TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My interest in the SHELBY GT500 mustang derives from...

Im here because...  

55 members have voted

1. 1. My original interest in this car is because

• I am a huge Shelby fan and would have interest in any car associated with his history
    • I am a performance car fan and this looks like the car for the forseeable future
    • I am a performance car fan and this car is a lightening rod for other future cars of its ilk even if from other manufactureres
    • I am a performance car fan and the original suggestion of 475 horses for $40000 was directed at me!
    • I am a Ford fan and would buy a car like this no matter the name or platform
    • I am a Mustang fan and this is the best Mustang so it gets my interest
    • I am a SVT fan and this is the latest SVT so here I am
    • I am a brand X fan and intend that my manufacturer has something to allow me to compete at this level with so I need to keep an eye on the competition
    • I am a pimple faced kid with lofty goals and hope that this musclecar Renaissance will last until I can get rich from designing video games

I checked the top one.

I had a 67 GT500 when I was a kid, (late 70's), blew the engine, didn't have the money to fix it so had to sell it. Then I went to college, married, started a family, and cool cars were the least of my worries. The 05 Mustang reignited my interest!

The letters SVT do nothing for me.

I might add that had I not gotten an MSRP deal, or the car was only slightly better than a GT, (which I have an 05 vert now), I would not be getting one.

I'll readily admit that my attchment to the car is mostly emotional, but objectively, I think the car is worth the price, but not much more.

I heard an analogy once:

If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

That's just my take on it. Not intended to belittle, although, given your history (here and on other boards back to at least 2004) you'll take it as such.

Guest evilchris

I heard an analogy once:

If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps is the one that got hit.

That's just my take on it. Not intended to belittle, although, given your history (here and on other boards back to at least 2004) you'll take it as such.

Funny, because I don't and have never worked in that industry. I believe an Internet sleuth googled my handle and found another evilchris, a QA guy at Bioware was it? There are lot using my handle:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=evilchris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evilchris

Seems I'm a producer as well! =)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/105508/

A writer!

These are funny too:

http://images.google.com/images?q=evilchri...sa=N&tab=wi

Look at the guy with the guitar, I even play guitar myself!

Keep the sleuthing up tho =) And no, it isn't belitting, it's just stupid because it is completely inaccurate. "Uh, I found a guy named evilchris who works at Bioware, it must be evilchris from here, heheheheh I think he has pimples too hohohohoho " It is amusing, however, that people like yourself and jetsolver continue to throw flames in, in interesting ways, to mitigate around the mods recents requests that you not do so. Please, continue on.

Guest evilchris

I think you are being tested? And every word you write is under Scrutiny! Think about it & play nice now. I'm trying too!

When a man doesn't admit he crossed the line sometimes he pays the price in the long run?

You still blew it on the identity =)

Hey! This was a thread wondering where all the interest in the damm car came from. The last one was intended to let honest kids anonymously let me know that they have an interest but no purchase capability. And it somehow got all full of crap! dude you have some issues with some people but that was not a shot across your bow if thats what your thinking. So if anyone has something to contribute to the thread please don't be put off by this :censored:

Need some info as to why folks are so passionate about this car. So have a look and I probably missed someting obvious so let me know.

I voted as a mustang fan and this is the most powerful! My '69 get's lots of looks and is a blast to drive, but with a 351W it doesn't even come close to the power of this GT500. To be honest, I just can't imagine what more than twice the HP and torque of my '69 will even feel like! Can't wait for it to arrive! :happy feet:

BTW I changed my avatar to indicate that my car is approaching but still not completely in sight (material hold...). :hysterical: It was one of the pictures from the Automobile mag. (July edition).

Your wording for the option I chose was "...best mustang..." It certainly is the most powerful, but the "best" is subjective. I still think the '69 boss 429 is the best. Just my opinion though... However, the price (MSRP) of this GT500 is better than the Boss.

...My '69 get's lots of looks and is a blast to drive, but with a 351W it doesn't even come close to the power of this GT500...

My wife used to have a Legend Lime '69 with a 351W. :beerchug:

She's got a '98 V6 right now...she sure misses the '69, but she can't wait to get her 07 GT500. :happy feet:

Getting a shelby (probably) because the car I really want, a 69 hurst olds, is starting to become impractical because of parts unavailability and its need for high octane leaded gas. I want a car I can drive, not one that has to sit in a garage and look pretty. If I ever get really wealthy, you can bet a hurst olds will be the first check written. I think having a shelby will be the same kind of rush as having the hurst olds, although I never had one, I did have a 69 and a 72 olds 442.

