TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For all those complaining about creature comforts.

Even if it isn't an option, it is likely that you'll be able to add one.

Ford's radios all seem to be the same size these days and use similar plugs in back. I put the DVD-nav radio out of a 2006 Ford 500 that I ebay'd in my 2005 F-350, which came with the six-disk CD player. The steering wheel controls even work. The Ford DVD-nav radio is made by Pioneer and is a nice piece. Not as spiffy as their AVIC-Z1, but it can be had for a fraction of the cost.

B)-->

QUOTE(t b @ Jun 23 2006, 03:29 PM) 22286[/snapback]

Even if it isn't an option, it is likely that you'll be able to add one.

Ford's radios all seem to be the same size these days and use similar plugs in back. I put the DVD-nav radio out of a 2006 Ford 500 that I ebay'd in my 2005 F-350, which came with the six-disk CD player. The steering wheel controls even work. The Ford DVD-nav radio is made by Pioneer and is a nice piece. Not as spiffy as their AVIC-Z1, but it can be had for a fraction of the cost.

Which antenna did you use?

Antenna for GPS or radio?

The GPS antenna is the one that came with the radio, but the plug is standard so I'd guess that you'd have lots of options there.

The radio antenna requires an adapter cable. The radio takes a Chrysler-style plug, but the truck's antenna cable has a standard Motorola male end. You can get the adapter at the dealer. Oddly enough, Ford uses an adapter in the cars that come with this radio, vice a cable with the proper connecter already in place. Must be cheaper that way, I suppose.

Luckily, I found the adapter I needed at a car stereo place for about a quarter of the cost of the factory part. It is American International part number CR-7 - "CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP antenna adapter to standard motorola female". It was about six bucks if memory serves, and seems to be working great.

The Navigation DVD setup sounds great! ........ Can anyone provide more details on the availability and exact plugin replacement fit for the Mustang. This would be a great add- on aftermarket feature for the Shelby.

I don't see anywhere in the brochures where this is available, maybe I missed it!

Archived