TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else gotten 'bucked'?

Sorry to ask a question I know has been answered before, but couldn't find an answer. My car's been bucked - what's that mean. Looks like I'll get bucked by the plant shutdown as I have a 7/16 leaving date.

When I called Customer Relations on June 15 to find out about my Mustang GT, I was told it was 'Bucked'. My car was built the next day (June 16). I'm not exactly sure of what this means but my guess is that the platform for my car was placed on a buck (type of carrier) in preparation for assembly the next day.

Like I said, it's just a guess.

Chip in SC

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm still trying to figure whether this car is still just a box of parts sitting out on the loading dock in the rain, or what.

Last week I was told by two reps that it was 'in production'. Monday I was given Blend and Schedule dates of 6/19. I don't have a scheduled production date, but I do have a Leaving date. I would have thought the car was already in the computers last week. still not sure I understand what's already happened or what will happen by close of business Friday when the plant shuts down for two weeks.

Sorry to ask a question I know has been answered before, but couldn't find an answer. My car's been bucked - what's that mean. Looks like I'll get bucked by the plant shutdown as I have a 7/16 leaving date.

Bucked actually means that its in the metal stamping stage. Its the first stop. Your car is actually being made at that point.

The term may be related to 'bucking hay' which is picking up the hay from the field after it's been bailed. Once a Shelby is finished it is 'bucked' or loaded on the truck. Maybe :shrug:

I bucked hay one summer when I was a kid. Worst :censored: job I ever had.

Worst job? How about this one? Ruf, you gonna tell me to back away from the syringe? :hysterical:

post-3382-1151516883_thumb.jpg

post-3382-1151516883_thumb.jpg

Worst job? How about this one? Ruf, you gonna tell me to back away from the syringe? :hysterical:

ya think TP would work straightening out renegging dealers? After all it does clean a$$holes! :hysterical:

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm still trying to figure whether this car is still just a box of parts sitting out on the loading dock in the rain, or what.

Last week I was told by two reps that it was 'in production'. Monday I was given Blend and Schedule dates of 6/19. I don't have a scheduled production date, but I do have a Leaving date. I would have thought the car was already in the computers last week. still not sure I understand what's already happened or what will happen by close of business Friday when the plant shuts down for two weeks.

I'd bet the next thing you hear (this week??) is 'shipped' -- you're home free, my friend! congrats!!! That is if it falls off the end by friday (I'm guessing it already has and is getting stripes and then shipper consignment -- I think you'll have an update in the next couple of days -- just a hunch.... (hope so) Good luck!

68FB -

I like the way you think. I'll be calling for an update today, of course. However, my 'leaving' day is currently 7/16, so I suppose the car will be sitting in an open lot with seagulls and pigeons crapping on it for two weeks before the plant opens again. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks.

The term may be related to 'bucking hay' which is picking up the hay from the field after it's been bailed. Once a Shelby is finished it is 'bucked' or loaded on the truck. Maybe :shrug:

I bucked hay one summer when I was a kid. Worst :censored: job I ever had.

Well, 68FB, guess your optimisim was better than my realism. Car was released from the plant 6/27 for the striping work. Arrival date to the dealer now moved forward to 7/14. I have a way of tracking it once the railroad accepts it or schedules the onload, so it looks like it will clear Flat Rock before the plant closing.

Well, 68FB, guess your optimisim was better than my realism. Car was released from the plant 6/27 for the striping work. Arrival date to the dealer now moved forward to 7/14. I have a way of tracking it once the railroad accepts it or schedules the onload, so it looks like it will clear Flat Rock before the plant closing.

Is your way of tracking the car once the railroad accepts it or schedules the onload availabe to anyone or do you have friends in the right places.

If this info is available to anyone, please share! I'm sure there are many who would like tohave this type of info to be able to follow their car to the dealership. :bandance:

GT500HP -

As soon as I hit 'sent' I knew that question would come up. My wife works for the railroad, for which I am eternally grateful since it qualifies me for X-Plan, so she can track it for her railroad (NS). I think it involves a friend who makes the enquiry for her. I think that would make it a non-public deal. I'll ask, but she probably wouldn't want to ask too many times. Write your VIN and dealer name on the back of a hundred dollar bill and I'll see what I can do. Seriously, though, I don't think the info is widely available but I'll ask.

My GT 500 has been waiting to be striped since the 20th. As of now it still sits. Let us know if your car does ship.

Cruizer -

Sure. Seems odd your car would sit while others are moving through. Could someone have misread the codes? Every time I call Ford C/S I seem to get different answers, then just this week things began hopping. C/S told me this morning the car was released from the factory, I learned through the railroad it was completed two days ago - yet C/S told be yesterday it was bucked. Gotta think it's further along than you think.

Outstanding! I thought so... :happy feet:

I thought I read somewhere that GT500s will not go by rail... but I could be wrong... but the 7/14 date sounds right given 6/26 in any event. Congratulations!!!!!

68FB -

Thanks, brother. Gettin' harder not to smile now. Pretty sure the 'no GT500s going by rail' was bum gouge. I expect to know the number of the rail car it's going on in the next day or so. Crazy, I know.

That would be great to know (by rail info). Also, it would be great for you save any RR waybill as part of the provenance of the car... will be kinda unique since virtually no one else will have such info.. very cool!

Good luck Three Cobras!

68 FB -

Of course, the downside of knowing too much is when you see that front page photo of a train derailment and you can read all but the last two digits of the wrecked rail car reporting number in the photo - and it matches yours. Jeez, don't cha hate that.

Thanks for the good words. Maybe I should dust the interior of the car for fingerprints and run background checks . . . . Might make for an interesting book following the story of a bunch of parts in a box sitting in the rain onthe loading dock up to the burnout leaving the dealer. Maybe I could call it the 'Best Buck Ever'.

Archived