TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOLY MUSTANG HEAVEN! THIS IS WHAT THE BOSS SHOULD LOOK LIKE OMG!

stangman7

Check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/38353...32DC2BE0BDE.jpg

heres closeup of quater panel

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/38353...3254B212DD7.jpg

WOW now thats hot..

LEAVE THE RETRO LOOK IN THE INTERIOR !

that looks SO good..

looks like the old ones!!!!

Theyd have to be carefull not to MODERNIZE it any more AT ALL from this though!

perhaps change the back a little...

BUT DANG.Put some quarter window louvers on it WOWOWO.

I dont see a window.. (did they take it out).

If so maybe they could leave it....

Opinions?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That car screams 69 BOSS.

MAN o MAN.

I heard the company that did this work is actually gearing up to put the

quarters into production.

Im not a exterior mod up guy but if I could buy that mod.. Id eat it up.

Notice how the rear quarter windows are gone.. they had to completely redo that part so its not a kit.

Im assuming its the panel they are refering to sell.

Forget all of that though. FORD NEEDS TO LOOK AT THIS.

However.. they need to remember NOT to aerodynamic it ANY MORE than this.

They need to remember this is an idea from the '69 and not to modernize it ANY MORE AT ALL.

If they did.. It would completely ruin it.

and just to add...

they left the GT front look of the 06GT. Is that a hood scoop I see on it? I hope so..

I think that is PERFECT. Seing that car and what ford could do with making a 69 look.. makes me glad I have held off on the shelby... IF they can make something like that.

I've seen this before and while I think that a '69 - '70 style will be the next iteration of the Mustang, I don't particularly like this rendition. The next gen-Mustang will need rear "hips" but I'm not sold on the rear quarter scoops. The original '69 - '70 Boss did not have rear scoops and I don't believe the next generation Boss should have them either...just my $.02.

I've seen this before and while I think that a '69 - '70 style will be the next iteration of the Mustang, I don't particularly like this rendition. The next gen-Mustang will need rear "hips" but I'm not sold on the rear quarter scoops. The original '69 - '70 Boss did not have rear scoops and I don't believe the next generation Boss should have them either...just my $.02.

Here is a photo of a 1969 Boss 429. It did have quarter scoops and I believe it to be the BEST looking Boss EVER made. I truly think the new Boss should have them as well.

The 429 was the MEANEST Boss ever created. If the Boss is to be brought back, it should be brought back with the BEST Boss as the reincarnation. I think this is DEFINATLY the style to go on.

I believe that project car is a VERY GOOD example.

Here is the 69 429 Boss.

http://www.mustangreview.com/1969boss429.htm

The new Boss should look different from our other mustangs we have currently, to set it apart

from the GT and Shelby. I dont think a simple hood or front would quite fully do it.

This will be perfect.

The Boss 9 did have quarter scoops, however the Boss 302's in both '69 and '70 did not. I prefer the clean, uncluttered look of the no-scoop approach. I would certainly say this another area Ford should consider as optional along with the stripes. Create the Boss without the scoops and provide an option for side scoops and traditional Boss stripes.

I do love those "hips" on the '69 - '70 Mustangs!! :woohoo::woohoo:

post-2621-1151423765_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1151423781.jpg

post-2621-1151423765_thumb.jpg

post-2621-1151423781.jpg

You should add.... "if you are a pimp or under 12." just kidding, but it is a little much. I like the "stock" look much better.

WOW now thats hot..

that looks SO good..

Opinions?

I saw some window louvres when I was in Cali last month but they didn't look like either of these 2 styles. They looked much better, like they were factory, not so gaudy. Don't know who the vendor is though.

Ok so what do you guys think would REALLY set it apart from the GT or GT500?

I think the side scoops are THE ANSWER.

They could always tone the ones I posted down.

But I think this is the answer for making the BOSS unique in styling.

and the Boss NEEDS THIS.

99% of the people I have spoken to about this agree, and like the scoops.

Im not saying its wrong not too lol. Just saying most Ive spoken too love them.

On other boards people wont stop talking about them.

Even the people who I disagree with alot lol. But everyone has their own opinion, even you two guys.

And Im not downplaying it.

I personally dont think that a slightly different grill would set the Boss apart.

