TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canada Delivery

shel-b001

My dealer got his first Shelby yesterday. Richport Ford, Richmond B.C. (SVT & President Award Dealership)

I think that this is the first one out West ?

FYI - The person that got this car put a deposit down in June 2004.

Mine has a build date of Aug. 4/06 - To arrive Aug. 17/06. Not sure about this a s I think Richports first car was about one month late. Hope that this does not snowball the rest of their orders.

By the way - does anybody know if a build date is the actual day that they assemble your car ? Just wonder because if mine is the 4th thats a FRIDAY. Is it still true what they say about Friday cars ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would call Ford CS at 1-800-565-3673.

Make sure you have your VIN number handy and all the other order information, they should be able to help you with fairly accurate information.

I called when my sales rep was on holidays in July and they were very helpful, they had a lot more information to offer than what I was getting out of the dealer.

Mind you there is also different levels of customer service too, as I called CS a couple of times, I noticed that the "level of service" varied by individual too.

But they should be able to help you!

My dealer got his first Shelby yesterday. Richport Ford, Richmond B.C. (SVT & President Award Dealership)

Mine has a build date of Aug. 4/06 - To arrive Aug. 17/06. Not sure about this a s I think Richports first car was about one month late. Hope that this does not snowball the rest of their orders.

By the way - does anybody know if a build date is the actual day that they assemble your car ? Just wonder because if mine is the 4th thats a FRIDAY. Is it still true what they say about Friday cars ?

Yes Mondays & Fridays Hang in there you Should probably more see cars arriving out West as some dealers in ontario have receiced two.

I'm #1 at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver and I am still waiting for mine!!!!@!!

and mine was built June 30th, also a Friday!!!

KingCobra.

Saw a Red with white stripe Shelby right in front of my house on Steveston and Railway in Richmond!!! all I can say is WOW!! I was the guy in the Grey RX8 with chrome rims who almost missed his driveway, staring at the car!!! haha

Was the first one at Richport a Red one?

Saw a Red with white stripe Shelby right in front of my house on Steveston and Railway in Richmond!!! all I can say is WOW!! I was the guy in the Grey RX8 with chrome rims who almost missed his driveway, staring at the car!!! haha

Was the first one at Richport a Red one?

Yes sir, the first one was Red/White.

Richport is getting another one any second now, today. This will be car #2. Between now and August 17th they will be getting 5 cars (including mine). Dealer told me a few minutes ago that their #4 car & #5 car will be coming on the same day. I believe Lonny's and mine will be coming on the same day.

Just an update for the rest of the Canucks - My dealer told me that Ford has not pulled any other cars for him yet. Just his first 5. My dealer did tell me that a while back that I was lucky to be #5 because he figured that their first 5 would come fast and then it slow down from there (based on how prev. SVT deliveries came to him)

14 more days to go. Too bad I gotta come from Edmonton to get it. :happy feet: :party:

VanGo - If your really interested in a close look, When I come out there to get mine, no problem - Pioneer Pub sounds good.

Yes sir, the first one was Red/White.

Richport is getting another one any second now, today. This will be car #2. Between now and August 17th they will be getting 5 cars (including mine). Dealer told me a few minutes ago that their #4 car & #5 car will be coming on the same day. I believe Lonny's and mine will be coming on the same day.

Just an update for the rest of the Canucks - My dealer told me that Ford has not pulled any other cars for him yet. Just his first 5. My dealer did tell me that a while back that I was lucky to be #5 because he figured that their first 5 would come fast and then it slow down from there (based on how prev. SVT deliveries came to him)

14 more days to go. Too bad I gotta come from Edmonton to get it. :happy feet: :party:

VanGo - If your really interested in a close look, When I come out there to get mine, no problem - Pioneer Pub sounds good.

You were saying your car was ordered in TO & you live in Edmonton? If so you could save some mileage by having it drop shipped unlessyou planned this trip.I hope your right about the first ,five as I`am also #5

You were saying your car was ordered in TO & you live in Edmonton? If so you could save some mileage by having it drop shipped unlessyou planned this trip.I hope your right about the first ,five as I`am also #5

Shelby001

Richmond, B.C is where I am getting mine from.

No question about it, if it was coming from TO I would have it shipped.

I have been told that by next Friday my dealer will pretty much be able to pin point my car. He said that he should have the rail box car # by then.

Any word on anybody getting car in Alberta

Rigger

I was at Freedom at lunch today - They have their first car, I seen it, Red / White Stripes. Only one problem, it was sent with no over the top stripes. Salesman told me that they were going to have to get them installed in Edm.

He told me that the owner is from Edm.

They were not sure when car #2 was going to arrive.

Healy Ford In Edmonton has red w/white strips sitting in showroom. Sales guy said it was for sale. I did not ask how much. Wish I had, he asked if I was dreaming of buying it. I laughed to myself knowing I have one ordered else where. Has anybody else seen this car and how much are they asking.

