TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Father's Day Gift From My Daughter

RUFDRAFT

First off, Happy Father's Day to all who are! :happy feet:

I've recently adopted my 15 year-old step-daughter.

She had an abusive father when she was younger - and was without one for 8 years until her mom and I married. She was also recently the vicitm of an assualt at our city pool. He's in jail.

Anyway - some background so you'll have a better understanding of how much the words she wrote in my father's day card mean to me. They follow:

Thanks for being my dad every day - not just when you feel like it.

I know sometimes we don't get along. Maybe it's because we are a lot alike. But, whatever the reason, you know I still love you.

I was worried when I was younger that I'd never have a dad to worry my "dates" when they came to get me - and worry about me with guys. Or teach me stuff about cars (!). Or look so happy at my graduation - or have no one to walk me down the aisle at my wedding. And that I'd never get to have the father-daughter dance.

But now I will.

Thanks for being such a terrific dad 24-7 and making my little girl dreams come true. - Macie.

(Now - you all know I'm a tough guy. But I gotta admit - these words brought some tears to my eyes.)

Feel free to share other father's day gifts - activities here. Let's celebrate our day!

:happy feet:

Ruf -

post-4913-1150663674_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1150663674_thumb.jpg

She had an abusive father when she was younger - and was without one for 8 years until her mom and I married. She was also recently the vicitm of an assualt at our city pool. He's in jail.

Anyway - some background so you'll have a better understanding of how much the words she wrote in my father's day card mean to me. They follow:

I know sometimes we don't get along. Maybe it's because we are a lot alike. But, whatever the reason, you know I still love you.

I was worried when I was younger that I'd never have a dad to worry my "dates" when they came to get me - and worry about me with guys. Or teach me stuff about cars (!). Or look so happy at my graduation - or have no one to walk me down the aisle at my wedding. And that I'd never get to have the father-daughter dance.

But now I will.

Thanks for being such a terrific dad 24-7 and making my little girl dreams come true. - Macie.

(Now - you all know I'm a tough guy. But I gotta admit - these words brought some tears to my eyes.)

Feel free to share other father's day gifts - activities here. Let's celebrate our day!

Ruf -

Dang! She made me get teary eyed.

Such thoughtful and meaningful words from a child, especially a 15 year old. I view my primary mission and priority in life as being a father and husband. From what I have seen and heard on this forum, you do also, and are successful at it. Congratulations. I would not have any real regrets if I never got a shelby, but would certainly feel many if I did not do my best for my wife and boys.

For all on the Board:

Happy Father's Day!!! :happy feet:

Thanks, y'all.

Christine is making us some shrimp/pesto pizza - then we're going to watch the Michigan race that we taped. :shift: Macie went to camp today - she's old enough to be a counsellor this year. :happy feet:

I don't normally keep cards - but this one goes in the vault! :bandance:

Thanks, y'all.

Christine is making us some shrimp/pesto pizza - then we're going to watch the Michigan race that we taped. :shift: Macie went to camp today - she's old enough to be a counsellor this year. :happy feet:

I don't normally keep cards - but this one goes in the vault! :bandance:

RUFDRAFT A Great Fathers day gift ,something that you will treasure all your life.

I had a great day with my children & family lots of laughs & memories .

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO EVERY FATHER OUT THERE

And you know what? It gets better all the time. Enjoy your times together, they will grow and learn so fast.

My oldest daughter announced they are having a baby! Grandpa for the first time ... what a concept!

Have a great Fathers' Day, everyone.

Happy Fathers day to all.

This year I got an ipod which was cool.

I am a self employed contractor so I work a lot of hours, Last Xmas my two kids 10 and 16 wrote a little note in my card of how much they appreciciate what I do etc. etc.

Like your card Bryan it still "gets" to me when I see and or read it. Good Job dude.

Yes Happy Father's Day Guys!

A Wonderful thing for Your Daughter to Write Bryan. Cherish it!

My Father's Day gift is a Red with White striped Shelby. In fact I'm pretty sure that it'll be my Father's Day, Birthday and Christmas Gift for the next few years to come :rolleyes:

My 7 and 5 year old girls don't get it. When they see Shelby photos they just say, "there's Daddy's funny little car with the Snakes on it, again!" My one year old, b'day yesterday, boy just says, "Brum Brum!" :baby: ... yep, I think he gets it!! :play:

Gotta' Love Em'! :yup:

But now I will.

Ruf -

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL, RUFDRAFT i have to admit it brought a tear to my eye also, you are a very lucky man. That card is a keeper, god bless to all and best wishes to everyone for the future.

You bet.

It's gonna be a lot harder to tell her to pick up her room when she gets back from camp! :hysterical:

RUFDRAFT I ADMIRE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!YOU SHOULD BE A PROUD FATHER!I HAVE TWO SON'S ONE IS 5 AND THE OTHER IS 15 MONTH'S I WENT TO MY SON'S SCHOOL ON WED TO HAVE A FATHER'S DAY PICNIC THAT THE SCHOOL ORGANISED.THEY SAID EACH A PRAYER AND WE HAD LUNCH OUTSIDE. AFTER THAT WE HAD A WATER BALLON TOSS AND A PATATO SACK RACE FOR FUN.HE MADE A PICTURE FRAMED WITH PUZZLE'S PEICES AROUND IT IN THE MIDDLE WAS A PICTURE WITH MY SON HOLDING A SIGHN SAYING DAD I LOVE YOU TO PIECES!TODAY WENT TO VISIT MY DAD.FATHER'S DAY GIFT I TOLD MY WIFE NOT TO BUY ANY THING.BECAUSE SHE IS HELPING PAY FOR THE SHELBY SO WE CUT BACK A LITTLE.BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL FATHER'S ! :party:

But now I will.

Ruf -

That's awesome, Bryan! Sounds like the best Father's Day gift one could ask for.

Archived