TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canada Delivery

shel-b001

OKAY all you CANADIANS its pretty quiet out there no one knows if their car has been shipped ?????

After all we are not that far NORTH my God Windsor Ont. is only 35 to 45 min . away from the plant.

Maybe we should take a drive to the plant one day after their holidays are over & see what is going on & give them some support. ANY TAKERS?????? :shrug::shrug:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OKAY all you CANADIANS its pretty quiet out there no one knows if their car has been shipped ?????

After all we are not that far NORTH my God Windsor Ont. is only 35 to 45 min . away from the plant.

Maybe we should take a drive to the plant one day after their holidays are over & see what is going on & give them some support. ANY TAKERS?????? :shrug::shrug:

just got off the phone with woodmotors ford in NEW BRUNSWICK, they told me first car was to be deliverd the week of july 15. I was also talking to a sales rep in ALBERTA freedom ford he told me july also but he told me they were getting 3 all at once, I hope he's right and for all canadian dealers as I am #3 on my dealers list.

svtkeith

After all we are not that far NORTH my God Windsor Ont. is only 35 to 45 min . away :shrug::shrug:

Shelby001,

Your right, I live in Windsor and it is only about 45 minutes away. Count me in on going down to AAI, I've been ther before and know exactly how to get there. As far as I'm concerned My dealer can't get them fast enough, I'm #11 on the list of 15 so I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing mine this year. I was kinda hoping that the 5 per month rumor was true but it was probably too good to be true.

JD

Shelby001,

Your right, I live in Windsor and it is only about 45 minutes away. Count me in on going down to AAI, I've been ther before and know exactly how to get there. As far as I'm concerned My dealer can't get them fast enough, I'm #11 on the list of 15 so I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing mine this year. I was kinda hoping that the 5 per month rumor was true but it was probably too good to be true.

JD

I just talk to my dealer & he has two searlized possiblle build this week but was told he maybe able to order 2 to3 for the second run.I`am #5 on his list & I told him I was getting stressed out.

Shelby001,

That makes sense, I was told by my dealer that they receive there alotment monthly. By that he meant how many of their 15 they will be able to order within that alotment period. His first two are also serialized which I will assume is there July alotment. If your #5 on your dealers list and his next alotment (August) is 3 you should get your car in late August or early September. Where are you located?

JD

Been talking to my dealer, he's only got one Vin # & build date so far (Richmond B.C). Nothing on mine yet (#5). He told me that Ford only provides him with updates every Friday. He did tell me that once I get my VIN & Build date that the worst case scenario is my car will be at the dealership 21days from that date.

Hopefully I get the call this Friday.

Been talking to my dealer, he's only got one Vin # & build date so far (Richmond B.C). Nothing on mine yet (#5). He told me that Ford only provides him with updates every Friday. He did tell me that once I get my VIN & Build date that the worst case scenario is my car will be at the dealership 21days from that date.

Great to hear from all of you & we all hope you get your call by Friday

Good Luck .

I replied to KingCobra on the BC topic - I had talked to my sales guy on Friday, he gave me an ETA week of July 9. He said mine was the only one at his dealership to get the VIN so far. Looks like Canadian cars are getting built and delivered in periodic lots.

I'll bet that a bunch of us Canucks get the call from our dealers with a delivery that are all very close to the same. With the low volume coming to Canada, you think that they would want to run them all at the factory at the same, as I imagine the Canadian set up is different than the US.

My dealer in Richmond also told me that he has only been allowed to put orders in for their first 5. I just squeeked in at #5, I was #7 in May 05 when I gave them my deposit, two misfortunate persons bailed.

I'll bet that a bunch of us Canucks get the call from our dealers with a delivery that are all very close to the same. With the low volume coming to Canada, you think that they would want to run them all at the factory at the same, as I imagine the Canadian set up is different than the US.

My dealer in Richmond also told me that he has only been allowed to put orders in for their first 5. I just squeeked in at #5, I was #7 in May 05 when I gave them my deposit, two misfortunate persons bailed.

Do you have a serial # ?????

I can't get anything out of my guy!!!

He keeps telling me that he has not recieved a DORA for my car yet,

even though he phoned me the first week on April to tell me that my

order had been placed with Ford. He also called 3-4 weeks ago to tell

me that Ford had pulled my order.How can you pull an order without first

confirming it??? I have no Dora, no V.O.C., no build date, and no

delivery date!!! Any suggestions on how to call him on it??? I feel like

he's trying to play games with me.

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

King Cobra

#1 If he has placed the order he has to have a v.o.c & he should be able to give you a printed copy.

#2 Could be he didn`t reveive the D.O.R.A but I doubt that.

I would call him & ask him to send you a copy of the V.O.C .

If he says he can`t do it than you could contact Ford Of Canada

Have you put down a deposit or have anything in writing.