Healy Ford In Edmonton has red w/white strips sitting in showroom. Sales guy said it was for sale. I did not ask how much. Wish I had, he asked if I was dreaming of buying it. I laughed to myself knowing I have one ordered else where. Has anybody else seen this car and how much are they asking.

Where did you order yours from ?

I heard they are still asking $100k for their cars and still have a good number available (no surprise). I wouldn't be surprised if the car in the showroom was originally sold and the customer came to their senses and backed out.

Where did you order yours from ?

Freedom Ford, Do you have one ordered. If so where

I heard they are still asking $100k for their cars and still have a good number available (no surprise). I wouldn't be surprised if the car in the showroom was originally sold and the customer came to their senses and backed out.

Could very well be. I hope they have a very hard time selling their cars. GREED.

Hi. Not the red one.....

I'm #1 at Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver and I am still waiting for mine!!!!@!!

and mine was built June 30th, also a Friday!!!

KingCobra.

Hang in there guys, Robots don't get hangovers. :)

Hi. Not the red one.....

I suppose it could have been a customer order who changed their mind on equipment and have another coming.

The only other obvious explanation is that Healy ordered one for stock ahead of customers who had placed orders (according to the sales mgr they had sold 3 well before orders could be submitted). I can't believe they would do this and if I was a customer awaiting a car I would be some upset.

Freedom Ford, Do you have one ordered. If so where

Could very well be. I hope they have a very hard time selling their cars. GREED.

Richport Ford, Richmond B.C. - Could not get on a list in Edm. last May 05, w'ell I could but Healy put me on at 26 and Freedom was up there as well.

Originally was #8 and after a year dropped to #5.

I'm glad it worked out this way as I am not going thru the ADM pains that most others are. Thats a real shame about the crazy ADM's and all of the other BS surrounding this car. My ADM $0.00.

My car is expected in Richmond next week Aug. 17 - we will see ? :happy feet:

Ok, my dealer called me this AM.

Looked at his new report from Ford and my car is scheduled/estimated to be on his lot August 19. Which probably means it wont be at the lot till Mon. Aug. 21.

If all goes well - I will be on a plane Aug. 25 to go and get my car.

My dealer so good to me, keeps me right up to date. Will probably let him drive the car first.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone in the Windsor area got a FIRM breakdown in pricing?? Seems my dealer may be trying to play games with my cost. Like to hear from someone. Thanks :sos:

What's going on, can you provide some details?

I believe Markham 51 picked his up in Windsor maybe he can answer some questions?

Has anyone in the Windsor area got a FIRM breakdown in pricing?? Seems my dealer may be trying to play games with my cost. Like to hear from someone. Thanks :sos:

Mustangnut,

If your from Windsor we have the same dealer. I have a written Purchase Agreement with an itemized cost for each line item. Which item are they trying to play games with?

JD

Mustangnut,

If your from Windsor we have the same dealer. I have a written Purchase Agreement with an itemized cost for each line item. Which item are they trying to play games with?

JD

Hi guys Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner,been out of town. Talked to salesman today and got a firm price of what was what. Seems the paper work was going to get handled on day of delivery ( here's the price take it or leave it) but we got things straightened out. Sorry if I got anyone upset Mustangnut

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner,been out of town. Talked to salesman today and got a firm price of what was what. Seems the paper work was going to get handled on day of delivery ( here's the price take it or leave it) but we got things straightened out. Sorry if I got anyone upset Mustangnut

Mustangnut,

What number are you on the dealers list? I'm trying to figure out my approximate delivery date.

JD

Mustangnut,

What number are you on the dealers list? I'm trying to figure out my approximate delivery date.

JD

JD I'm number 4 May have someone interested in your stang you have for sale. need to hook up to get the particulars. JM

Do you have V.O.C or a vin#?????? Has your delearer received 3 Shelby`s already ?????????

I got a VIN on Sat with a build date of 9-26-06. He has had 3 stangs ordered already, 2 showed up, but the one just before mine seems to be LOST in the system somewhere. Glad I'm not him or I'd be P*%#*

JD I'm number 4 May have someone interested in your stang you have for sale. need to hook up to get the particulars. JM

Mustangnut,

The '84 Mustang I had for sale sold on Saturday. It was tough to see it go since I had it for 22 years. I keep cheering myself up by thinking there is an even better one on the way to replace it.

JD

Mustangnut,

The '84 Mustang I had for sale sold on Saturday. It was tough to see it go since I had it for 22 years. I keep cheering myself up by thinking there is an even better one on the way to replace it.

JD

It's ok JD the new one will be better and BADDER than your last, but I know it's always hard to let go!! Mustangnut

It's ok JD the new one will be better and BADDER than your last, but I know it's always hard to let go!! Mustangnut

Mustangnut,

Thanks for the encouragement, I have decided to sell all my old cars (see my Avitar) as well and scale things back a bit. The old cars are great but it's a lot of work to give them all the care and attention they need.

JD

P.S. by the way we have the same sales guy at our dealership.

Archived