TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So would anybody change their mind if....

I got to wondering, if the KR will be just another bolt on job like the Hertz car is. Say just adding the FRPP parts and a limited SHELBY warrenty. I doubt that they could go all the way(Whipple) as Ford probably won't with the FRPP parts, and I don't feel like shipping my car a thousand miles for warrenty work. Maybe some kind of plaque or something but the cars would have to come from the production line first out of the allocated build numbers wouldn't they? :doh: Unless it has some real improvements I don't really think it would be a good idea to just pay the Shelby American folks to do bolt on installs(plus whatever premium they gin up to add his printed signature) Thoughts?

I got to wondering, if the KR will be just another bolt on job like the Hertz car is. Say just adding the FRPP parts and a limited SHELBY warrenty. I doubt that they could go all the way(Whipple) as Ford probably won't with the FRPP parts, and I don't feel like shipping my car a thousand miles for warrenty work. Maybe some kind of plaque or something but the cars would have to come from the production line first out of the allocated build numbers wouldn't they? :doh: Unless it has some real improvements I don't really think it would be a good idea to just pay the Shelby American folks to do bolt on installs(plus whatever premium they gin up to add his printed signature) Thoughts?

unless you think you are getting an "instant collectable" :hysterical: I think you are better off bolting on the pieces yourself. You have more control over the process, and it is unlikely that Ford (or shelby or whoever) will actually get rid of the issues associated with the throttle by wire and their very safe tune. I predict that even for those who do not modify their drivetrains, Ford will many times find a way to demonstrate that drivetrain problems are not covered under their warranty because of abuse. If you want to drive it hard, be willing to fix what breaks. Just part of the game of racing and performance. :play:

I suggested earlier thats what Shelby American probablywould do is add something along the lines as a FRPP kit and maybe a badge or two. I think that you might see the stuff people wanted on this car as options or mods done. Like the hood change and maybe trunk lettering. Nothing really to make it a warranty issue because as you say where you going to send it to have the warranty work done your Ford Dealer or Shelby American ? I'm guessing your local Ford dealer. I'd love to see Shelby take a standard GT500 and make it meaner and leaner. If its just some bolt ons its only a matter of time before they are out there for everyone to get at so why not do it on your own. I know some folks would want Shelby hands laying on the car which as you say is going to be a more expensive route and then how it gets there and how it gets to you and so forth will make it a situation that might have some trying to camp out in the parking lot in NV to make sure eveything is OK with their car :D

Some people justified ADM by the name being applied to this car and the hertiage and lineage that are associated with it. For those folks who based their pricing on that seeing a KR version might not sit to well now that their "instant collectible" may not be as instant as they had hoped. I think Ford and Shelby have kinda painted themselves into a corner. Yeah they need to offer a KR but what are they going to do is it looks based with alittle performance or like I hope its a leaner and meaner version thats got a focus on improving performance. Time will tell for sure :D

I think Ford and Shelby have kinda painted themselves into a corner. Yeah they need to offer a KR but what are they going to do is it looks based with alittle performance or like I hope its a leaner and meaner version thats got a focus on improving performance. Time will tell for sure :D

Especially as the "R" monicker has some currancy with existing Ford/SVT fans as well. Hate to see them through that in the tank as well. That letter means a lot to those who know....

Especially as the "R" monicker has some currancy with existing Ford/SVT fans as well. Hate to see them through that in the tank as well. That letter means a lot to those who know....

Good point, Jetsolver... I think whatever they do will be Ford serviceable (if Ford/Shelby choose to arrange that, which would make a whole lot of sense to me). There are also, Ive read, Ford-Shelby dealers, just like Ford-Roush and Ford-Saleen dealers but I'd bet not very many and the ones I've seen online are not connected to Ford and sell only CS Cobras.

It would be a shame if a GT500KR is not truly special.

(PS - JETSOLVER - re an earlier post discussion we had and that I can no longer find, here's a nice 427Roush small-block to that 500HP discussion, but it's carbureated. Roush Ford 427/550HP Smallblock )

<edit: PS>

Archived