TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Custom tag for new SHELBY

post-2979-1151076014_thumb.jpgAfter seeing some creative tags already out there, I thought to myself, I need to order a Tag for the car I am still waiting for (07 GT500 Convertible Alloy with Satin Silver stripes) so I go to the Tag place and order "07 GT500" the guy calls me back and says someone in Pittsburgh already has it! I then told him to try the letter "O" then 7 GT500. it worked! and that is how it is pronounced anyway!! "Oh Seven, GT Five Hundred!" :happy feet: so now I wonder how many people riding behind my 67 GT500 think it is the "NEW SHELBY"?? :fan:

I'm in PA, too. I was at a local title transfer office this morning on other business, and asked if 07GT500 was already taken. They said it was, and it's on a Cadillac right now. Didn't know it was in Pgh, though.

try "07" and the GT5 with the "letters" OO mix it up till something works . it may get messy with Parking tickets in the future!! I love the Highland Green on my 68 GT500 Convertible, and the 67 GT500 in the picture is painted "Dark Moss Green" slightly different both Green's are but both very nice. :shift::party:

try "07" and the GT5 with the "letters" OO mix it up till something works . it may get messy with Parking tickets in the future!!

I have another one in mind. I'll let you know what it is when the time comes.

I'm just disappointed that the state did away with the black D.A.R.E. plates. I would have gone that way instead.

Great looking '67, just thinking... How in the hell can ford leave out highland green?! That is THE color imo for an old fastback, yet alone a gt 500 w/ white stripes. Awsome combo.

I was also hoping for gunmetal blue like my '68... such a nice blue metalic... oh, well...

I have another one in mind. I'll let you know what it is when the time comes.

I'm just disappointed that the state did away with the black D.A.R.E. plates. I would have gone that way instead.

I have had that DARE tag since 96. My wife had a Black explorer so I got it for that car. it is now on my 03 F250. Love that tag.

The current version looks just like the regular plate, only wit D A on one side.

I have the discontinued Flagship Niagra plate on my Excursion. That's the plate that is difficult to read from more than 20 feet away.

You can add me to the "where the hell is green" list too!!!!!!!!

Me too. I can't even describe how pissed I was when they did not offer Green. I called Ford over and over again after the color charts were released and begged them to add Green, but obviously my requests fell on deaf ears.

I also think that they should have offered a tan interior and convertible top color option too, because an all black interior in a convertible acts like a friggin' heat sink on a top down sunny day drive. Have you ever sat on solar heated black leather while wearing shorts? Ouch! :eek5:

The color combination that I really wanted for my 500 was Highland Green with gold stripes matched with a tan top and tan interior. Too me, that's a classy color combination.

The color combination that I really wanted for my 500 was Highland Green with gold stripes matched with a tan top and tan interior. Too me, that's a classy color combination.

+1 on the color combo you noted, although I prefer coupes. I think they should have offered the white/blue version with some type of two-tone white/blue interior to match.

:cheerleader:

Me too. I can't even describe how pissed I was when they did not offer Green. I called Ford over and over again after the color charts were released and begged them to add Green, but obviously my requests fell on deaf ears.

I also think that they should have offered a tan interior and convertible top color option too, because an all black interior in a convertible acts like a friggin' heat sink on a top down sunny day drive. Have you ever sat on solar heated black leather while wearing shorts? Ouch! :eek5:

Those were the colors my wife and I picked before the colors were released.

That is the most beautiful combo SO CLASSY!!!

Son of GT, I'm in San Diego and curious as to when you are getting youg GT500?

Archived