TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Hey Paul, Kaylan, I called Ford Customer Service this morning and gave them my VIN. They were able to tell me that my Shelby was 'In Production' and that I could expect Delivery sometime between July 8th and 15th!! :cheerleader::woohoo::cheerleader:

07 Shelby, can you tell me how you managed to get your VIN? I have heard from my dealer exactly once since I first approached them last July/August, and that was just so that I could come in to transfer a goodly sum of cash from my pocket to theirs in early april of this year. Do you mind if I ask when you put down your deposit? I am a fair way down on my dealers list so I am guessing that I may just have to wait until the VIN fairy gets through the folks ahead of me, but thanks to the policy of complete secrecy at my dealership I have no idea what is happening.

I understand the 1 a month thing I have been reading about on this forum likely means I will not be getting the car beforfe next April, and perhaps this is why I don't have a VIN yet, but I would have appreciated a once a month call to tell me this, and, if nothing else, that there is no change to my status. Good customer service doesn't appear to be one of my dealerships strengths, in fact they don't even seem to be able to provide poor customer service, only no customer service!

Thanks....

07 Shelby, can you tell me how you managed to get your VIN? I have heard from my dealer exactly once since I first approached them last July/August, and that was just so that I could come in to transfer a goodly sum of cash from my pocket to theirs in early april of this year. Do you mind if I ask when you put down your deposit? I am a fair way down on my dealers list so I am guessing that I may just have to wait until the VIN fairy gets through the folks ahead of me, but thanks to the policy of complete secrecy at my dealership I have no idea what is happening.

I understand the 1 a month thing I have been reading about on this forum likely means I will not be getting the car beforfe next April, and perhaps this is why I don't have a VIN yet, but I would have appreciated a once a month call to tell me this, and, if nothing else, that there is no change to my status. Good customer service doesn't appear to be one of my dealerships strengths, in fact they don't even seem to be able to provide poor customer service, only no customer service!

Thanks....

Johnny, If only our Dealers really gave a :censored: about us. I put my name on my Dealer's List right after the 05' NY Autoshow in which the Shelby was introduced. I placed a $1000 deposit. I never heard from them again until this past January when my Salesguy emailed me saying he was leaving for greener pastures, but not to worry that I was still #1 and that the I'd be taken care of. I made a few emails to the Dealer when our American cousins were placing their Dora's, still no response. Called them a few weeks later and they said that they hadn't heard anything from Ford. Finally I got a call from the General Manager on a Saturday telling me that I had to come in before the coming Wednesday to sign the 'Official' Purchase Agreement. I went down on Tuesday night, May 9th, signed the Agreement and gave them $4000. Two weeks after that I emailed asking if they had a VIN for me.....no response. Two weeks later I sent another email, still no response. A friend at work, #3, told me that the General Manager had gone on vacation. Being fed up I called the Sales Manager and left a message. Less than an hour later he called with a VIN. I've since emailed twice about getting some promotional items with no response.

I guess they just aren't as excited we are about the car! :shrug:

My #3 co-worker still hasn't been called in to fill out a Purchase Agreement. Apparently Ford hasn't yet given the Dealers the 'Go Ahead' to do so?!?

Thanks....

This seems to be an on going theme...I'd have to say I think I'd rather have all my teeth pulled then go thought this process.

I supect this how its going to play out when Kaylan picks up the Shelby and If I get invited to take pictures:

BLUB FLASH ---- :wub:

Bulb Flash.... :yahoo:

Bulb FLash.....

Miles away :shift:

Make sure you do all your mods right away so that if I see my Car in September...I can get you to come over and help me...beers on me!

Barry

Johnny, If only our Dealers really gave a :censored: about us. I put my name on my Dealer's List right after the 05' NY Autoshow in which the Shelby was introduced. I placed a $1000 deposit. I never heard from them again until this past January when my Salesguy emailed me saying he was leaving for greener pastures, but not to worry that I was still #1 and that the I'd be taken care of. I made a few emails to the Dealer when our American cousins were placing their Dora's, still no response. Called them a few weeks later and they said that they hadn't heard anything from Ford. Finally I got a call from the General Manager on a Saturday telling me that I had to come in before the coming Wednesday to sign the 'Official' Purchase Agreement. I went down on Tuesday night, May 9th, signed the Agreement and gave them $4000. Two weeks after that I emailed asking if they had a VIN for me.....no response. Two weeks later I sent another email, still no response. A friend at work, #3, told me that the General Manager had gone on vacation. Being fed up I called the Sales Manager and left a message. Less than an hour later he called with a VIN. I've since emailed twice about getting some promotional items with no response.

My #3 co-worker still hasn't been called in to fill out a Purchase Agreement. Apparently Ford hasn't yet given the Dealers the 'Go Ahead' to do so?!?

`o7 Shelby -- I ask the regional manager today about any literature on the Shelby & his response was not yet but would let me know when there was .

Hey Paul, Kaylan, I called Ford Customer Service this morning and gave them my VIN. They were able to tell me that my Shelby was 'In Production' and that I could expect Delivery sometime between July 8th and 15th!! :cheerleader::woohoo::cheerleader:

CONGRATS! My car is being built on July 17th...and I'm heading down to AAI to watch it get built! Hopefully I can take some cool pictures.

CONGRATS! My car is being built on July 17th...and I'm heading down to AAI to watch it get built! Hopefully I can take some cool pictures.

jfranken:

Were you #1 on your dealers list????

Congratulations & take lots of pictures.

jfranken:

Were you #1 on your dealers list????

Congratulations & take lots of pictures.

