TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st indy gt500

indymustang

post-6111-1151380378_thumb.jpgWell the 1st in Indianapolis and as our dealership says...

Maybe the the 1st GT500 to be delivered in Indiana and maybe in the country....

Well bro and I took it for a drive.......

guess who drove it first (ladies first).....what an awesome, sweet piece of machinery....

What an exciting day off ..... I get them hot keys in my hands tomorrow at 3:00p.m.

Took greeeeeeaaaaaaaat outdoor pictures.....I'm trying to figure out how to attach them.

(Sorry for sideways and upside down pictures)

Brother "Orange" is in one and I'm behind the wheel in another. :shift:

Sorry for some reason the pictures didn't all get downloaded correctly, i'll have bro download them tomorrow.

post-6111-1151380378_thumb.jpg

I am very excited for you - can't wait to hear about the experience driving all day, sounds, power, etc. If only they would bring more in to Indy so I could order mine at the right price. Congrats it is a beautiful ride.

I'm half tempted to drive straight down I-69 to come a see it. Are you going to the F1 race with it?

Here's a question? Did she have to fill out any paperwork for Shelby Certification or get any Shelby paperwork or certificates when she got?

post-6111-1151380378_thumb.jpgWell the 1st in Indianapolis and as our dealership says...

guess who drove it first (ladies first).....what an awesome, sweet piece of machinery....

What an exciting day off ..... I get them hot keys in my hands tomorrow at 3:00p.m.

Took greeeeeeaaaaaaaat outdoor pictures.....I'm trying to figure out how to attach them.

Sorry for some reason the pictures didn't all get downloaded correctly, i'll have bro download them tomorrow.

Indymustang,

OK girl please post more pics, :cheerleader: or get your bro Orangsnake to do it.

He's not driving! :hysterical: Tell us what you like most about it, what stands out

in your thoughts the most.

OMG!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

You're the first I've heard of (what an honour)

Give us everything you got, if you can get video with sound...PLEASE!!!

I can't call you Indy, reminds me of a dirty, scruffy guy in a hat with a bullwhip,

so what do we call you??? You're everymans' dream girl now!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

OMG!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

You're the first I've heard of (what an honour)

Give us everything you got, if you can get video with sound...PLEASE!!!

I can't call you Indy, reminds me of a dirty, scruffy guy in a hat with a bullwhip,

so what do we call you??? You're everymans' dream girl now!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

First On Race Day :hysterical:

CONGRATS!!!!

Thats awesome!

More Pics please!

Cheers,

Requis

CONGRATS!!!!

Thats awesome!

More Pics please!

Cheers,

Requis

Thanks everyone,

What an awsome sweet ride. :shift:

The dealership confirmed that my car was the first shipped to Indiana....they could not believe it. :bandance: They are trying to confirm it was the first one delivered in the country. :happy feet:

I was never a car fanatic..... but my vista blue shelby won me over..... IT IS SHARP....AND THE RIDE SOOO

SMOOTH.... from first to sixth :shift:

EVERYONE WHO ORDERED one WILL BE GLAD THEY DID....EVEN IF YOU PAY A FEW EXTRA.

See my brother's , Orangesnake, comments under the post "vista blue gt500 is in...... he will download pics on a cd tonight then post under vista blue gt 500 is in.

I am not prone to jealousy, and thought I had this beat :baby: but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!++ :bandance: :bandance: The car is stunning and it sounds like your going to enjoy it as it was meant to enjoyed ; On the road! Now get out there and polish the oval. For the next while YOU are the belle of the ball and should get used to your new clebrity status. Pretty cool huh? B) And this one :bowdown:

Here's a question? Did she have to fill out any paperwork for Shelby Certification or get any Shelby paperwork or certificates when she got the car?

Here's a question? Did she have to fill out any paperwork for Shelby Certification or get any Shelby paperwork or certificates when she got the car?

They did not give me any certificates or have me fill out any paperwork for certification. Was I supposed to get something for certtification? They got their check....and I got the keys. The only thing that will serve as proof of the purchase is the invoice and the window sticker.

They did not give me any certificates or have me fill out any paperwork for certification. Was I supposed to get something for certtification? They got their check....and I got the keys. The only thing that will serve as proof of the purchase is the invoice and the window sticker.

Have you gotten any reaction from Joe Public about the car? Any acknowledgement that it's a Shelby? Curious. Thanks and Congrats!

Have you gotten any reaction from Joe Public about the car? Any acknowledgement that it's a Shelby? Curious. Thanks and Congrats!

Hello Indymustang or Orangesnake. Any feedback? Indystang probably hasn't gotten out of her Shelby, since she bought it, to Post! :shift:

I wouldn't either!!!

