TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 Pricing and specs?

RUFDRAFT

I was just on the Ford website.

No info is available for the '07 Mustangs - pricing - options - (like the new appearance package) -

It's becoming very frustrating dealing with the obvious lack of marketing at Ford. :banghead:

(example - there's a gear option for '07???)

Bill - can you hear me NOW? :finger:

My local Ford Store says he has an '07 GT vert on the ground. :shrug:

No info is available for the '07 Mustangs - pricing - options - (like the new appearance package) -

It's becoming very frustrating dealing with the obvious lack of marketing at Ford. :banghead:

They just started in early June (the fifth I think), but most dealers do not have any info and it is also not listed on the Ford website. The gear "option" is actually a backwards move... the manual trans 05-06GT has 3.55's while all other cars had 3.31's. For 07 ALL cars get the 3.31's and the 3.55's will be an option for the manual trans GT (and cost around $100 extra).

Try KBB.com. When I ordered my '07 they printed out the pricing for me (showing invoice and sticker) and the breakdowns were EXACTLY what was shown on KBB.

The "new gear option" is 3.55:1 gears. In '05 and '06 the 3.55 was the standard ratio with manual tranny GTs. For some reason they've made the 3.31 ratio standard on all GTs, and the 3.55 is now a 100.00 option on the manual tranny GT. It's listed in the 2007 order guide posted on the Brad Barnett forums.

EDIT- oops, I should have read Shotokan's response, he is exactly right on the gearing option :)

Question: Did I read it right that your are turning down a Gt500 at MSRP!

I'm sure you could sell your place in line for a healthy amount or whatever.

You must know what you're doing.... but I just was curious! :shrug:

Yes. I had an MSRP deal on a Shelby.

Ran the numbers and it wasn't in my budget.

I posted a thread on asking $5k for the right to purchase and got shot down in flames - so I just backed out of the deal.

Yes. I had an MSRP deal on a Shelby.

Ran the numbers and it wasn't in my budget.

I posted a thread on asking $5k for the right to purchase and got shot down in flames - so I just backed out of the deal.

Man that's sad! :banghead: Just thinking out loud..... Hope things work out for you with the GT.

I'm sure it's just eating your heart out! All pumped up forever and then having to go a different route. :shrug:

You know you're situation better than anyone. It's definitely not the end of the world.

I went down to a Ford dealer to check out the tungsten color and and test drove a GT coupe 5 speed with 300 hp. I was impressed with the smooth shifting and power.

I just don't have a clue of what I'm in for, when it comes to 500HP.

It's probably gonna be like getting lucky my very first time as a teenager. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm fine, bro!

The folks at Whipple and Ford Racing are gong to fix me up with a tire-ripper GT!

Thanks for the concern. I'm over it. Really. :banghead:

No - I am. Gotta take care of family stuff before a car.

Still - watch for me at stop lights - better be on your game. I'm an old guy, but I can still light 'em up. :rockon:

I test drove an '07 GT yesterday.

I kept hitting my elbow on the center armrest when shifting...a small thing - but noticed it.

Shifter had long throws, too. (compared to my 350Z)

Probably need the Ford/Hurst short shifter.

I'm fine, bro!

The folks at Whipple and Ford Racing are gong to fix me up with a tire-ripper GT!

Still - watch for me at stop lights - better be on your game. I'm an old guy, but I can still light 'em up. :rockon:

When coming thru Indiana watch out for this car.....I will test you Shelby driving skills!!!

Dont miss a shift because iam only I couple ticks off. You might be seeing the first picture view

of the car;

I'm fine, bro!

When coming thru Indiana watch out for this car.....I will test you Shelby driving skills!!!

Dont miss a shift because iam only I couple ticks off. You might be seeing the first picture view

of the car;

I'm fine, bro!

of the car;

post-4943-1151555438_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1151555584_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1151555655_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1151555438_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1151555584_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1151555655_thumb.jpg

Archived