TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000 shortage or Material Shortage?

Guest evilchris

Because the Shaker 1000 takes up half the trunk there are issues to deal with,

what, I don't know but I changed mine to not be delayed :shift:

That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

We're not 100% sure about this Shaker1000, but we THINK it's a mounting issue.

My shelby shows a material hold and I don't have the shaker 1000. My dealer said when he ordered his personal GT40 that it showed material hold till the date it was built. I've read some stuff posted here about material hold but it doesn't sound right for my application.

Red/silver coupe with crimson interior and sat radio and int upgrade pkgs.

My shelby shows a material hold and I don't have the shaker 1000. My dealer said when he ordered his personal GT40 that it showed material hold till the date it was built. I've read some stuff posted here about material hold but it doesn't sound right for my application.

Red/silver coupe with crimson interior and sat radio and int upgrade pkgs.

It might be the roof stripes.

It might be the roof stripes.

It might be the roof stripes, if the vehicle has been produced already.

btw... the shaker 1000 does not take up half the trunk. just (aprox) an additional 12"x10"x20" (my estimate from what I have seen in a an 06 Mustang GT.)

I was told today the Shaker 1000 is only a problem at this point

on the convertible. Has anyone heard the difference between the 500 and 1000 and is it worth

the $1295 and possible holdup? RM

I was told today the Shaker 1000 is only a problem at this point

on the convertible. Has anyone heard the difference between the 500 and 1000 and is it worth

the $1295 and possible holdup? RM

I have not heard it myself but a few posts have revealed to me

that it is not worth the $$$ let alone space issues, delays..

I have heard the 500 and at max it is good enough.

Besides I love listening to that motor sing so much in

my 04 I can't wait to hear that 5.4 4v :shift:

I have not heard it myself but a few posts have revealed to me

that it is not worth the $$$ let alone space issues, delays..

I have heard the 500 and at max it is good enough.

Besides I love listening to that motor sing so much in

my 04 I can't wait to hear that 5.4 4v :shift:

We are off material hold!!! :cheerleader: Our torch red/performance white stripes, upgraded interior, Shaker 1000, Sirius coupe is scheduled for production the week of 7/24/06. We were to be the first to order from our dealership May20th, and the guy who ordered his Vista Blue/Performance White stripe/Shaker 500/Upgraded Interior coupe is scheduled for a build the week of July 17th. :shrug: That sucks, but we'll wait a week for the one we ordered instead of taking this guy's car away from him! :party: It seems like there are no problems with the Shaker 1000 at this point.

We did sit in a GT with a Shaker 500 and then one with a Shaker 1000...I was sold in about 10 seconds. It is a lot of money for a stereo, but then again this is a lot of money for a Mustang!

We are off material hold!!! :cheerleader: Our torch red/performance white stripes, upgraded interior, Shaker 1000, Sirius coupe is scheduled for production the week of 7/24/06. We were to be the first to order from our dealership May20th, and the guy who ordered his Vista Blue/Performance White stripe/Shaker 500/Upgraded Interior coupe is scheduled for a build the week of July 17th. :shrug: That sucks, but we'll wait a week for the one we ordered instead of taking this guy's car away from him! :party: It seems like there are no problems with the Shaker 1000 at this point.

We did sit in a GT with a Shaker 500 and then one with a Shaker 1000...I was sold in about 10 seconds. It is a lot of money for a stereo, but then again this is a lot of money for a Mustang!

Thanks for the feedback. I can't see trying to update the

stereo later. Like you said its alot of $$$ anyway so the

$1295 is better than cutting holes and running wires. I

saw enough of that back in the early 70's. RM

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the coupes scheduling with the Shaker 1000. But still have seen no verts scheduled with it.

This was posted today by Robert: "...2007 Shelby GT500 convertibles ordered with the Shaker 1000 sound system are being delayed for several months before they can be built."

Just talked to another GT500 Bro and seems his is also on material hold.