And I think they missed out on setting the shelby apart. Classic shelby tailights would have been

perfect for this.

Heck if it wasnt for the cobra badge .. many people would not know the difference

between the cars..even with gt500 on the side.

Let me remind us that not everyone knows that GT500 means a different car.

I spoke with some ppl who thought the GT500 was JUST a Gt with different

options....

Im not saying to put something on the Boss that is to LOUD and tacky. But side scoops would be a great way

to do this with the classic feel to it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think side scoops are great..and would set the Bossapart so that is unmistakenly Boss.

We do need good "hips" on the boss nomatter what.

HIPS rule on the muscle stangs. And almost every classic one has had em.

wow...that is perfect.....hope they make this one.....Love them hips.

That's almost there! I need to see the front,but if they don't mess with the stock grill and keep the large fog lights I might have to build another garage!

The quarter scoops definatly say 1969 all over again! :happy feet:

Now about that engine? :bandance:

post-2941-1151494554_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151494884_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151495027_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151495316_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151494554_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151494884_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151495027_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1151495316_thumb.jpg

I called the phone number on the pic. and spoke with a real nice lady. this is what she said.

The 69 Boss will go into production in the fourth quarter or first quarter (06-07) that they are working with ford and will be sold through a dealer network. She said at this time there is no motor upgrades that she knows of. She did not know if the body mods will be in a kit form to buy or if you have to buy the whole car. She took my information and told me that as information comes out she will keep me informed.

Sound like they get the cars and mod them then send them out to dealers like Roush, Saleen.

Could be a different choice for the Shelby for the ones that want something different and don't want to wait fer ever.

:poke::headscratch::idea:

MCLE

I posted something similar in another thread but I think it bears repeating here. What I'd love to see is a new Boss with the following features and options:

• 5.0L 4V All-Aluminum Engine with 400 hp Naturally Aspirated
  • 6 spd Manual Transmission
  • IRS
  • 14" Front Disc Brakes with either 4 or 6 piston calipers
  • Curb weight: 3,400 lbs
  • Rear quarter Hips
  • '69 - '70 Rear Quarter window design
  • Unique front fascia with deep front air dam
  • Adjustable Rear Pedestal Spoiler
  • Base Price: $35K

Optional Features:

• Rear side scoops
  • '70-style Boss stripes
  • Either a Shaker or Ram-Air Hood

However, I realize that Ford probably can't deliver a car with all that equipment and styling revisions for the desired price. Therefore, my next (and most logical) choice would be to offer a near carbon copy of the PJ Saleen Mustang from a styling perspective with the aforementioned engine, transmission, suspension and brake components. A Boss Mustang styled like the PJ Saleen Mustang would create a unique style differentiating it from the GT and GT500 without creating a another $40K+ Mustang.

Of course this is just my own personal opinion and certainly everyone is free to have their own but I feel the basics for the Boss style exists in the current PJ Mustang. Where Ford needs to concentrate time and R&D dollars is on creating the substance to support it. I'm sure everyone who is passionate about the new Boss doesn't want to see it turned into a tape and sticker model, that would be :censored:

What I'd love to see is a new Boss with the following features and options:

• IRS

• Rear quarter Hips

Optional Features:

• Rear side scoops

• '70-style Boss stripes

However, I realize that Ford probably can't deliver a car with all that equipment and styling revisions for the desired price. Therefore, my next (and most logical) choice would be to offer a near carbon copy of the PJ Saleen Mustang from a styling perspective with the aforementioned engine, transmission, suspension and brake components. A Boss Mustang styled like the PJ Saleen Mustang would create a unique style differentiating it from the GT and GT500 without creating a another $40K+ Mustang.

I agree with all the above except I don't think a DOHC 302 is viable with respect to cost. I think the most likely candidate for an upgraded powerplant should be a H.O. 5.4L (N.A. of course). I would add a functional but tasteful hood scoop.

:happy feet:

I agree with all the above except I don't think a DOHC 302 is viable with respect to cost. I think the most likely candidate for an upgraded powerplant should be a H.O. 5.4L (N.A. of course). I would add a functional but tasteful hood scoop.

We'll see how Saleen does with their 5.0L engine in the PJ Mustang. The 5.4L engine would be the simplier alternative but I'm a purist and would love for Ford to produce a 5.0L Boss. :happy feet:

Ok so what do you guys think would REALLY set it apart from the GT or GT500?

