TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I can still change the color of my ordered 07 GT..

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

I ordered black, but I saw alloy at a dealer this weekend and now am second guessing. What a nightmare. No matter which I pick, I'll probably regret and wish I got the other.

lame

I went to a Ford Dealer today and specifically looked at the Alloy color on the Ford 500.

In my opinion, it has much more pizazz than the black. The metallic in the paint really makes the color dance. Futhermore, you won't see swirls, spider webbing and dust like you would on ebony black.

It's going to be a very popular color. :rockon:

Lighter colors are easier to keep clean. Black is perfect if you love washing your car every day and don't mind having dust and pollen cling to it like a magnet five minutes after washing it. Alloy would be a better choice too, because it's a metallic. It would hide dust and pollen much better. Given your choices, that's the way to go. Besides, the car's features (ie grille, headlamps) stand out better with a color that contrasts with black, rather than gets absorbed by them.

Guest evilchris

Good Choice! There's no mistaking what year your car is with Alloy color. :rockon:

I hope so. I like it NOW but hope I will for a long time. I'll always like black. The dealer had a black 06 and an alloy 07 side by side, perfect for my decision making.

alloy alloy alloy alloy

Ah...but Black is bad to de bone!

I'll wash it every day - I'll put 10 coats of Zaino on it.

I'll blow dry it.

Kidding. :bandance:

I'm getting black for old time's sake.

My first Mustang was an '85 Black GT hatch - time to come home. :rockon:

Guest evilchris

Ah...but Black is bad to de bone!

I'll wash it every day - I'll put 10 coats of Zaino on it.

I'll blow dry it.

Kidding. :bandance:

I'm getting black for old time's sake.

My first Mustang was an '85 Black GT hatch - time to come home. :rockon:

I've owned my 92 LX 5.0 since new, it's black on black. Black owns. I am going to keep it, but remove the streetability and make it a 9 second car. But I'll still have it. Alloy for the daily driver =)

Guest evilchris

Are you putting any stripes on .....like over the top or on the sides?

negative. the only exterior mods im thinking of are GT-H ( CS6 ) hood, cervini grille ( GT-H grille ), and maybe Gt500 spoiler.

Archived