But his deal is the over the top stripes, I hope this helps :finger:

Hi, mine was built 6/27/06 and is still sitting in AAI's parking lot waiting for stripes! I wish I had deleted the stripes and then had painted stripes put on professionaly by my local Custom Auto Painting shop, they would have sanded the clear/painted stripes/apply clear and car would look much better up close and I would not have to worry about the tape stripes drying out and cracking!. Oh well, hind sight is always 20/20 but you guys that have not placed order and have about 3K to have real stripes put on your car might think twice.

I can conferm this fact: My 500 vert just arrived :happy feet: without the Shaker 1000 system that I ordered, and Ford made the change without consulting me about it. To be truthful, I could care less about it. I'm glad that Ford just went ahead and built the car and did not hold it up waiting for a redesign of the speaker box. I will very surprised if anyone getting a convertible will get a 1000 system, at least during the first production run.

I can conferm this fact: My 500 vert just arrived :happy feet: without the Shaker 1000 system that I ordered, and Ford made the change without consulting me about it. To be truthful, I could care less about it. I'm glad that Ford just went ahead and built the car and did not hold it up waiting for a redesign of the speaker box. I will very surprised if anyone getting a convertible will get a 1000 system, at least during the first production run.

Congratulations Son of GT!! They actually did you a big favor because the Shaker 1000 in the Verts will be delayed months based on a link Robert posted to a recent Ford statement.

I'm sure you're post some pix when you get a chance :) please ....

• 2 months later...

Congratulations Son of GT!! They actually did you a big favor because the Shaker 1000 in the Verts will be delayed months based on a link Robert posted to a recent Ford statement.

I'm sure you're post some pix when you get a chance :) please ....

Anyone got an update on whether the Shaker 1000 is still an issue with the convert? The last post here was July....so I'm hoping someone has gotten theirs by now..

Got a vert on order with the 1000 that is supposed to be in line in Nov or Dec.....but I'm not holding my breath, esp. after reading all the post to this site....kinda discouraging really.

I have the shaker 1,000 and thick it is worth every cent. My buddy has the 500, and he was trying to alk me out of ordering it. Once he tried his favorite CD in mine, he was sold. It is not too bassy as the old Mach 1000 was. It has crisp bass and plenty of highs.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got an update on whether the Shaker 1000 is still an issue with the convert? The last post here was July....so I'm hoping someone has gotten theirs by now..

Got a vert on order with the 1000 that is supposed to be in line in Nov or Dec.....but I'm not holding my breath, esp. after reading all the post to this site....kinda discouraging really.

I talked with my dealer a week or two ago and was told the Shaker 1000 was off hold on the vert and would be scheduled soon. I talked to him today and he said it just went back on hold again with an expected release date of January!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine ordered a vert with the Shaker 1000. It came in last month with the 500. He was some mad. Ford went ahead with the 500 after he told them he was willing to wait. It took about a week of phone calls until Ford decided to give his dealer another convertible allocation so he can get what he wants. If he wanted to take the Shaker 500 he could have had the car months ago. We were some upset after waiting all summer for a ride in this car. Oh well have to wait until spring now, hear we may get some snow tomorrow.

A friend of mine ordered a vert with the Shaker 1000. It came in last month with the 500. He was some mad. Ford went ahead with the 500 after he told them he was willing to wait. It took about a week of phone calls until Ford decided to give his dealer another convertible allocation so he can get what he wants. If he wanted to take the Shaker 500 he could have had the car months ago. We were some upset after waiting all summer for a ride in this car. Oh well have to wait until spring now, hear we may get some snow tomorrow.

I posted this Oct. 9th on the GT500 gathering place board & it still holds true today. Look for the issues to be resovled starting with JOB2 cars in December.

----------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with Ralph at the AAI plant & while I was inquiring about my build date (which is still set for next week) I asked if their were any material holds that he knew of for the Coupe or Convertibe GT500's?

Coupes NO!

Convertibles YES!