The "probably" part of this (for those who did not read my post last night) is because I am starting to sway a bit over to the dark side (Z06). The Z06 has a lot going for it, and I can just go out and buy one, and not have to dick around with dealers. I have a deal and a backup, but I am just weary of wondering if something or someone will screw up, and I have waited a couple of years (starting in Jan 05) for nothing.

"The "probably" part of this (for those who did not read my post last night) is because I am starting to sway a bit over to the dark side (Z06). The Z06 has a lot going for it, and I can just go out and buy one, and not have to dick around with dealers. I have a deal and a backup, but I am just weary of wondering if something or someone will screw up, and I have waited a couple of years (starting in Jan 05) for nothing." KCMO That is a shame. And the reason I am trying to get some info gathered about this. Fords shiny MBA's(who are probably getting more than NOTHING) are dropping the ball on the faithful here. I am however dissapointed in the results. Its anonymous folks. It may or may not make any kind of differance, but like voting for real if you don't express an opinion you really shouldn't bitch about the results.

Hey! This was a thread wondering where all the interest in the damm car came from. The last one was intended to let honest kids anonymously let me know that they have an interest but no purchase capability. And it somehow got all full of crap! dude you have some issues with some people but that was not a shot across your bow if thats what your thinking. So if anyone has something to contribute to the thread please don't be put off by this :censored:

JETSOLVER, he's the only one in here who could possibly assume you directed Q9 at him. I think you could add a post asking "what time is it?" and he'd think it was an attempt to synchronize a conspiracy to have him thrown out. Were it not for the fact that he litters the threads with misdirected hostility, it's kind of amusing. You know, as soon as I saw this poll (and I kid you not), my first reaction to Q9 is that EvilChris will think it's about him! Then again, maybe he does because the category fit -- only his dermatologist knows for sure :hysterical: <Chris, just a little humor here.>

EvilChris, I wish you could somehow understand that it's your own personality that makes things seem to you other than they are. That's fine with me -- everybody is different and worthy of respect -- that's not the problem. You just need to be a bit more tolerant and laid back and maybe give a good-will benefit-of-the-doubt to others. If that's not inside you, then all I can do is just wish you the best. Peace, my friend.

Btw, I answered poll as Q2 but there are pieces of me in most of the categories, but mostly it's 525 ponies in a dynamite-looking, gorgeous, 40-year retro stang that is also comfortable and well made -- oh, and did I mention 525HP!!! :)

I'm all about the mosr powerful Mustang ever. I find the fact that it;s a Shelby rather annoying b/c of all the hype it's generated. Guess I should have kept my ear closer to the ground. I probably would have gotten a Power Lease even though I had an '01 just to get a shot at this one.

I've wanted a new mustang for awhile this car is got some old style looks and its got a big powerplant. Its something I could enjoy having by the time I'd build a GT up I'd be in the price range of GT500 MSRP. I've always wanted a 67 Shelby this isn't the car I think Shelby himself who have done but its a nice tribute to him and what he did for the mustang. I'm waiting to see what shakes out with my dealer if I can get it great if not I'll wait and either get one later on or try in 2008. If none of that happens so be it I'll buy myself a lightning and maybe a SVT cobra

I've wanted a new mustang for awhile this car is got some old style looks and its got a big powerplant. Its something I could enjoy having by the time I'd build a GT up I'd be in the price range of GT500 MSRP. I've always wanted a 67 Shelby this isn't the car I think Shelby himself who have done but its a nice tribute to him and what he did for the mustang. I'm waiting to see what shakes out with my dealer if I can get it great if not I'll wait and either get one later on or try in 2008. If none of that happens so be it I'll buy myself a lightning and maybe a SVT cobra

THE TERMINATOR (04 Cobra) is an excellent buy if you can find one. I have knowledge

of one. If you are interested PM me :party: That last option was funny

Guest evilchris

THE TERMINATOR (04 Cobra) is an excellent buy if you can find one. I have knowledge

of one. If you are interested PM me :party:

Terms are awesome, I could just never stand the interiors on 94-04. Only thing that kept me from buying a terminator.

Guest evilchris

Meh, I'm sold on the whole package. If just the engine concerned me I'd keep driving Fox's, as 600HP is easy as pie.