Maybe we need to get her a portable wireless laptop.

That way we'd all be happy.

I want video with sound!!!

I want to hear that engine!!!

KingCobra.

Hello Indymustang or Orangesnake. Any feedback? Indystang probably hasn't gotten out of her Shelby, since she bought it, to Post! :shift:

Hello Its been crazy at the restaurant due to the holiday travel season and Amily actually hasnt driven the car much. She is busy doing appraisals for a big project. I will tell you this. People do notice the Shelby and it grabs attention where it goes. The general public seems to know about it. Its one of those fast cars as they say. Well its late and these next 4 or 5 days are some of my busiest at the restaurant. Everyone have a great holiday week.

Hello Its been crazy at the restaurant due to the holiday travel season and Amily actually hasnt driven the car much. She is busy doing appraisals for a big project. I will tell you this. People do notice the Shelby and it grabs attention where it goes. The general public seems to know about it. Its one of those fast cars as they say. Well its late and these next 4 or 5 days are some of my busiest at the restaurant. Everyone have a great holiday week.

Orangesnake, I appreciate all the pics and everything but for some reason your holding out on any important info that alot of us would really appreciate like ; DOES ANY PAPERWORK TELL YOU WHAT # YOUR CAR WAS OFF ASSEMBLY LINE EXAMPLE; #22 OF 9000. IS THERE A BUILD SHEET HIDDEN IN THE BUMPER? DID YOU FILL OUT PAPER WORK TO REGISTER WITH SHELBY AMERICA? THINGS LIKE THAT.

I think a Ford rep said (somewhere) that the sequence information (e.g.#22) will be handled like the Cobras -- at some point you'll be able to request (but I have no first-hand info).

Amily -- good luck, girl!!! you are sooo lucky --- enjoy! ...and the vista blue looks great (very similar to my 68 gunmetal blue)!

:happy feet:

I think a Ford rep said (somewhere) that the sequence information (e.g.#22) will be handled like the Cobras -- at some point you'll be able to request (but I have no first-hand info).

Amily -- good luck, girl!!! you are sooo lucky --- enjoy! ...and the vista blue looks great (very similar to my 68 gunmetal blue)!

:sos:

Hello friends, I have been out of touch for a while, I've kind of been bogged down with work as brother explained. The sales manager called me on Friday to see if everything was cool with the car. I also asked him about certificates and etc. He said more than likely the certificates will be coming directly from Ford.

If anyone has time---and you have your VIN# already, try calling Ford customer service and see how the last six numbers correspond to a number series for the shelby. Let us know what you find out. :happy feet:

No pics? Hmph.

No pics? Hmph.

CrazyHorse,

If you go under "topic starter" "orangesnake" (that is my brother)..... and then go to Amily's (sis) vista blue shelby goes home.... well you'll be able to see some pictures there... i hope that makes your day till you get your shelby...good luck :bandance: :shift:

CrazyHorse,

If you go under "topic starter" "orangesnake" (that is my brother)..... and then go to Amily's (sis) vista blue shelby goes home.... well you'll be able to see some pictures there... i hope that makes your day till you get your shelby...good luck :bandance: :shift:

Tough crowd here Amy. You really are the "chosen one" and its gotten some noses out of joint. I think its perfect however. Just as an aside I am very curious as to what sort of fuel consumption you think your getting. I don't need a hyper acurrate number just a sense of things. Thanks, and drive on. :shift:

:happy feet:

:sos:

Hello friends, I have been out of touch for a while, I've kind of been bogged down with work as brother explained. The sales manager called me on Friday to see if everything was cool with the car. I also asked him about certificates and etc. He said more than likely the certificates will be coming directly from Ford.

If anyone has time---and you have your VIN# already, try calling Ford customer service and see how the last six numbers correspond to a number series for the shelby. Let us know what you find out. :happy feet:

Indystang,

according to Robertlanes post, yours slipped through the cracks to make it to you :hysterical:

one VIP car in So. Calif. I hope you have been trying your luck elsewhere, cause baby you

are THE CHOSEN ONE :roses:

Cert.s will come in about 2 months, if my memory serves me right, then again I still have PSDS.

:wacko:

So, the big question is what range did the Shelby cost? Dealers in Atlanta say $15k over MSRP.....$60K ?

MustangGT66 :sos:

It would be nice if you had an idea what the dealers were doing...Here the dealers are going to make us bid on the cars and it will go to the highest bidder. I guess if you are a working man being first on the list means nothing because you will get out bid. I will most likely have to wait till next year.

Archived