TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOLY MUSTANG HEAVEN! THIS IS WHAT THE BOSS SHOULD LOOK LIKE OMG!

stangman7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you not like quarter scoops like these

You certainly have a beautiful Boss 429, but I personally prefer no quarter scoops. Obviously, you prefer them on your Boss. All I would suggest is that Ford offer the scoops as a no-cost option for anyone who prefers them and allow the buyer to determine which look they prefer that way everyone wins.

You certainly have a beautiful Boss 429, but I personally prefer no quarter scoops. Obviously, you prefer them on your Boss. All I would suggest is that Ford offer the scoops as a no-cost option for anyone who prefers them and allow the buyer to determine which look they prefer that way everyone wins.

The fact is the side scoops are one of the defining characteristrics of the 69 Boss 429 along with the 4 headlights and body color hood scoop.Yes I like them,and if they build a Boss with an engine worthy of the title Boss 429 I would want the quarter scoops.However,if all we get is a stripe package and a stock 4.6 it won't matter to me .

You all are proving one point about the Mustang that made it famous. Choices!!!!

Make it the way you want it and enjoy the hell out of it. Boss, Shelby, GT, Coupe, Convertible or Fastback,

they are all awesome cars called a MUSTANG!!!

How about the Boss 329 doesn't get them and the DOHC Hurricane gets them? :party:

We should be so lucky!

• 1 month later...

We can build you one ,to schedule call Mustang 69 at 248-668-0821 if you are serious ,69 side scoops or 70 style with no side scoops. It takes 10 days. Reliable Carriers will ship it to your door step.

Just curious, what do you ship? Those hips/scoops look like the rear quarters. Or are you saying you build to whole car? In which case can I have one with scoops and a DOHC big block <lol> or a 5.0L Cammer and no side-scoops?

Btw, your sense of styling is awesome! That car should be shown at SEMA. If that's already the plan, will it be at your own booth or in the Ford corral? I'll be there to see it firsthand. (please don't tell me you won't be at SEMA :cry: )

;)

Just curious, what do you ship? Those hips/scoops look like the rear quarters. Or are you saying you build to whole car? In which case can I have one with scoops and a DOHC big block <lol> or a 5.0L Cammer and no side-scoops?

Btw, your sense of styling is awesome! That car should be shown at SEMA. If that's already the plan, will it be at your own booth or in the Ford corral? I'll be there to see it firsthand. (please don't tell me you won't be at SEMA :cry: )

We displayed 2 of the preproduction units at SEma last year and they will be available through all Ford dealers in November. We are presently building 6 cars every 10 days for individuals that are highly modified, your engine choice. so if you are serious you can order one now and it will be shipped to you in 2 weeks!!! 248-668-0821

post-6945-1158255995_thumb.jpg

post-6945-1158255995_thumb.jpg

Can you give us some idea of a couple of out-the-door-costs with various engine/other options? Just a few examples?

<edit:> the Foose "'69" Aluminum hood would work great too, but the more I look your pic the better it looks... outstanding!

Nick, is this you?

Mustang 69 Inc

3144 Martin Rd

Commerce Township, MI 48390

(248) 668-0821

Overall, not bad but I'm not 100% sold on the design. I definitely love the rear "hips" and black is the perfect color for me. I don't like the rear side scoops and from some angles the rear seems a bit thick and heavy visually. I'm also not crazy about the hood scoop either, the Foose hood would look better. I think that is certainly the styling direction Ford will choose with the MY '10 redesign.

I'm with Dan, I'd love to see prices/options available.

BTW...did you build the red one for Kenny Brown? I thought I saw that in Kenny's booth at SEMA last year.

Overall, not bad but I'm not 100% sold on the design. I definitely love the rear "hips" and black is the perfect color for me. I don't like the rear side scoops and from some angles the rear seems a bit thick and heavy visually. I'm also not crazy about the hood scoop either, the Foose hood would look better. I think that is certainly the styling direction Ford will choose with the MY '10 redesign.

I'm with Dan, I'd love to see prices/options available.

