TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions For a future purchase

call911fm

OK guys here i am again with the following dumb questions that i know you guys can answer . :shrug::woohoo:

when you order a new 2007 gt with rally stripes , does that come from the factory or is that a dealer add on ?

i am thinking of putting in the cdc shaker system and was wondering if it is worth the money and the trouble and also if anyone has any problems with it ?

and my last question.... i have seen several different opinions about the shaker 1000 system, is it worth the extra 1200.00 or should i just get the basic and put in after-market stuff , i'm not a big bass thumper but do enjoy the sound of a nice kick drum from the back !

thanks for all your help ! this site makes all us new buyers feel more at ease with making really big decisons . It's an investment that i will keep for many years and i just want to get what I want and not have to SETTLE like i have done in the past .

thanks again

Phil C

Dream car

2007 mustang gt premium vista blue with white alloy stripes :woohoo:

automatic

18" polished aluminum bullits

shaker 1000

cdc shaker system

more to come later ( if my wife lets me ) :banghead:

and my last question.... i have seen several different opinions about the shaker 1000 system, is it worth the extra 1200.00 or should i just get the basic and put in after-market stuff , i'm not a big bass thumper but do enjoy the sound of a nice kick drum from the back !

Phil, in my opinion it is not worth the money and it is not worth the lost trunk space...Not to mention not worth the two month delay if you ordered a Shelby...

Phil, in my opinion it is not worth the money and it is not worth the lost trunk space...Not to mention not worth the two month delay if you ordered a Shelby...

thanks flash.... nope no shelby

i have heard the same from several about the system and your right about the trunk space hardly any without the box in the back .

thanks for the imput !

phil

I test drove an '07 GT yesterday that had the Shaker 1000. It was $1775 or so as an option. :banghead:

so what did you think ruf ? was it worth the extra 1700 ? :doh:

also does anyone know the stripe question ? :sos:

do they put the stripes on after you get the car or can they do that at the factory ? :shrug:

thanks again

Phil C :banghead:

Hi Phil -

Sound systems are very subjective. I hardly every play my stereo, so I wouldn't order the 1000.

My guess is that those who want big sounds will opt to put in their own systems.

Best thing - find one and listen for yourself. :shift:

do they put the stripes on after you get the car or can they do that at the factory ? :shrug:

They do not put them on the line. I know that 07 SHELBY has answered this question on stangsunleashed before (he works on the line). Now, whether or not they put them on "post facto" at the factory, or if they allow the dealer to put them on, I do not know. I want to say I remember them saying that they were done at the factory, just not while on the assembly line...Do a PM to 07 Shelby, and he should know definitively.

The stripes are a dealer-installed item. I never have liked the Ford stripes, the Mustang needs stripes that extend all the way down the bumpers.

I think the only difference between the Shaker 500 and 1000 is the speaker box. Personally I think the 500 in my '05 sounds great, I would rather have the 500, the extra trunk space and the cash in my pocket than the 1000!

On the CDC shaker setup, it's a very nice quality piece. It is nearly worthless as a performance mod, the net gain is only 1 or 2 hp due to the long routing from the scoop to the intake box. Also you're supposed to use your stock airbox with it. I think it looks great with the hood closed and not-so-great with the hood open. It covers up too much of the motor and adds too much extra plumbing.

Archived