TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How important is 1/4 mph speed/et anyway..

I know we were all hoping for a low 12 second car with street tires to stay within strinking distance of a Z06. The results were as good as hoped with 12.25's with power shifting to 13.1. However nearly all of the articles talked about tires breaking loose in 1st in 2nd gear while punching it on the roll. Most street racing or just having fun is from a rolling start and I'm sure many of us like to nail it at 60 to a quick 100 and back to 60 to avoid you know who.

This Shelby will probaby run with about anything from 60-100 and redlight to redlight will be more fun(tirespinning and keeping our 500 under control) than most of us can handle. In fact w/o taking our 500's to the track we will very seldom utilize most of the power of this brute. I'm sure we'll be able to stress out all of our riders with enough g's that they will scream at us to let off the gas. :bandance:

So much of this high performance game is in our heads....we all know this is going to be one badass ride once we get behind the wheel.

I know we were all hoping for a low 12 second car with street tires to stay within strinking distance of a Z06. The results were as good as hoped with 12.25's with power shifting to 13.1. However nearly all of the articles talked about tires breaking loose in 1st in 2nd gear while punching it on the roll. Most street racing or just having fun is from a rolling start and I'm sure many of us like to nail it at 60 to a quick 100 and back to 60 to avoid you know who.

This Shelby will probaby run with about anything from 60-100 and redlight to redlight will be more fun(tirespinning and keeping our 500 under control) than most of us can handle. In fact w/o taking our 500's to the track we will very seldom utilize most of the power of this brute. I'm sure we'll be able to stress out all of our riders with enough g's that they will scream at us to let off the gas. :bandance:

So much of this high performance game is in our heads....we all know this is going to be one badass ride once we get behind the wheel.

...and figuring out how to get it to launch is part of the fun, that is if you can resist using using the built-in 3200rpm launch-control feature which, though imperfect, does get you cosistent 4.5s-4.6s -- not too shabby at the stop light ;-)

I for one will enjoy seeing how tightly I can walk the edge comig out of nice sweepers at 3grand... no wheel steering required, if you know what I mean :lol:

we all know this is going to be one badass ride once we get behind the wheel.

Amen brother!

The obsessing that goes on over magazine posted 1/4 mile times is astounding. I have to shake my head when I read how people claim the car is worthless because it only runs in the low 12s. This will be the fastest car I have ever driven and I can't wait. :shift:

Amen brother!

The obsessing that goes on over magazine posted 1/4 mile times is astounding. I have to shake my head when I read how people claim the car is worthless because it only runs in the low 12s. This will be the fastest car I have ever driven and I can't wait. :shift:

Ditto over here!

Cheers,

Requis

The GT500 has a two-step rev limiter????

I had no idea about that. That's pretty cool. I know you can "tune" a two step limiter into the PCM but that's excellent if they're shipping that way.

...and figuring out how to get it to launch is part of the fun, that is if you can resist using using the built-in 3200rpm launch-control feature which, though imperfect, does get you cosistent 4.5s-4.6s -- not too shabby at the stop light ;-)

I for one will enjoy seeing how tightly I can walk the edge comig out of nice sweepers at 3grand... no wheel steering required, if you know what I mean :lol:

Archived