Terms are awesome, I could just never stand the interiors on 94-04. Only thing that kept me from buying a terminator.

Yeah, and the driving position on my ('01) Cobra sucked (heal-toe and knees to steering column), but I loved the car otherwise. The new 'stang is just superior to the old one all the way around.... and a GT aluminum and '01 Cobra aluminum are about the same weight too. This new 'stang rocks! Orangesnake is going to take some pix over the weekend on pedal location and knee-to-column room. I'm expecting both will be better than the SN95s.

Yeah, and the driving position on my ('01) Cobra sucked (heal-toe and knees to steering column), but I loved the car otherwise. The new 'stang is just superior to the old one all the way around.... and a GT aluminum and '01 Cobra aluminum are about the same weight too. This new 'stang rocks! Orangesnake is going to take some pix over the weekend on pedal location and knee-to-column room. I'm expecting both will be better than the SN95s.

Heal-toe on my 96 is sweet, but no such thing on my 04. As a Powerlease holder I was involved

in a survey to determine what SVT drivers where looking for in there new Cobra.

One of my suggestions was adjustable pedals.... I guess they didn't here me. :shift:

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. :party: This is good stuff folks. I get the feeling this may have some interest twards future SE's as the majority so far are Mustang fans. I find the numbers VERY interesting.

Heal-toe on my 96 is sweet, but no such thing on my 04. As a Powerlease holder I was involved

in a survey to determine what SVT drivers where looking for in there new Cobra.

One of my suggestions was adjustable pedals.... I guess they didn't here me. :shift:

The 96-97 cars were essentially one build and had a different pedal set than the GT's. Requested and approved by some little Scottsman....goes by the name Jackie :o

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. :party: This is good stuff folks. I get the feeling this may have some interest twards future SE's as the majority so far are Mustang fans. I find the numbers VERY interesting.

For what it's worth...I think a nice variant would be a Mach or Boss in the 425 HP range, but weighing in around 3550 lbs. Base car with non-leather interior to reduce cost. The weight reduction could be accomplished with some of the reduced power levels (in other words, do you need a supercharger, more coolant for the huge radiator, and coolant for the air to water intercooler on a 425 HP engine?), non-Brembo brakes/roters to reduce cost and weight, and maybe even slightly smaller wheels/tires vs. the GT500.

A few other changes I'd like to see are (most of these changes would even be welcome on a future MY GT500):

• Make the mirrors body-colored

• Get rid of GG tax?

• Can we offer a full size spare option?

• Offer optional rear gear ratios

• I like the hockey puck stripe the old Boss had...bring it back!

• Have some optional body treatments, such as rear window louvers, side scoops, etc.

• I like the large "foglights" up high on the GT...can we move them back up vs. the small ones on the GT500?

• Sticker price around $34-36k (base)?

• Other two-tone color interior options...similar to what they're doing on base Mustangs now with the saddle color, etc?

Dave

For what it's worth...I think a nice variant would be a Mach or Boss in the 425 HP range, but weighing in around 3550 lbs. Base car with non-leather interior to reduce cost. The weight reduction could be accomplished with some of the reduced power levels (in other words, do you need a supercharger, more coolant for the huge radiator, and coolant for the air to water intercooler on a 425 HP engine?), non-Brembo brakes/roters to reduce cost and weight, and maybe even slightly smaller wheels/tires vs. the GT500.

A few other changes I'd like to see are (most of these changes would even be welcome on a future MY GT500):

• Make the mirrors body-colored

• Get rid of GG tax?

• Can we offer a full size spare option?

• Offer optional rear gear ratios

• I like the hockey puck stripe the old Boss had...bring it back!

• Have some optional body treatments, such as rear window louvers, side scoops, etc.

• I like the large "foglights" up high on the GT...can we move them back up vs. the small ones on the GT500?

• Sticker price around $34-36k (base)?

• Other two-tone color interior options...similar to what they're doing on base Mustangs now with the saddle color, etc?

Dave

Dave - Go and buy the Road & Track magazine thats on the shelf right now. This fall the Saleen dealers will be offering a Mustang Boss 302, they stated thta they are only going to build 1000 and its only avaliable in grabber orange. Its basically the car that you are describing above. However, sticker price is going to be $57,000.00 USD. Its a sweet looking car.

PS - Shelby my interest.

Archived