TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My interest in the SHELBY GT500 mustang derives from...

Im here because...  

55 members have voted

1. 1. My original interest in this car is because

• I am a huge Shelby fan and would have interest in any car associated with his history
    • I am a performance car fan and this looks like the car for the forseeable future
    • I am a performance car fan and this car is a lightening rod for other future cars of its ilk even if from other manufactureres
    • I am a performance car fan and the original suggestion of 475 horses for $40000 was directed at me!
    • I am a Ford fan and would buy a car like this no matter the name or platform
    • I am a Mustang fan and this is the best Mustang so it gets my interest
    • I am a SVT fan and this is the latest SVT so here I am
    • I am a brand X fan and intend that my manufacturer has something to allow me to compete at this level with so I need to keep an eye on the competition
    • I am a pimple faced kid with lofty goals and hope that this musclecar Renaissance will last until I can get rich from designing video games

We are muscle car and classic car fans. When the opportunity to purchase a Ford Shelby, of this magnitude, came along again, there was no doubt we would try to get one. We have ours on order............we may be downsizing the rest of the fleet to pay for it, but this car is the epitome of what cars should be. We aren't stupid rich, or smart rich, but we focus on using our buying power on something that will give us great pleasure..............and we personally are betting this car will not depreciate in value. If it does, so what, it will still give us great pleasure. Maybe it will be known as the car that woke up the car buying public and the manufacturers. This one is about quality as much as anything else.

Heal-toe on my 96 is sweet, but no such thing on my 04. As a Powerlease holder I was involved

in a survey to determine what SVT drivers where looking for in there new Cobra.

One of my suggestions was adjustable pedals.... I guess they didn't here me. :shift:

Interesting, thanks... can't wait for orangesnake to snap a few pix of the pedals and kneeroom in Amily's GT500 for us... I think he's gonna try to do that in the next few days.... hope it's improved....

Archived