I think the side scoops are THE ANSWER.

They could always tone the ones I posted down.

But I think this is the answer for making the BOSS unique in styling.

and the Boss NEEDS THIS.

99% of the people I have spoken to about this agree, and like the scoops.

Im not saying its wrong not too lol. Just saying most Ive spoken too love them.

On other boards people wont stop talking about them.

Even the people who I disagree with alot lol. But everyone has their own opinion, even you two guys.

And Im not downplaying it.

I personally dont think that a slightly different grill would set the Boss apart.

And I think they missed out on setting the shelby apart. Classic shelby tailights would have been

perfect for this.

Heck if it wasnt for the cobra badge .. many people would not know the difference

between the cars..even with gt500 on the side.

Let me remind us that not everyone knows that GT500 means a different car.

I spoke with some ppl who thought the GT500 was JUST a Gt with different

options....

Im not saying to put something on the Boss that is to LOUD and tacky. But side scoops would be a great way

to do this with the classic feel to it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think side scoops are great..and would set the Bossapart so that is unmistakenly Boss.

those quarter scoops look horrible. A boss mustang does not need the quarter scoops. The 69 boss 9's had them because they were built and coded as mach 1 big block cars at the factory, then sent to Kar Kraft to be converted to b-9's. However the 1969 Boss 302, which is the quintesential boss mustang which i am a proud owner of one example, did not have the scoops. Leave them off. I think the performance and stripe package should be the only differentiating components from the stadndard GT due to the fact that the original boss only had a chin spoiler, and a different rear spoiler (which was an option) as the only body differences. And the body kit in those pics looks as tacked on and plasticy nasty as a lime green civic with s2000 front and rear conversion.. also known as dumb.

shelby's have always had a distinct different body, and that has remained. Boss' do not.

only three weeks till my 07 gt is here!!! and i cant wait to not mod the body at all. well maybe a foose hood so i can get the 69 snout on it.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But I think from the posts here most people like quarter scoops and give a thumbs up to the idea.

The 429 was the baddest boss of them all. The new one should resemble the best.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I agree with Cheese, no quarter scoops. Thanks for letting me express my opinion!!

WOW now thats hot..

that looks SO good..

Opinions?

Its kinda funny, they put the rear quarter panel scoops in and Ford had removed them in the 69 Boss. Not fond of the rear end treatment either, Just my opinion

I posted something similar in another thread but I think it bears repeating here. What I'd love to see is a new Boss with the following features and options:

• IRS

• Rear quarter Hips

Optional Features:

• Rear side scoops

• '70-style Boss stripes

Of course this is just my own personal opinion and certainly everyone is free to have their own but I feel the basics for the Boss style exists in the current PJ Mustang. Where Ford needs to concentrate time and R&D dollars is on creating the substance to support it. I'm sure everyone who is passionate about the new Boss doesn't want to see it turned into a tape and sticker model, that would be :censored:

• IRS

• Rear quarter Hips

Optional Features:

• Rear side scoops

• '70-style Boss stripes

Sorry for double post, hit the wrong button. I agree with your post 100% Fanatic. As for the part about the tape and sticker model; that's reserved for the CS!

Sorry for double post, hit the wrong button. I agree with your post 100% Fanatic. As for the part about the tape and sticker model; that's reserved for the CS!

Thanks, I certainly hope the only tape-n-sticker model turns out to be the CS!!

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But I think from the posts here most people like quarter scoops and give a thumbs up to the idea.

The 429 was the baddest boss of them all. The new one should resemble the best.

Great minds think alike!

It was the subtle combination of hood scoop and quarter scoops that gave the Boss 429 its aggressive attitude.It didn't need the dealer option rear spoiler or window slats either.

post-2941-1152539011_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1152539041_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1152539011_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1152539041_thumb.jpg

Great minds think alike!

It was the subtle combination of hood scoop and quarter scoops that gave the Boss 429 its aggressive attitude.It didn't need the dealer option rear spoiler or window slats either.

Sweet Boss '9!!! And in my favorite color too!!! :drool: However, I'm not a fan of the quarter scoops and would prefer Ford offer them as an option so the customer could be allowed to choose. :yup:

Archived