Yeah I was #1 on the list. My dealer got two cars...I ordered the first day it was possible to order and got the first car. I have no idea when the other car is coming.

That's Awesome! Have fun and enjoy Mr. Franken!! :woohoo:

`o7 Shelby -- I ask the regional manager today about any literature on the Shelby & his response was not yet but would let me know when there was .

Thanks Jim. Keep me 'in the loop'!! :yup:

I did not get my VIN until approx 1 month ahead of production

I did not get my VIN until approx 1 month ahead of production

Thanks TTB, just to be clear, were you near the top of this list at your dealership?

This seems to be an on going theme...I'd have to say I think I'd rather have all my teeth pulled then go thought this process.

I supect this how its going to play out when Kaylan picks up the Shelby and If I get invited to take pictures:

Bulb FLash.....

Make sure you do all your mods right away so that if I see my Car in September...I can get you to come over and help me...beers on me!

Barry

If the first meet is in august, you guys will be really impressed when I show up in the Windstar!!!! I should have hung onto the Marauder just a little longer :doh:

Thanks for the reply 07, I can at least take some comfort in the fact that they treat us all with the same indifference.... When I signed a sales agreement in April and laid down my 10K, in good faith, I was thinking that this would show that I was comitted. Stupidly, I didn't think at the time that this would mean absoloutely nothing to them, that they were just fishing for suckers and that my deposit was nothing more than a way for them to earn interest on my, and who knows how many others, cold hard cash. Had I known at the time that they were going to try to gouge me with this :censored: ADM crap I'd be driving a C6 by now!!!!!!!

nothing left to do now but see how this plays out, but I really like that post about the rat costume in front of the dealership. Imagine the bad press coverage for Ford dealers if we could all coordinate this to happen on the same day across North America at all of the gouging dealerships.... I think that this would get their attention, and if not theirs, I bet the national media would pick up on it!!!

....live and learn. :shrug:

Bulb FLash.....

Barry

Now that was funny

Take an extra gig or two for the camera.

Thanks....

I put down $2000 June '05 and another $1000 in December '05 to hold my #2 spot for MSRP.

Still waiting to get my VIN, SVT manager is dragging his heels on doing anything with this car!!!

KingCobra.

I put down $2000 June '05 and another $1000 in December '05 to hold my #2 spot for MSRP.

Still waiting to get my VIN, SVT manager is dragging his heels on doing anything with this car!!!

KingCobra.

Hope you have a formal sales agreement that says "at MSRP" with the sales MANAGER signature on it. There have been a lot of people who THOUGHT they had a deal at MSRP but later found the dealer pulling their "verbal" offers.

Dave

Hope you have a formal sales agreement that says "at MSRP" with the sales MANAGER signature on it. There have been a lot of people who THOUGHT they had a deal at MSRP but later found the dealer pulling their "verbal" offers.

Dave

When he asked me for the second deposit last December, I sent a letter by

email, fax, and written with the cheque stating that the deposit was to hold

my #2 spot for a 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe for MSRP. So, chashing the

cheque signified and acceptance of the tems of the deposit. But, Other than

that I have nothing in writting so far, including a purchase agreement. He

says that my order has been pulled by Ford, and that I should have delivery

around the second week of July. We'll see.

KingCobra.

When he asked me for the second deposit last December, I sent a letter by

email, fax, and written with the cheque stating that the deposit was to hold

my #2 spot for a 2007 Shelby GT500 coupe for MSRP. So, chashing the

cheque signified and acceptance of the tems of the deposit. But, Other than

that I have nothing in writting so far, including a purchase agreement. He

says that my order has been pulled by Ford, and that I should have delivery

around the second week of July. We'll see.

KingCobra.

You should Most definitely have a VIN by now James.

-I tried to send a message yesterday, but it looks I didn't do it right, as it shows that I have no postings.

>Anyway congratulations.

>>My question was how do you get insurance in Ontariario on a car that has 500 hp & goes 150mph, plus what's the cost?

>Also you can thank Mr. Harper for the 1% cut on the GST, which should help with the insurance cost.

-I tried to send a message yesterday, but it looks I didn't do it right, as it shows that I have no postings.

>Anyway congratulations.

>>My question was how do you get insurance in Ontariario on a car that has 500 hp & goes 150mph, plus what's the cost?

>Also you can thank Mr. Harper for the 1% cut on the GST, which should help with the insurance cost.

As for insurance, the car is still not listed in State Farm (Canada) as of yesterday. 500hp and 150mph car+insurance= grab you ankles honey. We'll even kiss you first if you like. ;)

1% is equivilant to 500-600. Not mega bucks but if I can keep it rather than give it to the Gov....I will

As for insurance, the car is still not listed in State Farm (Canada) as of yesterday. 500hp and 150mph car+insurance= grab you ankles honey. We'll even kiss you first if you like. ;)

1% is equivilant to 500-600. Not mega bucks but if I can keep it rather than give it to the Gov....I will

Here is some really good insurance at a great price!

http://www.grundy.com/

Here is some really good insurance at a great price!

http://www.grundy.com/

Uh...be careful folks. Grundy policies (at least the ones I've had) specify that you cannot drive the vehicle to work.

Be very careful with buying insurance to read the contract. I've seen terms in hi-perf car policies such as:

• Cannot allow the vehicle to be out of sight

• Mileage limitation of xxx miles/year

• Can only drive to parades/car shows

• Can only be driven by applicant (not your wife/son/etc.)

• Will not specify OEM replacement parts be used in repairs

• And many other terms that can be difficult to live with

Do your research.

Dave

Archived