TEAM SHELBY FORUM

delivery dates

intguys

Well.....they can't even tell me if it really shipped. I'm guessing it won't be here this week. My turn to say:

CRAP! :fan:

:shift:

bj

VNMOUS1,

I fully understand your plight. I am a pl order too. Ordered my car late may. Car was built last week but still nothing as far as ship. Am told delivery date is 8/9-8/16 thats all I have.

Trying to schedule time off to drive approx 300 miles to pick up car but at this point do not have a clue other than the week period of its expected arrival. Any car should have PDI done to it so something as simple as a hose can be caught. This is reason FORD has a PDI so they can be taken care of prior to buyer driving off.

According to x x x x The engine rpm is limited to 4k rpm and without full boost until 50 starts or 5 continuous miles. The Shelby specific PDI sheet also says for tech to disconnect battery cable for at least 10 minutes. The Shelby's are intentionally shipped with a very minimal amt of fuel to stop test drives. FORD is doing everything they can to let the new owner decide how its driven.

To any and ALL SHELBY owners please remind your dealer the Shelby should get minimum 91 octane when the fuel car. Dealer owes you a full tank upon delivery. Most dealers do not have a 91 Octane pump so would need to give you a PO to have car filled.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VNMOUS1,

I fully understand your plight. I am a pl order too. Ordered my car late may. Car was built last week but still nothing as far as ship. Am told delivery date is 8/9-8/16 thats all I have.

Trying to schedule time off to drive approx 300 miles to pick up car but at this point do not have a clue other than the week period of its expected arrival. Any car should have PDI done to it so something as simple as a hose can be caught. This is reason FORD has a PDI so they can be taken care of prior to buyer driving off.

According to x x x x The engine rpm is limited to 4k rpm and without full boost until 50 starts or 5 continuous miles. The Shelby specific PDI sheet also says for tech to disconnect battery cable for at least 10 minutes. The Shelby's are intentionally shipped with a very minimal amt of fuel to stop test drives. FORD is doing everything they can to let the new owner decide how its driven.

To any and ALL SHELBY owners please remind your dealer the Shelby should get minimum 91 octane when the fuel car. Dealer owes you a full tank upon delivery. Most dealers do not have a 91 Octane pump so would need to give you a PO to have car filled.

Please post a .pdf file of the "Shelby specific PDI" sheet. Where did you get that info? I'd like to see where it says to disconnect battery for 10 minutes.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Please post a .pdf file of the "Shelby specific PDI" sheet. Where did you get that info? I'd like to see where it says to disconnect battery for 10 minutes.

Dave

Dave, Here you go!

Its actually disconnect battery for 10 seconds not minutes.

The PDI is actually almost 50 Pages long.

A lot of info specific for SHELBY GT500.

hopefully the pdf will be attached here

Shoot me another PM

edit add: Also please note it says to turn ign on and off without starting vehicle to prevent a high idle condition.

Lot of info on Shelby I am sure most techs do not know exists or do not care. The J10 code as I mentioned before is the PCM reset Calibration specific to Shelby GT500

My dealer just called me. Said that my car is scheduled to be at his lot on August 19/06.

Richmond, B.C, Canada

Built August 4/06

This is my dealers #5 car.

(SVT & Presidents Award Dealership)

Not sure whats up down south but some deallers in Canada are hitting 3-5 cars already.

:bandance: :happy feet: :party::cheerleader:

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, Here you go!

Shoot me another PM

edit add: Also please note it says to turn ign on and off without starting vehicle to prevent a high idle condition.

Lot of info on Shelby I am sure most techs do not know exists or do not care. The J10 code as I mentioned before is the PCM reset Calibration specific to Shelby GT500

Please post the .pdf file again if you can. I can't find it.

Thanks!

Scott

Dave, Here you go!

Shoot me another PM

Please post the .pdf file again if you can. I can't find it.

Thanks!

Scott

Regarding the J10 code (PCM calibration)...how is this done? Is this where the battery disconnect for 10 secs. comes in?

Thanks!

Archived