KingCobra.

James, Dora's don't really mean all that much. A Dealership could put 100 GT500 Dora's into the system and it doesn't mean they'll get 100 cars.

My Buddy, who's #3 on the waiting list at Erinwood where I bought my Shelby, still hasn't gotten his call to come in and fill out a Purchase Agreement. He too is anxious. He's been told not to expect delivery until September sometime, earliest.

I never received a Dora. I was just called in to the Dealership back on May 9th to fill out a Purchase Agreement. I wasn't given a VIN until June 7th.

I feel Your pain James. :rant:

Shelby001,

That makes sense, I was told by my dealer that they receive there alotment monthly. By that he meant how many of their 15 they will be able to order within that alotment period. His first two are also serialized which I will assume is there July alotment. If your #5 on your dealers list and his next alotment (August) is 3 you should get your car in late August or early September. Where are you located?

JD

I`am in Brantford.

Thanks for the advice and support guys!!!

I appreciate it.

I'll keep you up the date with things.

Hey Dave, have you got a build date or expected delivery yet???

KingCobra.

Hey James, I called Ford Customer Service this morning and gave them my VIN. They were able to tell me that my Shelby was 'In Production' and that I could expect Delivery sometime between July 8th and 15th!!

Dave.

:cheerleader::woohoo::cheerleader:

Hey James, I called Ford Customer Service this morning and gave them my VIN. They were able to tell me that my Shelby was 'In Production' and that I could expect Delivery sometime between July 8th and 15th!!

Dave.

:cheerleader::woohoo::cheerleader:

GOOD for you my friend!!!

I'm very happy for you.

I'll be even hapier when I join you.

KingCobra.

Shelby001,

JD

jduffy ---- I`am located in Brantford. The word is 1 a month & possible two a month as per FORd OF CANADA Last update was JUNE 29/06.

Talked to my dealer in Windsor today. Shelby built (coupe) and expecting delivery as soon as this Friday!!!! :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Markham51,

That's excellent news, your at the same dealership as I am. Who's your sales guy?

JD

Guest markham51

Markham51,

That's excellent news, your at the same dealership as I am. Who's your sales guy?

JD

The owner.

Do you have a serial # ?????

Not yet, My dealer said that he has 4 VIN #'s and I am next on the list. He told me last Friday (June 30) that next Friday he should have my VIN #. I sure hope to get that call from him tomorrow when his updated list comes.

I will post when I get it.

This 1 - 2 a month thing is not right. My dealer has 3 coming in July, so he says, has not lied to me yet. He also told me worst case scenario for delivery after he gets my VIN # is 21 days at his lot.

Looks like first one in Canada is going to be Shelby007 or Markham. Maybe this week??? :cheerleader: :bandance:

Not yet, My dealer said that he has 4 VIN #'s and I am next on the list. He told me last Friday (June 30) that next Friday he should have my VIN #. I sure hope to get that call from him tomorrow when his updated list comes.

This 1 - 2 a month thing is not right. My dealer has 3 coming in July, so he says, has not lied to me yet. He also told me worst case scenario for delivery after he gets my VIN # is 21 days at his lot.

Looks like first one in Canada is going to be Shelby007 or Markham. Maybe this week??? :cheerleader: :bandance:

Excuse my mistake - 07 Shelby not Shelby 007 - Shame on me , I should know this by now. Sorry 07

Excuse my mistake - 07 Shelby not Shelby 007 - Shame on me , I should know this by now. Sorry 07

rbortnick:

I hope you are right about your dealer getting 3 in July. I received my info from the regional Ford manager

last THursday & he said there is no change in what he told me a month ago. Canadian delivery to the 27 S.V.T dealers 1 a month & possibly 2 on certain months depending on production.He stressed to the S.V.T dealers when they order to prioritize each order.Told my dealer & he said he already tried this. Who knows we will just have to wait. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED

rbortnick:

I hope you are right about your dealer getting 3 in July. I received my info from the regional Ford manager

last THursday & he said there is no change in what he told me a month ago. Canadian delivery to the 27 S.V.T dealers 1 a month & possibly 2 on certain months depending on production.He stressed to the S.V.T dealers when they order to prioritize each order.Told my dealer & he said he already tried this. Who knows we will just have to wait. GOOD LUCK KEEP US POSTED

I hope so too. Hope that I have not been given false or inaccurate info.

Seems like your connected pretty good with ford Management. I'm starting to beleive that you may have this one right, I hope not.

Have yourself a good day

My guy tells me possibly next week or the week after.

Ford of Canada has it for the week of the 15th!!!

I'll believe it when the keys are in my hand.

KingCobra.

Hey King

What # were you in the ordering at your dealership ? You are through Brown Bros ? Mines across the North Arm at Richport.

Great news - hopefully you get it next week.

Archived