TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sold it today

I sold my 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 today. Kinda sad right now because I would not be selling my Mach 1 if it hadn't been for getting a Shelby GT500. Sure I was on a list, but I thought I would be the one whom wouldn't get one and if my name came up, the dealer was going to ask for some crazy mark-up over MSRP. Turns out I was #1 on my local dealer's list and the price is MSRP.

Anyway, it was weird watching my Mach 1 drive off and hearing the exhaust sound fade in the distance; a perspective I don't normally see as I was the only driver of this car.

I just let a damn nice vehicle go. ¿What was I thinking? The regret is starting to set in. It wasn't feasible for me to keep the Mach 1 along with my other vehicles and add a Shelby GT500 to the stable. Sure selling the Mach 1 will make writing the big check easier. I'm just second guessing this decision after the fact.

The good news, if that's what you call it, not feeling so good right now, is the Mach 1 has found an excellent home with a former Bullitt owner whom takes very good care of his vehicles.

Feeling sad right now.

JB

I hear you, I sold my 01 True Blue Bullitt last year so my wife could have a new car. I regret it all day the car was the best mustang i have ever had youll miss it even in the GT500 youll see one and miss it.

I also had one of those cars. Way cool mustang. Did you know that there were only 735ish True Blue Bullits produced? True Blue being the rarest color in terms of least produced colors.

I sold my 2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 today. Kinda sad right now because I would not be selling my Mach 1 if it hadn't been for getting a Shelby GT500. Sure I was on a list, but I thought I would be the one whom wouldn't get one and if my name came up, the dealer was going to ask for some crazy mark-up over MSRP. Turns out I was #1 on my local dealer's list and the price is MSRP.

Anyway, it was weird watching my Mach 1 drive off and hearing the exhaust sound fade in the distance; a perspective I don't normally see as I was the only driver of this car.

I just let a damn nice vehicle go. ¿What was I thinking? The regret is starting to set in. It wasn't feasible for me to keep the Mach 1 along with my other vehicles and add a Shelby GT500 to the stable. Sure selling the Mach 1 will make writing the big check easier. I'm just second guessing this decision after the fact.

The good news, if that's what you call it, not feeling so good right now, is the Mach 1 has found an excellent home with a former Bullitt owner whom takes very good care of his vehicles.

Feeling sad right now.

JB

I feel sad for you. That's a nice looking vehicle.

I'm trying to sell my wife's '98 V6 Mustang. I won't be too sad to see that one go since we've got a Shelby on the way.

Many times when the decision to sell comes, you know it's time to move on or move up; even when a car has served it's purpose. What makes it difficult for me, I would be just as satisfied with my Mach 1 if the Shelby GT500 never materialized.

Thanks for your kind words during a tender moment.

JB

Jesse_Bolt,

I can surely sympathize, I'm selling my 1984 GT which I've owned for the last 22 years. It's been a great car and will be a great car for the next person. Your right, seeing someone else driving off in it will be hard to take.

JD

Feeling sad right now.

JB

You are replacing it with a darn nice alternative. However, you are going to miss that car. The Mach 1 is one of my favorite late model 'stangs. Too bad we can't keep them all.

I'm in the same boat - trying to sell my 03 Cobra before the Shelby comes

Wife said I could not have both, however, she did state that after the 03 is gone but before the Shelby arrives, that I could get an old beater that runs (say for about 2 to 3k). I am hoping to find an old Nova, Trans Am, Camaro or other old shool car I could build up over time.

:rockon: JB - I'm here for ya, man.

I feel your pain.

Can I have your beer, now? :shift:

I remember selling my '03 Mach. Of all the rides I've had (38 or 39), that one was the hardest to let go.

But - when you twist the key in the Shelby - a new affair begins.

Be cool, my brother. :rockon:

Shit, I know the feeling. I love the crap out of my 87' LX Vert. It's going to be twenty years old in October of 07', and I just get a sinking feeling that if I sell it, the car won't be kept up by the new owner and will turn to crap rather quickly. I know that the day will come that I will have to see it go, but believe it or not I won't sell it unless I know its going to a good home. That might sound strange to some of you, but that's how I feel about my cars. What's the point of keeping something cherry for 20 years only to have some punk buy it and thrash the lug nuts off of it?

Regardless, I really do feel your pain. Good luck and may you have many hours, days, and years of fun, happiness, and good health with your 500!

Archived