BTW...did you build the red one for Kenny Brown? I thought I saw that in Kenny's booth at SEMA last year.

we build them with any hood or scoop and we can delete the side scoops as on our 70 version

We can build you one ,to schedule call Mustang 69 at 248-668-0821 if you are serious ,69 side scoops or 70 style with no side scoops. It takes 10 days. Reliable Carriers will ship it to your door step.

I think you should park my Boss 429 next to your black car at the SEMA show :happy feet:

post-2941-1158325912_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1158325951_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1158325912_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1158325951_thumb.jpg

Agreed, we should all be so lucky!!

For sure... and look at how 'planted' it looks in the rear. It's weight distrib was a bit better than the Mach (and the present GT500) ...she just looks so sweet. 69Boss, do you show her much and drive her fairly regularly?

She's certainly one of the ultimate classic muscle cars of all time ;)

...and, thank you Bunky Knudsen for being a real car guy and knowing what enthusiasts want -- I'm sure Bunky is smiling down on us from somewhere ...his drive and determination is what brought us the Bosses and Mach, the 427SOHC, the 429DOHC and most anything else that dropped our jaws back then. At least he lived long enough to know that what he did was appreciated -- what else can you ask for from your careeer than to know you made a diff?!

:cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader:

For sure... and look at how 'planted' it looks in the rear. It's weight distrib was a bit better than the Mach (and the present GT500) ...she just looks so sweet. 69Boss, do you show her much and drive her fairly regularly?

She's certainly one of the ultimate classic muscle cars of all time ;)

...and, thank you Bunky Knudsen for being a real car guy and knowing what enthusiasts want -- I'm sure Bunky is smiling down on us from somewhere ...his drive and determination is what brought us the Bosses and Mach, the 427SOHC, the 429DOHC and most anything else that dropped our jaws back then. At least he lived long enough to know that what he did was appreciated -- what else can you ask for from your careeer than to know you made a diff?!

:cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader: :happy feet: :cheerleader:

Its much more fun to drive it than to look at!!

I drive it to all the local shows(within 50 miles) and take it out whenever the weather is good.

The Boss gets trailered to some of the bigger shows,Carlisle,SAAC 31, York Muscle Car Madness,its a blast.

two_black_beauties.bmp

post-2941-1158408383_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1158408698_thumb.jpg

two_black_beauties.bmp

post-2941-1158408383_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1158408698_thumb.jpg

Its much more fun to drive it than to look at!!

I drive it to all the local shows(within 50 miles) and take it out whenever the weather is good.

The Boss gets trailered to some of the bigger shows,Carlisle,SAAC 31, York Muscle Car Madness,its a blast.

A pair of black beauties! Yeah, no fun if ya don't drive 'em for sure :shift:

Nice tubies on the Boss too;) Has to sound great!

and thanks for the pix!

• 2 weeks later...

We can build you one ,to schedule call Mustang 69 at 248-668-0821 if you are serious, 69 side scoops or 70 style with no side scoops. It takes 10 days. Reliable Carriers will ship it to your door step.

I had to sign up just to comment on this thread alone because this is the car that the S197s should've been from Day 1.

Being a big Mustang nut, I do like the look of the new Stangs but only once a few minor changes have been made (hood with more attitude and a ducktail spoiler), but ever since the concept I've always said that Ford came up short with the design because the lines are just so flat. The car needed "hips" and holy crap have you delivered on the vision I always imagined..... and more actually because I absolutely dispise the look of the rear quarter window - being a Photoshop guy who knows how many times I've done things to that friggin window, but it never looked right - I realize you don't have a rear 1/4 window at all, but it looks like one, and that works beautifully. So how does it feel to show Ford up at their own game? LOL

I've got a few question for you though:

- Are these pieces fiberglass or metal?

- You're saying that you'll make and ship the whole car or just the pieces - from what I understand, you're saying that all depends on what the customer's looking for, correct?

- Wondering what the cost of getting you to build just the body is like?

- With it being a fastback design, I'm guessing that the rear deck has just been just extended to meet the rear window, correct?

- Does this modification allow a wider tire size than the factory design?

Archived