I asked if it had had to do with the Shaker 1000 & he said you got it. I asked what the actual hold was for & it was really quite simple.....

The shaker 1000 is the same unit for the Coupe as it is for the Convertible, but when the cars are put thru testing (flexing of the chassis) the brackets that are used for mounting are breaking & allowing the sub-woofer to come loose in the trunk in the convertible models only. He said the Verts have a little more flex to them & thats all it takes to break the mounting brackets based on where its mounted. They are currently re-engineering new brackets & testing them to make sure the problem is fixed before resuming production with that option.

So if you ordered a Convetrtible with the Shaker 1000 & you can't wait, I would call your dealer today & say change the order to the Shaker 500 so your car can be built faster or sooner rather than later.

Also he metioned that they only make 50 SHELBY's a day with only (2) 8hr shifts.

Hope this helps answer some nagging questions that we have been speculating about for sometime now.

I posted this Oct. 9th on the GT500 gathering place board & it still holds true today. Look for the issues to be resovled starting with JOB2 cars in December.

----------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with Ralph at the AAI plant & while I was inquiring about my build date (which is still set for next week) I asked if their were any material holds that he knew of for the Coupe or Convertibe GT500's?

Coupes NO!

Convertibles YES!

I asked if it had had to do with the Shaker 1000 & he said you got it. I asked what the actual hold was for & it was really quite simple.....

The shaker 1000 is the same unit for the Coupe as it is for the Convertible, but when the cars are put thru testing (flexing of the chassis) the brackets that are used for mounting are breaking & allowing the sub-woofer to come loose in the trunk in the convertible models only. He said the Verts have a little more flex to them & thats all it takes to break the mounting brackets based on where its mounted. They are currently re-engineering new brackets & testing them to make sure the problem is fixed before resuming production with that option.

So if you ordered a Convetrtible with the Shaker 1000 & you can't wait, I would call your dealer today & say change the order to the Shaker 500 so your car can be built faster or sooner rather than later.

Also he metioned that they only make 50 SHELBY's a day with only (2) 8hr shifts.

Hope this helps answer some nagging questions that we have been speculating about for sometime now.

Great news from the inside. So 50 cars a day roll out of that plant, or about 3 every hour. In the Sept. issue of Motor Trend a journalist got to tour the factory and film his Mustang GT get built. He documented the hole build in a really cool article. The Build started at 8:50pm and was finished at 3:20am. The Mustang was built in 6 hours and 10 minutes. Done Done.

Great news from the inside. So 50 cars a day roll out of that plant, or about 3 every hour. In the Sept. issue of Motor Trend a journalist got to tour the factory and film his Mustang GT get built. He documented the hole build in a really cool article. The Build started at 8:50pm and was finished at 3:20am. The Mustang was built in 6 hours and 10 minutes. Done Done.

:nonono: Their is NO WAY his car got built in 6 Hrs & 10 mins!

All cars come off the line at the same rate & that is 23.7 hours per car & with them only working (2) eight hour shifts (16 Hours in a day) it would have taken 2 1/2 shifts worth of production. Once again even a bone head M-T journalist doesn't even bother to get real facts before sending it to print.

If you don't beleive me go back to www.boldmoves.com & watch the 1st Shelby (JOB1 #6780) come off the line & listen to them say that it must not take any longer to produce this car then ANY OTHER car. :doh:

:nonono: Their is NO WAY his car got built in 6 Hrs & 10 mins!

All cars come off the line at the same rate & that is 23.7 hours per car & with them only working (2) eight hour shifts (16 Hours in a day) it would have taken 2 1/2 shifts worth of production. Once again even a bone head M-T journalist doesn't even bother to get real facts before sending it to print.

If you don't beleive me go back to www.boldmoves.com & watch the 1st Shelby (JOB1 #6780) come off the line & listen to them say that it must not take any longer to produce this car then ANY OTHER car. :doh:

Maybe they were just talking final assembly?

Archived