possibly be?

Knowledge is power. I would like to have as much information as possible before I commit to a purchase.

Thanks

robin

Here is what I have right now......

1. Are the kits "Do-It-Yourself" or will Shelby Autos and their dealer network be doing the installation?
    We will not be able to do the installs right now, maybe in a couple of months. Our dealers , most can do installs or know someone who can. We also have a list of installers across the country to help you
  2. With the extensive modifications being made, will Shelby Autos be issuing a MSO on this car?
    There will never be an MSO on a car not bult here.
  3. Will this conversion void the Ford warranty?
    No, Most of the parts are Ford Racing, except the Supercharger. Paxton is working on their warrenty now.
  4. Is there any warranty on the CS6? If so what are the details as far as scope and service?
    We at Shelby will warranty our parts
  5. Can the conversion be done on a convertible? It seems it would only affect the LeMans stripe.
    It can be done on convertibles the stripes will not go on the roof.
  6. Does it matter if the interior is cloth or leather for the interior upgrades?
    No, this is an upgrade on your current car.
  7. Are 20" wheels required with the upgraded brakes? Will 18" or 19" also work?
    I will check this one.
  8. The components list does not mention tires. Are these to be supplied by owner?
    I believe the wheels are just the wheels. We ship the wheels only, there are many tires that will fit
  9. There have been hints about upgrades to the Mustang GT and GT500 being made available. Can you give any details on what these upgrades would possibly be?
    Right now, No, Sorry, there will be upgrades though.

We will do the best to answer everything

Amy

Thanks

robin

Great Questions Robin. I have been very interested in the news about the CS6, and am really perplexed as to whether the SVT GT500 or the CS6 is the more authentic Shelby. Frankly, I am a bit disappointed that Shelby Automobiles won't be installing the modifications...and I wonder too how the CS6 will be valued without having a numbered series of cars being produced.

The basics is that any car without being done by Shelby or Ford under license to Shelby is not the same. It is also not as costly. If you want a Shelby Built or authorized car, you will need to buy it from Ford or wait till we offer something you want other then a Cobra. The kits Are a way for people to get the Shelby authorized brand without paying for a full car or buying it all at once.

Amy

Thank you Amy for answering many of the questions.

You say that maybe in a few months that Shelby Autous will be doing installs. I would really like to have Shelby documentation for this car. Instead of a definitely maybe, can you give either a yes or no as to whether Shelby will be building these specialty Mustangs? Any one can own a Ford, but owning and driving a "true" Shelby is pure joy.

robin

Thank you Amy for answering many of the questions.

You say that maybe in a few months that Shelby Autous will be doing installs. I would really like to have Shelby documentation for this car. Instead of a definitely maybe, can you give either a yes or no as to whether Shelby will be building these specialty Mustangs? Any one can own a Ford, but owning and driving a "true" Shelby is pure joy.

robin

Hi Robin, there is no definative answer to give yet. We aren't sure, We are working thru a big project and not sure when and if we can. stay tuned here and we will post as soon as we know

Amy

B)-->

QUOTE(Amy B @ Mar 16 2006, 01:53 PM) 39[/snapback]

Here is what I have right now......

[*]Are 20" wheels required with the upgraded brakes? Will 18" or 19" also work?

I will check this one.

Amy, could you also give us the wheel offset? Thanks,

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The interior upgrades are only available with a full kit purchase. Perhaps that is the only way to get the rear faux gas cap also.

robin

Thanks Robin, you are correct. All emblems come only with the full kits.

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived